AssemblyBoard
May 01, 2024, 10:12:24 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: George is Rebuilding his house  (Read 94145 times)
Robb

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2003, 09:03:42 am »

Sounds like GG might have a bit of a fight on his hands if those of us that are ex-assembly get involved.  Keep me notified at the forefront if any assistance is needed - I'd jump at the chance to make California a bit more "clean" since my wife and I have considered moving there.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2003, 09:04:51 pm »

Tom---

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the group with the signs being a little "cult" themselves. I remember being told to "just ignore them" and was told that some of them had come to a few meetings and had something against George.  I had only been in the Assembly for a short time. Thanks for clearing that up.

--Joe
Oscar

Email
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2003, 12:14:57 am »

Tom---

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the group with the signs being a little "cult" themselves. I remember being told to "just ignore them" and was told that some of them had come to a few meetings and had something against George.  I had only been in the Assembly for a short time. Thanks for clearing that up.

--Joe

Joe,'

You might remember these guys from Van Nuys Blvd.  Remember that there was a car that would drive up and down the street that was painted yellow on the upper half, and had red flames on the bottom?
It said something like "heaven" on top and "hell" on the lower half.
They would drive along yelling, "God", or "Jesus", or "Bible" out the window at the kids along the street.  

Effective evangelism what?

They used to come to Hillcrest Park in Fullerton.  That's where we first met them.  They were led by "Bobby Bible" who was a little guy with a beard.  He was supported by a really big guy about 6'5''.
All told there seemed to be about 8 or 10 of them.

They rode around in a couple of cars, painted as described, but they pulled a trailer so "Bobby" could take out his Harley and ride it when the whim took him.

I wonder what ever became of them.

I suspect that he went the way GG is headed.

Tom M.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2003, 12:49:17 am »

Tom----

Yeah---I remember that car. Just for the heck of it I went
to www.google.com and put bobby bible in the search engine and an article came up about him going to Israel in 1999 to await the imminent return of Jesus. He said the Lord was returning "partially" in December of 1999. Like you said, he went the way of George alright.

take care,  Joe
William Wallace

Email
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2003, 12:52:28 am »

The emails have been going out people. I've been emailing and writing the local Redlands pastors and handing out my phone number for open discussion regarding this serious matter.

How is everyone else doing?

In the meantime, while you ACT, please remember to PRAY.

This CANNOT go on any longer. I'm done seeing sincere brothers and sisters in Christ fleeced by this man. Pray for the Lord to reveal himself as the Avenging Judge that Mr. Geftakys will wake up from his delusions and sin. May visions prick Mr. Geftaky's conscious for the crimes he has committed.

God said the gates of Hades shall not prevail!

There is still shadow that cast itself over the lands, but the warrior poets rumble with a restlessness. Light and love has pierced our hearts and we shall not go out into the night quietly.

In the NIGHT we will raise our blazing torches higher, he shall see it upon the hills! We shall bathe the land with light because there's the fight of faith and good.

Our voices will grow louder to heaven in prayer with a booming declaration, ENOUGH.

God will ACT and we shall wonder at His wondrous works. PRAY PRAY PRAY!

editor
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2003, 01:41:15 am »

Who is going to do the newspaper add?

Also, before the add goes up, 2 people need to  eyewitness people going into the house, with George, and have a meeting.  The address needs to be correct, and the facts need to be straight.

Aaron Russo and Jeremy Zimmerman are the former LB's from Riverside, and they would be the logical choice to get the facts.  I have emailed AAron, and have not heard back.  

Does anyone know Jeremy well?

It only takes 2 or 3 people to put a stop to this.  Where are all the "repentant" leaders?  

Brent
enchilada
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2003, 02:10:01 am »

It looks like the newspaper ad and sending letters to all the Christ-honoring churches is the way to go.  
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2003, 03:32:39 am »

Hi Everyone!
  Wow!  I get on the BB after a week's absence and discover great interest in a community (Redlands) that I just drove through! Shocked
   I think with some searching I could come up with the address of Mike Almanzor, as I am in contact with an ex- WLA Assemblyite who probably has it.  
   Though I was moved by the call to arms against "Longshanks" (My Scottish heritage probably has something to do with it Wink) the pen will be mightier than the sword in this case I believe.
   Since GG's past methods have been to use College campuses; possibly contacting the Local Campus Crusade for Christ rep. along with any other Christian outreach on Cal St. Riverside might be a good idea.
   The person who said they were in contact with the ex- Riverside folks should do so immediately as they would have the best info. re. GG's activities.  We need some accurate intelligence first if we are to find GG's 'weapons-of mass-deception' Wink and put him out of business.
  While make a delivery to a Christian camp (run by the Plymouth Brethren) I spoke with, and warned, the brother who ran the camp re. GG.  This man is an Elder in the Riverside PB Assembly.  He referred me to a brother with connections to Nigeria who visits many PB Assemblies here and abroad.  He told me that P.B's in Nigeria know about GG and that he is a false teacher.  They also now know all the latest revelations re. GG's character.
  The above paragraph encourages me greatly that God is directing events and though we may think sometimes that evil men like GG escape God's watchful eye we need to believe otherwise!  I agree that passivity is the wrong course for good men/women to take, as it only encourages the evil to be bolder, but we should proceed with some intelligent marshalling of our resources. (Besides, I refuse to paint myself blue and wear a kilt Wink)
           God bless those who enthusiastically care! Mark C.
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2003, 06:19:38 am »

Mark:

The campus out in Riverside is UC Riverside.

Matt Sciaini
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2003, 06:39:36 am »

Mark:

Mike Almanzor's address is--

728 Hacienda Drive
Riverside, CA 92507

Matt Sciaini
faith

Email
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2003, 10:46:40 pm »

I hope everyone is still taking this seriously.  George has seriously devastated many lives.  Shall we let it continue?  Remember there are women and children in Riverside.  And George seems to still have a hunger for young women.  

Let me tell you about Mike Almanzor: he preaches JUST like George.  Same photographic memory, grasp of the "heavenly vision", and same arrogant pride and violent, bullying temper.  Shall we let it all begin again with George's new prodige' (sp?).

I recommend a movie called "Enough".  It may be a cheesy flick, but it depicts perfectly what kind of men we are dealing with here.  
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2003, 11:55:14 pm »

Quote from: Brent Tr0ckman on Rest-for-the-Weary BB at  02:22:27pm

I'm with you!
[/b][/u]

I am going to try to get Aaron Russo and Jeremy Zimmerman on board.  They are the ex-leaders from Riverside, who are "outathere."

I think a weeklong add in the paper, stating only the facts is in order.  Something like this:

Important Information

Local Bible Study given by controversial, disgraced leader.

George Geftakys is teaching a Bible Study at xxxx Shady Lane on Wednesday night at 7PM.  The house that is hosting Mr. Geftakys is the residence of Mike and Janine Almanzor, long time associates of George Geftakys, and part of the leadership structure of his recently failed ministry, known as "The Assembly."

Among other things, Mr. Geftakys was excommunicated by his former followers for improper sexual relationships with several female members of his church, which were ongoing for over twenty years.

Mr. Geftakys was at the helm of his small, secretive group for over thirty years, during which time the group never disclosed income or expenses, and had no financial statements of any kind.

George Geftakys has been labeled a cult leader by several authorities, including Dr. Ronald Enroth, author of the popular and widely read books,  Churches That Abuse,  and Recovering From Churches That Abuse.

In addition, there are several websites that contain vast amounts of information regarding George, the collapse of his ministry, and the various aspects of his doctrine that have been rejected by Christian leaders and teachers.

www.rickross.com  www.geftakysassembly.com

or, search the web under the name, GEFTAKYS

Paid for by former followers of George Geftakys, and Christians in this community.
 [/color]

Brent, if you take-out some ads on this GG meeting I'll chip in cash $$$...I'll match anyone up to $200!  If two match me I'll pop for $250. I'll also be willing to write up an account of what George Geftakys did to our family.

Ladies and gentlemen,  let's spill some ink!  Wayne and Pat Mathews!...I love you dear In-laws!   53 of us, 25 years...No, no, not again! Not again!

Who else will help to underwrite these ads?  Spiritual abusers should be identified to the community.

Also, if someone will call the churches and get the local pastors names and personal numbers - I'll call a bunch of them after the ads have run for a few days.  Who else will join me, guys?

I'm ready to get on a plane, and go visit George and some of his disciples out there...Do some door-to-door visits...Get my drift.

Come-on, you California people!  These folks are waundering off to slaughter - Won't you hold them back?!  I want no blood on my hands!

Never, never, never - Ever again!

What is the rest for the weary BB?
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2003, 05:23:44 am »

To any that are interested in doing advertising:

According to what I've been able to glean  Roll Eyes through the grapevine, George is supposedly actually HAVING a study in Redlands.  I'm not positive if he is still having a study in the Almanzor's home in Riverside or not.  Before advertising anything, make sure you have the facts straight.  

Matt Sciaini

editor
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2003, 05:55:55 am »

Matt

Since you live down there, how about if you verify the facts?  It is important that people actually do something about this.  I have done my part, and don't feel like driving 300 miles.  How about those of you who live within 50 miles checking it out?

Let me just say that nothing helps so much as doing something.  Fighting back, winning battles, putting cult-leaders out of business...it does wonders for the healing process.  Paul told Timothy to "fight the good fight."  I believe this is what he was talking about.  

The reason George was able to do what he did, is because we were all such passive weenies.  Anyone willing to graduate and act like a man out there?

Brent

BenJapheth
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2003, 08:44:05 pm »

Go after George!

Folks, I suggest someone start organizing something offline.  Someone needs to organize "a purse" for the advertising contributions $$$, create an email list - I'm ready to send a check.  Someone needs to write the copy and place the ads...I'll help here, too. Get the facts and lets work offline on what we will do and when we will do it.  

Think about it - The state of California (every state in the union!) is more diligent in protecting the public from pedophiles and convicted perverts and in warning unwary people about emotional and physical dangers than we Christians are in "warning our neighbor" about a horrible predatory wolf such as a George Geftakys. No wonder we believers are reviled...We believers should demonstrate to all - to believers and unbelievers - that unrepentant spiritual abusers will experience consequences for their injurious, abusive, blasphemous lives.

Part of all of us "getting right" on our past is all of us individually and corporately - doing right! - with our present.

The church sees! God sees!  And, it's not alright...

He/they should be publicly exposed - So that all will fear.

Ecclesiastes 3:8 - "There is a time to love and a time to hate."  

George is an extremely dangerous spiritual bully - He has stumbled multitudinous people - both near and abroad.  He robbed my family of three decades of peace...Never again - not one person more, not for one minute. I hate it when a bully gets away with hurting the innocent - So should you.  We need to go after George, people...Go after him for his good, for the good of our world and for the good of ourselves.  He needs a spanking...Our witness is at stake.

Indeed, like Cain he needs to marked - publicly and permanently exposed for what he is - A danger.

Chuck Vanasse
chuck@vanant.com

Matt

Since you live down there, how about if you verify the facts?  It is important that people actually do something about this.  I have done my part, and don't feel like driving 300 miles.  How about those of you who live within 50 miles checking it out?

Let me just say that nothing helps so much as doing something.  Fighting back, winning battles, putting cult-leaders out of business...it does wonders for the healing process.  Paul told Timothy to "fight the good fight."  I believe this is what he was talking about.  

The reason George was able to do what he did, is because we were all such passive weenies.  Anyone willing to graduate and act like a man out there?

Brent

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: