AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 01:18:59 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: What about Free Will?...Grace?  (Read 22161 times)
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2003, 02:12:23 am »

Does anyone know of any Bible conferences/retreats happening in the East?
H

Email
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2003, 05:59:42 am »

Regarding the question of "free will", the Lord Jesus Christ clearly taught that sinful man is not free:

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: [but] the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."
(John 8:31-36)

He also clearly taught that no man can come to Him unless the Father draws them:

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:44)
"And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father." (John 6:65)

That sure doesn't sound like "free will" to me!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: