AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 11:09:15 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "How did your church start?"  (Read 4185 times)
jackhutchinson

Email
« on: April 14, 2003, 11:37:25 am »

This thread is for those who are in assemblies that are still meeting.  I look forward to reading the responses, but this is mainly intended to get you to think.

Suppose a new visitor asks the question, "So how did this church start?"  What would you tell them?

Jack
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 10:32:43 pm »

This thread is for those who are in assemblies that are still meeting.  I look forward to reading the responses, but this is mainly intended to get you to think.

Suppose a new visitor asks the question, "So how did this church start?"  What would you tell them?

Jack

I am not in the assemblies but thought I should put my two cents worth in...

Assembly members should probably answer like this...

"Well, originally, this adulterer and thief from California named  who stole all of the money out of the Lords treasury named George Geftakys was our point person.  He was in charge of training and instructing all of the assembly workers.  This George Geftakys also really had a model family...His one son, an assembly leader, is a wife beater, which everyone including George knew about for a long time but never did anything about until he absolutley had to, and his other son Tim, shockingly also an assembly leader, is a real arrogant worthless human being who couldn't lead a sheep to pasture much less a group of people....Well anyway, all of their illegal activity got exposed, and they got excommunicated, but some of the leadership really thought that this should be the place we continue to meet...We've just kind of chosen to ignore the fact that the leadership was hand picked and trained by George Geftakys and his sons."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2003, 01:16:03 am by Bluejay » Logged
Heide

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 08:02:34 pm »

First of all, any shepherd will tell you that you don't lead sheep. Sheep are stupid. Sheep are driven. Don't think that you are going to walk down a really nice path with cool lush grass and the sheep will follow you.... Most sheep are driven with dogs. The other thing that could be said is the assembly used wolves to drive the sheep. They had very sharp teeth and were used to biting the sheep and putting them in their places. Even to the point of driving sheep out of the flock. The main shepherd didn't care as long as most of the sheep make it to the next pasture which was new and no one had ever heard of his sheep driving tactics.

Sorry Jack, know this isn't really how did your church start but it is interesting history.....

Heide
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: