AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 06:49:17 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 6836 times)
jm

Email
« on: July 12, 2003, 02:09:33 am »

My name is John Marvin and I was in the Assembly (Fullerton) from about 1976 to 1980-81.  My first contact with the Assembly was at Fullerton College and through Hector Perez, who was a classmate of mine in high school.  I  made many friends while there and I've been reading many of the posts in this site.  I still reside in Fullerton with my wife and two children.  If anyone would like to contact me please do so.  It would be great to hear from you.  Though it's many years removed from my involvement in the Assembly I've kept up with what has happened and I'm curious to see how this all will play itself out in the future. It is my plan to visit their Wednesday night meeting in the near future.  Take care and blessings in Christ to you and yours.

John Marvin  
« Last Edit: July 20, 2003, 06:01:13 pm by jm » Logged
Pierwalk

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 02:35:13 am »

Hi John,

How much trouble did you get in while in the "the Assembly"?  Cheesy

Pierwalk
jm

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 03:52:35 am »

Thanks for the response Pierwalk.  Two incidents come to mind.  First there was the time we were having the gospel tent meetings at Hillcrest Park.  At the same time Calvary Chapel was sponsoring a similiar event in Placentia.  I chose one night to attend the Calvary Chapel event.  This was not looked at favorably.  Another time while living in the house on Victoria Avenue in Fullerton another brother and I were listening to music (rock and roll) while cutting and maintaing the lawn.  Again, this did not endear us to the leaders of the house.  There were other things as well but these two examples came to mind.  Again thanks for your response.  Blessings to you in Christ and write again.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2003, 03:53:30 am by jm » Logged
outdeep

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 02:30:12 am »

Hi John,

I still remember one evening when I was with you at Pierwalk's apartment when his daughter was really little.  This was over 20 years ago.  If you and he hadn't left, you were pretty much out the door.  We discussed the problems with the Assembly and compared George's teaching with some of Chuck Smith's books you were reading.  The next day, Steve Irons found out and he came down on me.  I wasn't emotionally ready to leave at that time.  I burst into tears, repented and moved into a brother's house.

Eight years, a marriage, and two kids later, I was ready to leave.

-Dave
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 02:32:59 am by Dave Sable » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: