AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 11:51:46 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Seen Tim Gefneverpaidanytaxes???  (Read 58745 times)
vernecarty
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2005, 01:53:13 am »

Here's what I want to contribute to the fight against that sort of thing:

1.)Define the false teaching and abuse that goes on, and the sick dynamics that enable a person like George.
2.)Get people to face facts, and take action
3.)Expose and defeat the leaders who are doing this
4.)See people recover and heal
5.)Do what I can to see that it doesn't happen again within my sphere of influence.

More Beatles and politics, less George and Betty.

Sounds good to  me. Apparently there was some awful things going on in Champaingn that I did not even know about and which involved people that I knew. I don't need to share any details, and I agree with Brent's agenda above; we all want to look to the future, but do pardon me while I express my outrage and disgust for dogs that allow criminals to prey on children...you don't know the half of it folks... Cry
Verne
editor
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2005, 01:58:41 am »

Sondra,

I think most agree that the Jewish Holocaust as an analogy can only be taken so far; that is the nature of analogies.

While Verne's comments about leaders do sound like a broken record, they are valid IMO.

You said, "...I don't think people will heal who post here."
I disagree!!

You also said, "I am barely tolerated on this board because I represent change.  I share real, spiritual solutions and it is as if I hadn't said a word."
I am not sure all that you meant with that comment.  If you are referring to the lack of participation on topics you are discussing, then it is only because you prefer to have a focussed discussion.  As far as the discussion itself, it was repeated stated that we were enjoying the discussion.

Got to go.
Marcia

I was enjoying the discussion, and I was quite happy about how it was conducted.  I am quite surprised by your abrupt exit, Sondra. 

As for Verne's comments, we are use to them.   Marcia said it well.

You made some pretty strong appeals to have little or no outside participation in the thread you were on with Verne, and we all respected that.  You had wide readership and interest, so I don't agree with the statement that you are barely tolerated.  To the contrary, you were right in the thick of things for the last week or two.

I will miss you.

Brent
CAGirl

Email
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2005, 02:15:23 am »

Brent asked what the poison I saw here was so here it is.
   Summer was right and I was hurt and angry when I last posted. I do intend to stop participating on this BB. Summer was also right when she said I should have known this wasn’t a Geftakys fan club when I signed on. And I did know that. As a matter of fact the first post I read was Some News About David Geftakys where I read about my dad being put threw the sarcastic ringer for his feeble attempt to finally become an independent adult. If anyone here has a dad they are not to proud of you know that hearing him mocked when you finally thought you could be just a little proud of him can break your heart all over again. The words written in that post were poison to me because they took that little sprout of hope and stepped on it.
   But lets move on. Poison on this BB is in the continued pitty party of victims  that surface from time to time. These threads don’t help anyone feel better. They validate ones feelings of sorrow over their mistakes and lost years and remind one that they have something to feel sorry for themselves over. But on 2 more personal levels for me. I am a Geftakys. My brother is a Geftakys. The three Geftakys men that coned and deceived so many put a mark on my family name. But what hurts is the reference to “the Geftakys’”. We are not all bad. Most of us are good people. As a child my life was picked apart, always under the microscope. A lot of you were the ones looking threw that microscope. So it pisses me off to still see the microscope on us in a way. Generalization of the Geftakys’ HURTS! Like Bluejay said
“Title: Attributes of a Male Geftakys

1. Living a Lie and Mooching Off Others

2. How to Treat Women Like Second Class Citizens

3. Why a Geftakys Looks Good In an Orange Prison Jumpsuit”
A blanket remark that includes my brother. Well think about what your saying. I don’t care how long ago it was written. It was put out there and I read it 2 years later and it still HURT. For me, when I read the bashing it is poison because it opens the wound of a broken family which I have managed to numb. It makes me angry and I don’t like to be angry. The anger at the person who wrote the comint that hurt me then reminds me of the bottomless rage I feel toward my dad and grandpa. I call it poison because the anger spreads and starts to pull me back to the angry victim I used to be.
   The second poison I see here is also personal. Threw  this BB my sister met a man and eventually cut ties to her family abruptly and moved to Florida to be with him. She received encouragement from people she met or reconnected with here. I came here to see what clues I could find to why Rachel did what she did because I couldn’t get the straight story from her. I didn’t find the answers here. I don’t say that this BB was to blame for Rachel’s choices but I know that she is not well and that she met and was influenced by others that were not well. One who was poisoned can not give good counsel to another who is poisoned. The trouble is that they are more likely to seek counsel from each other.
   I am no longer a part of the Assembly. I no longer speak to my uncial, grandfather or dad. I will never again welcome communication with the leaders of that group. The Assembly and everything that came with it was poison and the only way to heal is to cut the poison out. Rachel didn’t and it consumed her. I will not have that happen to me. Because of that I have found that I need to no longer participate in this BB which caries with it lingering bites of that poison that I am not strong enough to withstand. This may not be so for others but it is for me. Just as I will not sit in groups to talk about my mental illness, I will not keep reopening the wounds of my childhood here. So When I say “get over it” I mean move on. Let the past be the past. At least for me I find it best to turn from grudges, be they legitimate or not, start walking away and not look back. And as I said before, I do wish you all the best in your healing. That’s it for me. Please consider letting my family rest. Don’t forgive George or David or Tim if you don’t want to. I haven’t. But before you lay to much out there to be read remember who is watching and whose heart it may touch.  I hope my mom and brother never have to read most of what I have found here.  Good bye.
Rebecca
summer007

Email
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2005, 03:08:33 am »

Wow CAGirl I do empathize with you. Please forgive me if I hurt you in any of my posts. We do get a little carried away with the dynamics of the board and may be insensitive at times. I'm sorry to hear about your sister and hope you reconcile with her A.S.A.P. she will be in my prayers along with you and your brother. Maybe somewhere down the road you can release/forgive your Dad, Uncle, and Grandfather and a huge weight will be lifted off of you, no-one is worth the burden. Yes the assm was a large fish-bowl, so your privacy has definitly been invaded over and over agian. When I was in the assm people practically worshipped the ground your family walked on. But you seem to be a real spit-fire (I mean that as a compliment to your strengh), and I hope God Blesses and Heals You!    Summer.
vernecarty
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2005, 03:32:24 am »

The second poison I see here is also personal. Threw  this BB my sister met a man and eventually cut ties to her family abruptly and moved to Florida to be with him. She received encouragement from people she met or reconnected with here. I came here to see what clues I could find to why Rachel did what she did because I couldn’t get the straight story from her. I didn’t find the answers here. I don’t say that this BB was to blame for Rachel’s choices but I know that she is not well and that she met and was influenced by others that were not well. One who was poisoned can not give good counsel to another who is poisoned. The trouble is that they are more likely to seek counsel from each other

I am so deeply sorry about this Rebecca. I did not know that his  had happened.

I am no longer a part of the Assembly. I no longer speak to my uncial, grandfather or dad. I will never again welcome communication with the leaders of that group. The Assembly and everything that came with it was poison and the only way to heal is to cut the poison out. Rachel didn’t and it consumed her. I will not have that happen to me. Because of that I have found that I need to no longer participate in this BB which caries with it lingering bites of that poison that I am not strong enough to withstand. This may not be so for others but it is for me. Just as I will not sit in groups to talk about my mental illness, I will not keep reopening the wounds of my childhood here. So When I say “get over it” I mean move on. Let the past be the past. At least for me I find it best to turn from grudges, be they legitimate or not, start walking away and not look back. And as I said before, I do wish you all the best in your healing. That’s it for me. Please consider letting my family rest. Don’t forgive George or David or Tim if you don’t want to. I haven’t. But before you lay to much out there to be read remember who is watching and whose heart it may touch.  I hope my mom and brother never have to read most of what I have found here.  Good bye.
Rebecca

I know I have been pretty hard on your grandpa as well as your Dad and to a lesser extent your uncle. I understand how the familial relationship makes you particularly sensitive to such criticism and I do sincerely apologise if anything I said has hurt you personally. That is not my intention and I regret it if that did happen. I know in some sense I sometimes over-react because I cannot comprehend the incredible SILENCE that obtained while these horrific things were going on.
There has to be balance.
Your grandfather was able to do what he did because people stopped talking about his prior failures and indiscretions.
This permitted him to again prey on countless others who were unaware of his history.
Perhaps you are right that a BB like this in no place for one so closely affected.
I do not know if a time will ever come when all that happened in the assemblies will be entirely forgotten.
I am not sure that it should. God bless you, my friend.  I can tell you that He is faithful.
Verne
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 04:35:47 am by VerneCarty » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2005, 04:05:06 am »

Verne, You've again hit the nail on the head with the Incredible SILENCE ! Because anyone who spoke up better of had their bags packed with one foot out the door, many knew this, and knew to question meant being quickly de-moted. You'd certainly be raising the roof! So most quietly left and things went on.....Summer.
vernecarty
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2005, 04:23:26 am »

Verne, You've again hit the nail on the head with the Incredible SILENCE ! Because anyone who spoke up better of had their bags packed with one foot out the door, many knew this, and knew to question meant being quickly de-moted. You'd certainly be raising the roof! So most quietly left and things went on.....Summer.

Oh yes! Muzzles were part and parcel of the accoutrements of some assembly leaders.
I am always a bit surprised that despite the fact that we have left that era behind, there are still some folk with the mistaken notion that they have a right to tell others not only what to say, but also how and when to say it. I guess that is the natural consequence of seeing everyone around you as an infant. Remember how assembly mothers were taught to silence their children by near suffocation?
Verne
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 04:25:30 am by VerneCarty » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2005, 05:24:54 am »

That was for the coming persecution Verne...what hog-wash!
M2
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2005, 08:23:21 am »

Dear CAGirl,

I am truly sorry for all the hurt you have suffered. Cry

This thread was inactive for over a year, and at the time we were all clear that the comments were specifically directed to the 3 Geftakys adult male leaders.

I am also sorry to hear of your sister's choice to connect with someone from this BB.  Possibly it may have happened through some other means, but unfortunately it came via this BB. Sad

Thank you for your openness and for sharing your concerns with us.
God bless you for your choice to not allow your past enslave you.  I have been attending a women's Bible Study by Beth Moore Breaking Free and find it relevant to what I experienced as an assembly member.  I recommend the series to all former assembly folk.

God bless,
Marcia
vernecarty
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2005, 09:09:29 am »

I probably ought not to be overly concerned about this, but I would like to express my own regret over the term recently used about whom I can only assume are some female posters of the BB. To call someone a "groupie" is to conjure up images of that which is promiscuous and slatternly, a characterization certainly not befitting any of the sisters participating on the BB. It was unspeakably vulgar and crude and I want to aplogise to those of you who might have taken offense. I generally wait a bit longer to bring up something like this but decided not to wait.
Verne
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 02:56:32 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2005, 11:01:24 pm »

Verne, I see Chivalry is not dead!  Summer. p.s. did I miss anything good this week? Just kidding. I noticed your book, would like to comment on it when you come back from break have a good one! I do think Margaret was right with all the fighting it's difficult to carry on a conversation alot of junk to sift through, alot of verbal abuse that I'm sure many do not want to bring into their spirit. Peace! p.p.s. Your comment on the law of love being discusseed should be good "speaking the truth in Love" goes along way, and fulfills the royal command "love your neighbor as yourself" on this hang all the law and the prohets with the first loving God of course.
vernecarty
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2005, 01:48:52 pm »

Verne, I see Chivalry is not dead!  Summer.

Good to see you back Summer.
I was stunned that a comment like that could be made in polite Christian society.
I was even more surprised that everyone ignored it.

p.s. did I miss anything good this week? Just kidding. I noticed your book, would like to comment on it when you come back from break have a good one! I do think Margaret was right with all the fighting it's difficult to carry on a conversation alot of junk to sift through, alot of verbal abuse that I'm sure many do not want to bring into their spirit. Peace! p.p.s. Your comment on the law of love being discusseed should be good "speaking the truth in Love" goes along way, and fulfills the royal command "love your neighbor as yourself" on this hang all the law and the prohets with the first loving God of course.

You have said the most important thing to date about the subject. There is great beauty in simplicity.  Smiley
Verne

« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 02:01:55 pm by VerneCarty » Logged
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2005, 05:38:16 pm »

I probably ought not to be overly concerned about this, but I would like to express my own regret over the term recently used about whom I can only assume are some female posters of the BB. To call someone a "groupie" is to conjure up images of that which is promiscuous and slatternly, a characterization certainly not befitting any of the sisters participating on the BB. It was unspeakably vulgar and crude and I want to aplogise to those of you who might have taken offense. I generally wait a bit longer to bring up something like this but decided not to wait.
Verne

I, too, was impressed with this post.

Looks like I chose the right person to follow.
vernecarty
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2005, 02:14:01 am »

I, too, was impressed with this post.

Looks like I chose the right person to follow.

There are few things of greater beauty in God's creation than a Christian woman of dignity and grace.
Referring to a sisters in Christ as  "groupies", soley for the purpose of hurling an invective is not consistent with common decency, to say nothing of Christian character.
Based on his conduct, this is apparently exactly the way George Geftakys thought.
Verne
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 02:15:38 am by VerneCarty » Logged
summer007

Email
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2005, 09:07:55 am »

Polite Christian Society ? No, we have many of various faiths and some with no faith at all the Atheists, the Unitarians, I think even some Catholics, Reformers, etc. and other various strange lurkers some who are Legalists, and others who are very Liberal really runs the Religious gambit. That's why so few ever agree, but can get hilarious!  Summer.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: