AssemblyBoard
April 24, 2024, 01:13:08 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What I've learned so far  (Read 6408 times)
Gordon

Email
« on: July 31, 2003, 02:52:38 am »

WHAT I”VE LEARNED SO FAR

ELITIST
At the very last seminar I heard George G sum it up, “I’ve preached every verse, every chapter, and every book of the bible. There are very few men who can say that.” I thought the day I heard, “God, forgive him for saying that. That is so arrogant.” I brought it up with some in leadership and the response was, “Paul boasted, and George has a right to in this regard too.”  

And how many times did we hear deriding comments or remarks about other ministries or gatherings?  Where is the grace in that? It makes me sad to see the shoulders of pompous men shrugging their shoulders in amusement at the expense of sincere Christians around the world. To this day, I found one young man adopt to this foolish arrogance and we can thank George for it.

Also, what is the classification perspective of workers? For a long time, if I thought all these workers should be at their perspective places of fellowship and spend some time visiting the sick, encouraging the discouraged and spending time with the people of God.

Recently, Rick Warren just got 7000 churches to be involved with the great book, “A purpose driven life.” * I should know working in the Christian market, and it is very much alive and well with depth, passion and zeal for Jesus Christ.

Nowhere in the Geftaky’s  ministry did we ever approach the impact or power other ministries are proving today.

Lesson: I will never tolerate a minister of God’s word or a ministry being critical of other fellowships or believers. Be bold to say, “SHAME ON YOU.” Be aware we are naturally drawn to be top dawg on the righteous ladder. I remembered one time at an outreach meeting someone said, “Who are some godly, brave preachers who want to go out for outreach?” Some people raised their hands, but I thought the call should have been, “How many cowards, but in their hearts want to preach the gospel?”

RELATIONSHIPS
What is this “breaking your wife’s will” deal? I don’t know about other assemblies, and tell me where this demented idea came from? The bible clearly states that the marriage is a reflection of the godhead and it’s harmony. Three different identities, functions, equal in importance yet still existing as on. I’ve heard recent examples of a husband taught to “cross his wife’s will” by switching or changing situations so the wife can be accustomed to “first time obedience”. Men were encouraged to be the “man”. I’m all for men to be men, and not milk-sops, but Jack Nicolsons running around treating their wives like a servant? She’s a helper, not slave.

The ministry never lifted the woman where she should be.

Your wife is your best friend, spouse, and a child of God. She is your equal in importance and it’s best to treat her with the dignity, respect and honor she deserves. Billy Graham said, “Behind every great man is a great woman.”

The world don’t need self-righteous husbands being the next drill seargent, the world need to see husbands loving, cherishing, and inspiring their wives. If a woman wants a ‘breaking program’ she can be like Demi Moore and get a movie contract for “GI Jane 2”.

Also, the single women are important. Guys, give them some credit and hang out with some godly single and married women and you’ll be amazed. To this day, my best manager, and art director that I ever worked with?  All women. They are humble, godly and have the smarts to run circles around George.

Lesson: Get together with some godly couples really in love and hang out with them. See the vibrancy, and absolute “I love this woman, and I’ll show it to the world” attitude. It will inspire this world as to why marriage is good. You’ll see it because if you’re single, like me, you’ll go, “Wish I was married.”
M2
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 09:57:22 am »

At the very last seminar I heard George G sum it up, “I’ve preached every verse, every chapter, and every book of the bible. There are very few men who can say that.” I thought the day I heard, “God, forgive him for saying that. That is so arrogant.” I brought it up with some in leadership and the response was, “Paul boasted, and George has a right to in this regard too.”  
I saw this as a brainwashing technique to convince us of his 'spirituality' .

And how many times did we hear deriding comments or remarks about other ministries or gatherings?  Where is the grace in that? It makes me sad to see the shoulders of pompous men shrugging their shoulders in amusement at the expense of sincere Christians around the world. To this day, I found one young man adopt to this foolish arrogance and we can thank George for it.
How else was he going to keep you in the assembly and tithing in order to support him and his works?

Also, what is the classification perspective of workers? For a long time, if I thought all these workers should be at their perspective places of fellowship and spend some time visiting the sick, encouraging the discouraged and spending time with the people of God.
None of them were named: Stephen, Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas or Nicolas. (Ac 6:5)

Recently, Rick Warren just got 7000 churches to be involved with the great book, “A purpose driven life.” * I should know working in the Christian market, and it is very much alive and well with depth, passion and zeal for Jesus Christ.

Nowhere in the Geftaky’s  ministry did we ever approach the impact or power other ministries are proving today.
Hmmm!  I wonder why??

Marcia Smiley
Arthur
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 08:04:50 pm »

None of them were named: Stephen, Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas or Nicolas. (Ac 6:5)

They were named, but not called "workers"--they were called "waiters"   Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: