AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 02:05:05 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Driving into the Sunset, Part 2 - Health  (Read 21563 times)
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2003, 07:19:45 am »

Hi Joe and Verne!  Smiley
  I learned how to dive at Anacapa Island when I was about 13 years old.  I dove quite a bit throughout the Channel Islands and Catalina before I joined up with the Assembly.  We used to load gunny sacks with abalone, before the days of limits, and probably contributed greatly to the present shortage.
   My Mom came home as the Island she lived on had little medical care and was far from where her family could help her if she ran into health problems.  Her health is good, but she is 81 and we wanted her to settle here close to where we could look after her.
  I'm glad Verne you have some land on the BVI's as I would like to dive that wreck that you were talking about.  I would like to go if just for a chance to be able to meet you face to face and have a nice long talk  Smiley.
                            God Bless,  Mark C.

editor
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2003, 09:43:28 pm »

When I am not being bitter and unforgiving, I am involved in my kid's lives, primarily in Athletics at this time of year.

A normal Saturday for us entails a gymnastics event up to 400 miles away, and two football games, which could be at the same time, an hour or more apart.  Suzie puts over 100 miles on the diesel everyday.  (Diesels love this)

Of course, during the Assembly days, we never could have had our kids do this.  Our daughter, the gymnast, missed out on 2 or 3 years of training that she had to make up for quite fast.  Thankfully, God has given her a tenacious spirit.  

This last Saturday, my youngest son's team won the final playoff game, getting in to the superbowl, which is a really big deal.  Their record is 10--0  and the team they are playing is also 10---0, so this is going to be a huge deal, with a professional announcer, programs, etc.

We are so proud of him!!!

This is also, IMHO, a very healthy thing to do, especially for those of us who had school age kids during the days we served George Geftakys.

Don't get me wrong, just because the Tr0ckman's have a very busy life that has nothing at all to do with the Assembly doesn't mean we aren't still perpetual victims!  I don't want any of you getting the wrong idea..... Wink Wink  No, we intend to be as bitter as ever, in spite of what others may say!  Grin
vernecarty
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2003, 01:33:37 am »

Wink  No, we intend to be as bitter as ever, in spite of what others may say!  Grin

Since you do intend to be bitter
May I then suggest you get a sitter
Who'll take care of the kids
While you're on the skids
And your poor neighbors all go a twitter  Grin
Verne

p.s. How'm I doin'? Be honest...!   Grin  Grin
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 01:35:00 am by vernecarty » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2003, 09:52:44 am »

When I am not being bitter and unforgiving, I am involved in my kid's lives, primarily in Athletics at this time of year...
...Of course, during the Assembly days, we never could have had our kids do this.  

What?!  The kids in your assembly didn't enter into competitions?  Wow!  i'm amazed.

In the early days, our kids were constantly engaged in contests of one kind or another.  My oldest won the Conscious But Absolutely Motionless And Quiet endurance trials crown on three separate occasions.  And my son was awarded the Blueness Of the Wound trophy two consecutive years.  You guys really missed out!

al

summer007

Email
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2003, 03:04:21 am »

ok one of the things I noticed after someone got cancer in the assembly...all of the sudden they were at home with their parents .. the same worldly parents they had forsaken ..It got me thinking if I got sick.. gee maybe I'd have to go crawling back home... well later I did get sick semi- life threatening.. and it helped me evaluate alot of things... prior to the illness (or before diagnosis) a prominant sister told me I should PUSH myself harder... at that point I felt I'd be dead if I pushed any harder...anyway a batch of Chinese Herbs  got me well and I hav'ent had a problem since...by the way when I first entered the assm.. Betty was on her Deathbed along with Gay Mau...or was it just they're clever way to skip meetings.....next thing you know Gay was marrying Keith and Betty bounced back..... Those herbs are truly amazing....
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: