AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 07:17:33 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Deal Biblically With A Heretic  (Read 9233 times)
vernecarty
« on: June 16, 2003, 09:15:57 pm »

Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.  Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.
  From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.
 Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.  And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.
Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.   Hear the word of the Lord, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?  Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.  And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
  Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
  Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isaiah 1:4-18

Part I

The entire litany of George Geftakys’ trangressions has not been aired in public. There is much information in Brent Tr0ckman's possession that he chose not to make public. The entire litany of David Geftakys’ transgressions has not been aired in public. There are some things about his conduct while “serving” in the Chicago assembly that have never been publicly disclosed. It is pointless for anyone to solicit this information from Brent or me – none will be forthcoming as such disclosure is alltogether un-necessary. The community of believers at large is currently in possession of more than enough information to render spiritually sound and biblically defensible judgment regarding the man George Geftakys and his so-called ministry.  I mention this to underscore the irrefutable reason for the silence on the part of so many formerly associated with this heretic. Strident protestations by some individuals to the contrary, the reason for the silence of some formerly in leadership is not that the leading brothers were all “hard-working and honest” as some foolishly maintain. The real reason for the protracted silence is their unwillingness to be accountable for what they knew, and more importantly what they failed to do  in spite of what they knew. I want to specifically exempt some bothers from the following remarks: Wayne Matthews, Mike Zach, and Danny Edwards, all with whom I have personally communicated, and who to the best of my knowledge have made every effort to square accounts before God and man.

The evidence is overwhelming that George Geftakys is not now, nor ever was, a true servant of Jesus Christ. The evidence shows that he was repeatedly rejected as a candidate for leadership in other gatherings of God's people and ultimately departed rather than be subject to the discipline of responsible bretheren for gross immorality.  In an attempt to legitimize his new endeavor, he subsequently lied repeatedly about the circumstances of his departure, implying he left with the blessing of the brethren when in fact he left in abject disgrace. His dabbling in occultic matters qualify him as, at best, a complete apostate, and at worse, an active agent of dark spiritual forces. Events came full circle when his hand-picked inner circle, some of whom were groomed in his own house, excommunicated him from the ministry he started for  gross sins and refusal to repent when confronted with his folly. Look well to the pit from which you were digged!  Does God use wicked men for his purposes? Yes, He most certainly does. He is the God who will employ a “lying spirit”  (1 Kings 22:20-24) to fulfill His own ends. Does this mean however, that Christians are to be spiritually obtuse when it comes to rendering judgment regarding individuals based on the clear teaching of Scripture? It most certainly does not! George Geftakys fits in every detail, the Biblical description of a false prophet. It was ultimately the public recognition of this fact that prompted the wholesale resignation of his leadership structure. Such a response would not have been Biblically prescriptive on the part of Godly leadership upon the discovery of sin in one man, even one in leadership, in the ranks. The leadership resigned in response to the absolute recognition that the decades-old charade could no longer be maintained. I do not go into detail as ample evidence has been provided in other venues, including extensive witness and documentation from some formerly in high positions of responsibility in association with George Geftakys.
No one was appointed to a position of responsibility in the “ministry” of George Geftakys without his personal knowledge and approval. Assignment of responsibility was not within the purview of the local gathering or its local leadership. It was also usual for “leading brothers” to eventually be “added” to the “work”. These folk met regularly to receive George’s instructions as to what should or should not be done, either directly at their annual meetings and his visits to assemblies, or via proxy, at local workers’ meetings. You served at the pleasure of George Geftakys and him only.
What was the responsibility of those who served under this man?
They ushered hundreds to hear him speak at several yearly seminars.
They presided over weekly taped messages where listeners were inculcated with George’s doctrine and teaching.
They collected and remitted  to George or Betty personally, gifts from local assembly attendees.
They distributed George’s writings.
They administered discipline to those George deemed it warranted, including excommunication from the local fellowship of believers. We have at least one documented instance in which a father serving as an elder participated in such disciplinary action against his own son.
It is nothing short of remarkable, in view of what we know, that this BB was allowed to become thoroughly polluted with the perverse ramblings of an ignoramus contending that  those in leadership bear no responsibility for the devastating results witnessed in the assembly, due to either ignorance or insulation. The ramblings of an ignoramus notwithstanding, what drove Brent Tr0ckman and me from this forum was the response from many who should have known better! Virtually everyone here knows the false statements often repeated were not a matter of honest discussion or disagreement about the debatable, but rather a calculated and deliberate attempt to foment strife and contention by a perversion of the truth. We therefore witnessed the spectacle of years of experience, proven courage, Godly reflection, repentance and sorrow as exhibited by practically every senior BB member being denigrated, impugned, crassly insulted and summarily dismissed by an individual who frankly raises questions, based upon what I have seen and heard, about whether he is now any more regenerate than he was the day he was born. How did we come to this point?
Bad doctrine leads to bad deportment. The two are inseparably linked. Are we to understand from some, that when the men in reponsibility under George Geftakys stand before the Lion of the tribe of Judah, He will smilingly say to them:
"You are excused..."....?
More to come...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 09:07:21 am by vernecarty » Logged
Matt

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 01:48:10 am »

Verne,
This is interesting. Sadly, you claim to know that the LB's served at the pleasure of GG only, and not the Lord. The LB's spread the Word of God, and prayed with many for their salvation. They served the Lord's people more personally than the vast majority of churches. They showed acts of mercy by helping out the disabled brothers and sisters. To say they were never pleased or honored the Lord is absolutely ridiculous. We've already discussed why the vast majority of LB's aren't responsible for any kind of financial exploitation. If there was any financial exploitation, the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of GG and those handful of LB's who were there to observe him on a weekly basis (maybe.) As much as you would like for the LB's to be omniscient, they aren't. That's why the vast majority are entirely blameless for what happened with Judy Geftakys and for not knowing about GG's iniquity.

"contending that  those in leadership bear no responsibility for the devastating results witnessed in the assembly" - Verne

Actually, I think the LB's handled everything well. If the LB's hadn't been as loving and caring as they were during their service over the years, the damage would have been much worse. To be honest, the vast majority of LB's were Godlier than GG.

In any case, it's unscriptural to publically accuse them here outside of the church. 1 Corinthians 6.

Now, back to you Verne, do you think the Lord will say "well done thou Good and Faithful servant" when he sees the abusive example you set for the younger brethren? You publically apologized to luke, paul, daniel, mark, and myself - really you apologized for some of the same things that LB's have been accused of. Let's not see any hypocrisy, Verne. Start honoring Christ.

- Matt
Arthur
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 02:22:53 am »

Yes, Joe, but there were far more assemblies than just San Luis Obispo, Fullerton and San Fernando Valley. We can't judge other assemblies by what happened at a few, and we can't say the LB's of other assemblies are responsible for not knowing what happened at these 3 assemblies.

Verne,
This is interesting. Sadly, you claim to know that the LB's served at the pleasure of GG only, and not the Lord. The LB's spread the Word of God, and prayed with many for their salvation. They served the Lord's people more personally than the vast majority of churches. They showed acts of mercy by helping out the disabled brothers and sisters. To say they were never pleased or honored the Lord is absolutely ridiculous. We've already discussed why the vast majority of LB's aren't responsible for any kind of financial exploitation.
Actually, I think the LB's handled everything well. If the LB's hadn't been as loving and caring as they were during their service over the years, the damage would have been much worse. To be honest, the vast majority of LB's were Godlier than GG.

- Matt

Matt, at first you say, "We can't judge other assemblies by what happened at a few, and we can't say the LB's of other assemblies are responsible for not knowing what happened at these 3 assemblies."  

Then you say, "The LB's spread the Word of God, and prayed with many for their salvation...We've already discussed why the vast majority of LB's aren't responsible for any kind of financial exploitation."

How is it that you know that we cannot pass certain judgement upon all of the leading brothers because of limited experience, yet by that same limited experience you know that the "vast majority" of leading brothers "aren't responsible for any kind of financial exploitation."

That is a contradiction.

I have decided to post the evidence for you.  Go to:

http://www.briantucker.net/bb/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=439
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 05:21:18 am by Arthur » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 03:00:27 am »

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Matthew 7:22-23

Part II
One  common misunderstanding of the doctrine of the grace of God is the notion  that some men go to hell because they were deprived the privilege of hearing and responding to the gospel message. Nothing could be farther from the truth. No one is entitled to hear the gospel. Every human being born into this life is born guilty, justly condemned by a Holy God for being a sinful creature. What is it about Romans One that we fail to grasp?

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse!
Romans 1:18-21

For there is no respect of persons with God.
For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Romans 2:11-12

So we see apart from any special revelation of God, all the world stands condemned before Him. What are we to make of individuals who, not only reject the testimony God’s eternal power and Godhead displayed in the physical creation, but also willfully and recklessly twist, distort and misrepresent the testimony of His written Word so as to try and render the claims of God on our lives of none effect? Jude speaks  to this type of individual:

But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.   These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jude: 10-12

We want to take this concept of the God who speaks a bit farther. Not only is He the God who has mightily spoken in His creation, and mightily spoken in His written Word, He is the God who speaks with unmistakable clarity into the hearts and minds of His true servants. It is an absolute sine qua non of the servant of Jesus Chirst, that he hears the voice of his Master speaking clearly through the medium of the indwelling Spirit. Who is prepared to argue that the Spirit of God kept silence over the horrors transpiring during George Geftakys’ reign of terror. I would urge all to tread very lightly here.
It is clear that some heard the Master’s voice and responded accordingly. To be sure, they paid dearly for their obedience. Among them – Tom Maddux, Mark Campbell, Paul Hohulin to name but a few of many over the years.
Here is the critical question – were the ones who abandoned the corrupt ministry of George Geftakys the only ones the Spirit of God warned about what was taking place?  We must conclude that God spoke to only a chosen few in leadership and the others were left in utter darkness and deception, or that God did indeed speak to all, and that some were disobedient!

Final thoughts to come...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 01:58:50 am by vernecarty » Logged
Matt

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 04:55:19 am »

Yes, Joe, but there were far more assemblies than just San Luis Obispo, Fullerton and San Fernando Valley. We can't judge other assemblies by what happened at a few, and we can't say the LB's of other assemblies are responsible for not knowing what happened at these 3 assemblies.

Verne,
This is interesting. Sadly, you claim to know that the LB's served at the pleasure of GG only, and not the Lord. The LB's spread the Word of God, and prayed with many for their salvation. They served the Lord's people more personally than the vast majority of churches. They showed acts of mercy by helping out the disabled brothers and sisters. To say they were never pleased or honored the Lord is absolutely ridiculous. We've already discussed why the vast majority of LB's aren't responsible for any kind of financial exploitation.

- Matt

Matt, at first you say, "We can't judge other assemblies by what happened at a few, and we can't say the LB's of other assemblies are responsible for not knowing what happened at these 3 assemblies."  

Then you say, "The LB's spread the Word of God, and prayed with many for their salvation...We've already discussed why the vast majority of LB's aren't responsible for any kind of financial exploitation."

How is it that you know that we cannot pass certain judgement upon all of the leading brothers because of limited experience, yet by that same limited experience you know that the "vast majority" or leading brothers "aren't responsible for any kind of financial exploitation."

That is a contradiction.

I have decided to post the evidence for you.  Go to:

http://www.briantucker.net/bb/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=439

You didn't post any evidence about the vast majority of Lb's financially exploiting or in any other way exploiting the saints - and to answer your contradiction - I believe in innocent until proven guilty - believe the best.
vernecarty
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 08:40:35 am »

Conclusion
Part III
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savour.  But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;  Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.  Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.  For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:  (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.  And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Ephesians 5:1-11

A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
Titus 3: 10-11

How is the Christian to respond to conduct he believes to be heretical? For the sake of clarity and simplicity, we shall adopt the following definition of heresy:

Heresy is a deliberate denial of revealed truth coupled with the acceptance of error.

What is the discerning Christian to conclude about the young man Matthew Peeling? There are some who will assert confidently that what we are dealing with is a confused young man who is greatly in need of  our kindness, patience, and indulgence. Is he?

I can well imagine the stalwart saint who early noticed errant behavior on the part of men like David Geftakys and were sanctimoniously admonished:
“He has diabetes you know. We must be patient”

What do we know about the conduct of Matthew Peeling? Let us review the record.
In the approximately six months that I have participated on this BB, there is only one poster whom I have read, that descended to the level of actually employing obscene language in their posts when referring to other posters, and that very shortly after they arrived on the scene.

In the six months that I have been reading posts on the BB,  he has actually physically threatened at least one of his fellow posters.

In the six months that I have been on the BB, Matt has been constantly at odds with many individuals posting here and who are generally considered to be demonstrably reliable, informed, and  lovers of Christ.

How strange it is then that this person is constantly accusing others of verbal abuse, and frequently comparing those who oppose him to a man like George Geftakys, equating their opposition to this man’s terrible sins. This is beyond hypocrisy and penetrates the realm of out and out spiritual perversion. For anyone to come to a BB like this and accuse the people here of being like George Geftakys after what they have suffered at his hands is demonic. I know some will add hastily:
“But he has not done some of these more vulgar things in some time.”
Perhaps. Which is the real Matthew Peeling? Does anyone know?
His tactics may have changed, but his objective is clearly the same. Read his posts.
The encounter we have had here is very much reminiscent of what ailed the assemblies- inability to spot a fraud under our very noses! This individual now considers himself
the self-appointed conscience of the BB, and has made it his life work to defend men who will forever be remembered only for their spiritual cowardice!
What is the Biblical instruction as regards heretical conduct?
Are we supposed to be patient with it, excuse it, or reason with it? This argument may be applied for no more than two admonitions. How many times has Matt been entreated? Those of you attributing his conduct to confusion should read more carefully. There is a very clear method to his madness I assure you. In my view, the grave damage that was visited upon the BB community and resulted in the departure of so many was a direct result of our failure to heed the Biblical admonition:

A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject!
Titus 3:10

I now take my leave of you all. To the posters remaining. Quit ye like men!(sisters too)
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
In Christ,
Verne

« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 04:53:17 am by vernecarty » Logged
Matt

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 01:39:28 pm »

Righty Tighty,

Verne,

Is this necessary?  At least you should have been accurate in the obvious.  I know, some will say that I am taking sides and so be it, but I detest a double standard.

The Obvious:

Matt Peeling NOT Matt Peel

Hi MGov,
He knows how to spell my name. He's received many emails from me with my full name on it, and he has seen me use my last name on the bb. I believe the best about him, and so I hope he gets his glasses renewed.

You are right though, double standards are sickening. Verne has mentioned that the Lord reserves His harshest critiscism for hypocrisy - so Verne won't be able to say he didn't know!

Anyway, there's more than just hypocrisy going on here:

What is the discerning Christian to conclude about the young man Matthew Peel? There are some who will assert confidently that what we are dealing with is a confused young man who is greatly in need of  our kindness, patience, and indulgence. Is he?

I can well imagine the stalwart saint who early noticed errant behavior on the part of men like David Geftakys were admonished:
“He has diabetes you know. We must be patient”

hmm...compared to a wife beater. Really, Verne, if it's a comfort to you, I have never beaten anybody up, and I condemn DG's actions. But I admit that I'm a sinner like DG. Maybe you will admit it, too?

What do we know about the conduct of Matthew Peel? Let us review the record.
In the approximately six months that I have participated on this BB, there is only one poster who descended to the level of actually employing obscene language in their posts,  and that very shortly after they arrived on the scene.

You are being a hypocrite here:

"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
Bye again...!

I believe the only obscene language I have ever used was when I called you a jackass and when I said that I would open up a can of whoop ass if you said these things to my face. And, oh, what a surprise, you used the same word (minus the jack)! I think we both know that Richard Nixon isn't using the word to mean the animal...but if you truly believe that, then I was using the word to mean the animal too. How funny that you accuse me of being the only one to use obscene language on this bb, when you're the only other one I can think of on the bb who has also employed obscene language hmmm....

In the six months that I have been reading posts on the BB, there is only one poster who has actually physically threatened any of his fellow posters.

According to the dictionary:

An expression of an intention to inflict pain, injury, evil, or punishment.
An indication of impending danger or harm.

Since the situation was actually talking about a hypothetical situation (I said if you had said these things to my face - eg. unreal situation) we both know that there was no real intention to inflict anything on you, nor was there any indication of impending danger or harm. I have also repented for saying these things to you, I also publicly apologized more than once.

In the six months that I have been on the BB, there is only one poster who has been constantly at odds with every individual posting here and considered generally to be demonstrably reliable, informed, and a lover of Christ.

This is a false accusation and you are bearing false witness against me. I have only been at odds with a handful of the posters on this bb, and being at odds with them is not prohibited on the bb. I have actually never been at odds with affirming, Teaters, Luke R, Paul R, Peaceful G, well...I can list the other 280 people on the bb that I've never been at odds with, but the names that I did mention are indeed "lovers of Christ" and they are reliable and informed individuals. To say that I have been at odds with every lover of Christ on this bb is bearing false witness (as when you said I was the only one to use obscene language, etc.) I have some handy verses for you to peruse:

Proverbs:
6:16
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him...
6:19
A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

21:28
A false witness shall perish: but the man that heareth speaketh constantly.
19:5
A false witness shall not be unpunished, F90 and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.

How strange it is then that this person is the only poster constantly accusing others of verbal abuse, and frequently comparing those who oppose him to a man like George Geftakys, equating their opposition to this man’s terrible sins. This is beyond hypocrisy and penetrates the realm of out and out spiritual perversion. For anyone to come to a BB like this and accuse the people here of being like George Geftakys after what they have suffered at his hands is demonic.

Actually, there is a lot of similarities on this bb to some of the things that people complained about in the assembly. Indeed, you have been very verbally abusive on the bb. You were even rebuked for it by an older brother - I even forgave you for it. You also committed backbiting when you said that Paul R and Luke R were "raving lunatics" long after they had deleted their accounts. (I believe you called me "mad" later on in this post - I guess if someone disagrees with you, they must be "raving lunatics" - the arrogance, Verne, the arrogance:

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate)

Aren't these the very things that the ex-assemblyites complain about in the old assembly system? The verbal abuse? The backbiting? The arrogance? Also, after being told that I should "get lost" for not agreeing with the posters who hate the LB's and the assembly system - well, I guess to avoid hypocrisy, they shouldn't complain about the assembly being exclusive. Oh, yeah, I also remember the time I was threatened by Arthur to remove a post to you in which I commended Al for rebuking you OR he would gather up all the bad things I've said and post them. Ironic that these very people think the assembly worked on intimidation! So, Verne, you say it's demonic for me to point this out. Well, that must mean that it's ok for people to treat others the same way they were treated in the assembly. Interesting perspective...

The encounter we have had here is very much reminiscent of what ailed the assemblies- inability to spot a fraud under our very noses. This individual now considers himself
the self-appointed conscience of the BB, and has made it his life work to defend men who will forever be remembered only for their spiritual cowardice!
oh...2 more falsehoods. I don't consider myself the self-appointed conscience of the bb, although it would be nice to start seeing it be Christ-honoring. Also, at 21, I've hardly made it my life work to defend the LB's. Right now, I'm thinking about being a writer someday. I am an English major....

A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject!
Titus 3:10
I now take my leave of you all. To the posters remaining. Quit ye like men!(sisters too)
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
In Christ,
Verne

Galileo was accused of being a heretic when he claimed that the Earth moves around the sun. Paul was accused of heresy when he preached to the Gentiles.

"But this I (Paul) confess unto thee, that after the way which they call Heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets" Acts 24:14

I'm not placing myself in the same league as Galileo or Paul. I'm saying that it doesn't phase me if Verne Carty says I'm a heretic. I know that I don't embrace willingly any false teachings and I have never done so on the bb. Defending the LB's from false accusations isn't grounds for being heretical either - So I reject this claim.

Now, for you to bring up my past transgressions and claim that it is impossible for me to change since then...for you to throw things in my face that I have publicly apologized for and privately to you through emails which you have never answered - this leads me to believe that you are sinning in terms of unforgiveness:

Mark
11:25
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
11:26
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

and

Ephesians
4:26
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
4:27
Neither give place to the devil.

See vs. 27? When you are unforgiving, you give Satan a foothold to work through you, Verne. If you forgive me, then I think you will find yourself at more peace. I've already forgiven you for the false witness you bore concerning me on your post, and for the verbal degradation, and any hypocrisy. I wish you could do the same, sir. Lord bless.

- Matt

« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 03:36:02 pm by Matt » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2003, 05:58:08 pm »

THE UNCRITICAL TEMPER

"Judge not, that ye be not judged."
MATTHEW 7:1

Jesus says regarding judging--Don't.  The average Christian is the most penetratingly critical individual.  Criticism is a part of the ordinary faculty of man;  but in the spiritual domain nothing is accomplished by criticism.  The effect of criticism is a dividing up of the powers of the one criticized;  the Holy Ghost is the only One in the true position to criticize, He alone is able to show what is wrong without hurting and wounding.  It is impossible to enter into communion with God when you are in a critical temper;  it makes you hard and vindictive and cruel, and leaves you with the flattering unction that you are a superior person.  Jesus says, as a disciple cultivate the uncritical temper.  It is not done once and for all.  Beware of anything that puts you in the superior person's place.
     There is no getting away from the penetration of Jesus.  If I see the mote in your eye, it means I have a beam in my own.  Every wrong thing that I see in you, God locates in me.  Every time I judge, I condemn myself (see Romans 2:17-20).  Stop having a measuring rod for other people.  There is always one fact more in every man's case about which we know nothing.  The first thing God does is to give us a spiritual spring-cleaning;  there is no possibility of pride left in a man after that.  I have never met the man I could despair of after discerning what lies in me apart from the grace of God.

Oswald Chambers
My Utmost for His Highest
June 17

vernecarty
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2003, 07:49:07 pm »

Matt I apologise for mis-spelling your name-an honest mistake. I have also made corrections in the inaccuracies pointed out by you and MGov.
Verne
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 07:59:32 pm by vernecarty » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2003, 01:08:39 am »

Speaking of jackasses, I once had a pet jackass named
Galileo, which is an amazing coincidence considering the post below. He was a very stubborn animal, but he sure knew how to cook jumbalai. You see he was originally from New Orleans, and his master taught the dang thing how to cook. I didn't believe it at first when the guy sold him to me.

He had said "You may not want to keep him in the barn though---keep him in the kitchen instead". I didn't know what he meant until I left for work one day and came home to a full table filled with all of the best southern dishes you could imagine, and Galileo standing there with an apron on.

He actually learned to cook Chinese food though he had a hard time using chopsticks. He eventually died after a hearty life, but I'll always remember his Kung Pao chicken.

I had to get a roller skating canary to get my mind off of that wonderful animal. Thanks for bringing back that memory.

--Joe
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2003, 12:37:16 am »

I received an E-mail regarding my post below about
Galileo the cooking jackass. It questioned the veracity
of my post. I must admit that the part about buying the roller skating canary to get my mind off of Galileo was completely fabricated and misleading. For this I apologize.

---Joe
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 12:38:10 am by Joe Sperling » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: