AssemblyBoard
April 27, 2024, 05:58:00 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mass Media... Do you think TVs are OK?  (Read 36595 times)
M2
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2005, 08:53:33 am »

"The Incredibles" was fun.

Watched "Hotel Rwanda" today.  It is excellent.

Marcia
summer007

Email
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2005, 03:30:58 am »

Marcia, I really wanted to see "Hotel Rwanda" when it was here in theater's. I think because it's about genecide, it's like the Tolerance Museam I haven't visited, I would drive past it when I worked in BH always saying I wanted to go, but since the subject matter is depressing, no-one wanted to go. I do plan on renting HR soon Don Cheadle's performance is supposed to  be Incredible, speaking of which my son went to see several times.  Summer.
Mark Kisla
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2005, 04:06:25 am »

"The Incredibles" was fun.

Watched "Hotel Rwanda" today.  It is excellent.

Marcia
Hi Marcia,
Rented" Hotel Rwanda".....It was excellent.
Mark Kisla
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2005, 04:10:49 am »

Looking forward to seeing  A&Es "Faith of my Father" on Monday pm.
It's about Sen. John McCain prisoner of war experience during the Viet Nam war.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2005, 10:00:17 am »

Marcia---May the force be with you! Wink Wink

I saw it with my 82 year old mother (a big Star Wars fan), but Sindy hates it and would not come Sad.

It was Great!!!!!, despite all of George Lucas's attempts to make George Bush the evil Dark Emperor!

Action, action, action all the way through--- and very powerful drama too.  Well acted and good dialogue, very big inprovement from the last two episodes.

Don't take little kiddies to see it though, as I think it would scare them to death.

May God's blessings be with you,  Mark C.
summer007

Email
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2005, 11:45:42 pm »

Marcia, I saw "Hotel Rwanda" last night Great Movie. What struck me was when Paul see's the Press' footage and says to Joaquine Phonix I'm glad this is getting out when the world see's this they'll come to help then Joauquine says look when most Americans see this on the news they'll just say Oh, look at that and go on eating their dinner. How true. I remember praying for this missionary David to get out it was about that time '94 during the genecide, never found out if he made it or not. Also I wondered if the Tutsi were part of the Watusi the famous dancers that were  from the giants the tall trees they kept referring to cutt down. Interesting place. Also interesting to see betrayal and heroics at work.  Summer p.s. This thread 'Are t.v. ok?" is really telling re: How far gone some were in their judement. Its sad and kind of funny at the same time. p.s.s. I won't be seeing Star Wars any time soon, but my son went to the Mid-night opening!
M2
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2005, 01:54:18 am »

Hmmm.....I hadn't realized......

Think it will take me as long as it took Lucci?  Grin

Speaking of opera, we just watched Phantom of the Opera.  It is such an excellent production and the music is lovely.  If you don't have a surround sound setup watch it at the theatre.  I don't get off on opera, but I enjoyed this one.
MarkC have you seen the movie?  I have not seen StarWars III yet.  That is one I want to see at the theatre.

Moonie, careful who you take your singing lessons from.  Wink

Marcia
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2005, 06:52:45 am »

Speaking of opera, we just watched Phantom of the Opera.  It is such an excellent production and the music is lovely.  If you don't have a surround sound setup watch it at the theatre.  I don't get off on opera, but I enjoyed this one.
MarkC have you seen the movie?  I have not seen StarWars III yet.  That is one I want to see at the theatre.

Moonie, careful who you take your singing lessons from.  Wink

Marcia

I enjoyed Phantom, too. Saw it in the theatre.

outdeep

Email
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2005, 06:00:13 pm »

I enjoyed Phantom, too. Saw it in the theatre.
I was impressed with the cinematography - the moving back and forth between black/white and color.  However, I found myself looking at my watch during the show wanting them to "get on with it" and I found it difficult to follow the words of their song.

I prefer Evita as an Andrew Lloyd Weber favorite.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: