AssemblyBoard
April 27, 2024, 05:50:22 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Now what to do?  (Read 16533 times)
affirming

Email
« on: February 23, 2003, 10:30:56 pm »

this is what assy folks are used to - doing.  there must be a huge void in the lives of many who have been taught "first things" for decades (in some cases). former leaders from the assy - i would suggest strongly that you should not do this... get envolved in a leadership capacity in a local church...give it some time.  this would be good counsel to all who might be tempted.  church leaders often spot those who know the scriptures and often don't realize how deep seeded the former assy folks are infected with a certain interpretation of the scriptures that seems on the surface edifying, encouraging, etc. but underneath is a spirit of superiority and natural knowledge.  this combination makes for a religious person that reasons his/her way into the presence of God. the only thing is when they get there they find instead of God on the throne, they see a reflection of themselves. "oh well, no matter, the people are liking it - perhaps God will show up eventually if i just keep going here".  

what to do?  i would encourage each brother who has been encouraged to give ministry (which is to encourage someone to be somebody) to learn how to be quiet in spirit and be taught by godly books such as soul and spirit by jesse penn lewis.  read books that will teach you about the inner life.......God will eventually manifest His work in you and for you.  a man will not need to call you forward - God will.

sisters, i would encourage you to get with godly women who haven't been in the assy or those who have worked throughr their former perspective of "submission" to our counterparts.  i hear the spirit of "greater worth" by some of the men posting and it gives me a pain.  it's so very unfortunate that men have been taught that women are somewhat worthless when it comes to deep spiritual understanding.  in the spiritual realm there is no gender.  we are either walking in the spirit or walking in the natural man....

and i would encourage sisters to read the same books as mentioned above and find out who you are in Christ.  don't take second seat to anyone...when God hasn't.  

sisters, learn a new meaning for obedience....obedience to God by hearing His voice in your inner man of the heart...He wants to lead you directly, not through somebody else, regardless of gender.  if you are a relatively new beleiver, you will necessarily need to be open to older, more experienced spiritual leaders....but be sure they are truly spiritual.  one earmark is that they will not be bossy or authoritative.  
sisters who have walked with the Lord for some time - be courageous and stand on your own two feet and let God lead you even when men disagree.  

this is not a call to rebellion and/or rudeness.  this is a call to take control of your life and confer with God on things.  men don't have an exclusive on hearing God.  men were not born to spiritual priviledge and women to submission to them.  women, as well as men were born to be a direct spiritual descendent to Christ  as He is formed in your spirit.  

to all i would encourage you to ask more questions on this bb instead of having so many answers.  many have held back from posting because of allot of postings that are argumentative and some downright silly.  some, although very insecure, spiritually speaking, feel secure apparently.  but those who are poor, and blind, and naked....come and buy gold. i'm not talking about groveling and sounding humble, i'm speaking of having a spirit of searching for the truth on issues.  get new meanings for old words falsly taught.

my concern is that in hearing many will not hear...but only what words have meant in the past by teachers who didn't have spiritual understanding.  why is it that the ones who recieve the word through the natural mind and reason are often the first to try to teach?  i'll answer my own question, it's because it is easy to teach if one doesn't see the value of waiting a period of time for the spiritual understanding to deepen.  it's on the surface and strong minds can grab it fast and it feels oh so good to be all "godly".  

come out from amoung them and be ye seperate saith the Lord and touch not the unclean thing.  this unclean thing is our natural self, self as the center.  this is where fear and many other enemies abide and plague us. God is calling us to leave all that dominates us that is of a natural origin and step over into our spirit man, that new man of the heart - where we can hear Him.  the natural man is carnal and cannot hear the Lord, but the spirit man can......and our spirit man will grow-----once we get out from under all of these other voices.  knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.  
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 04:12:26 am »

Dear Affirming:
  It sounded like you were responding to some questions on a thread, but I am unable to locate what you are responding to.  I say this because it made it difficult for me to understand what you were getting at.
   What you described as understanding the Bible is very similar to what the Assembly taught, or possibly a Local church (Witness Lee) type teaching of the spiritual life.  GG was very opposed to "natural study" of the Bible and believed in a mystic means he called "heart knowledge."  Witness Lee described a cognitive grasp of the Bible as "being in the mind", to which some responded that "he was out of his." Wink  
  We can easily grasp the wonderful simplicity that there is in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I certainly agree that before a former leader of the Assembly decides to teach and lead again they should first unlearn their past and start over again as a simple sheep and be taught what be the first principles of the Christian faith.
   We don't bypass the mind, but seek renewal of the mind, that we can see the truth of the Gospel of Grace.  In the Assembly we were bewitched to leave that simplicity and to head into the "depths" of "higher life" teaching.  
   The Gospel is simple, but because of our past it can be difficult to internalize, and for this reason there needs to be a process of renewal and restoration that will take years before we are able to "teach others also".
    I have been out for almost 12 years now and I'm suprised at how much of the old Assembly stuff is still hanging on in my soul.  It is a constant battle for me to avoid the old patterns of thought and feeling that arise in certain situations.  I believe God can turn our weakness into his strength, but again such preparation takes time.
    We have been wounded, and some more deeply than others, and because of that God can use the lessons we've learned in a special way to help those who have been similarly hurt.
    For those former Assem. leaders who are thinking of trying to lead a new reformation of the Assembly I urge you rather to choose the path of humilty.  You can never go wrong with being humble before God.  There is no rush with God for us to quickly get moving in "The Great Eternal Purpose" of the Church.  God took 40 years to prepare Moses, 14 years for Paul, etc.  Slow down!  Take Brent's challenge of six weeks off.  Think; be honest; let some of the events of the last month sink in.  You are no less a spiritual person for doing the above and have nothing to fear but the loss of a lot of negative baggage.
                                  God Bless,  Mark

affirming

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 06:06:14 am »

dear mark c, it's not until we get beyond the mind into the heart that a real communion and fellowship with the Lord can be developed.  natural reasoning is dangerous and many who have followed the natural interpretation of the scriptures have justified some crazy things.  God created us as spiritual beings and to live a Spirit dominated life.  God is Spirit and they who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.  it's not until one really starts to question himself and takes a stand against his natural man and it's mind that great spiritual growth can manifest through the Spirit of Christ.  

some of the mystics really saw through the legalism of religion...but there's a tendency toward living a converted life in the spirit without actually finding reconciliation of the life of the spirit and soul.  there must be a working out of the spirit life into the soul realm of our lives.  this harmony is the "lion laying down with the lamb."

manyt people don't realize that it is possible to truly understand the inner life dynamics and workings.  just because one doesn't at first understand the terms and the language doesn't mean it isn't based upon the truth of God.  spiritual discernment teaches spiritual things.  natural reasoning teaches things that have to do with morals, good works, etc.  the natural wars against the spiritual and the spiritual against the natural.  there is a natural interpretation and there is a spiritual interpretation.  the natural is about first principles and the spiritual is about "after all fails and there is a tremendous conversion that takes place in the life."  
i left the assy 17 years ago.  although spiritual understanding was taught in word - it was not in fact.  men and women were taught to do works and were encouraged to find their value in their availability, committment, etc. to the work of growing the assy.  scriptures were used to give a vision of the testimony, locally expressed and thereby were "roped in."  while in fellowship i began to learn out of my own need and innner misery that it was only through walking in the spirit that i could have fellowship with God who is Spirit.  then, of course, i realized i had someone to deal with and it wasn't george and betty - it was my SELF.  yes, some of these things were taught in the assy, but some of these things are true.  the problem is that these true teachings were accompanied by cruel taskmasters that negated the sweet truth.  but God is able to turn the bitter into sweet once we awaken and move over into the spirit life.     affirming
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 08:03:47 am »

You gotta admit, Brother Mark, she's been there.  Nobody would say those things unless they'd been through that wringer you and i know so well.

Sister, God bless you.  You've seen a lot.  And you seem to be learning to learn a lot.  (It's never about how much you already know, but always about what you're learning by hearing the Lord's voice NOW).

To me, the most convincing facet of your comments is that you don't seem to be seeking anything for yourself by posting on the BB.  Your plea to others is not about our recognizing how right you are, but seems to come from a genuine concern that we may be free from bondage and secure in our knowledge of the Lord.

i hope you feel welcome among us, and that we may expect to hear much more from you in the days ahead.

"Now what to do?"--  

(1.)  Pray, "Lord, what do you want me to do?"

(2.)  If you don't get a crystal clear answer,
             KEEP PRAYING!!!  (If you DO get an
             answer, still keep praying).

Sincerely,
brother al

Mark C.

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2003, 08:28:37 am »

Dear Affirming:
  Thank you so much for your response.  I will have to make this a quick response and will not be able to get back to the BB until next weekend (I'm usually gone during the week).
   I believe it is dangerous to teach that the mind must be passed over to reach the heart.  I was saved out of eastern mysticism and the belief that the mind blocks the spirit is exactly what they teach.  Such teaching opens one to false spiritual experiences and can lead to demonic oppression.  There is nothing unspiritual in the mind if it has been renewed by the Spirit of God.  The mind is the instrument of God wherby the words of God are understood.  It is that understanding that brings us conviction re. who God is and the nature of the Gospel.
   Having a lobotomy will not make a person more spiritual.  When we try to set aside thinking the only thing left is feeling, and consequently the ability for discernment is taken away.  We must base our Christian lives on faith, as the Bible teaches us.  Faith is a conviction re. what is true, regardless of how I'm feeling.  We don't deny our feelings, but we will be misguided if they direct our decisions as if they are God's direction for our lives.  Our feelings do tell us things and it is healthy to look at that, but what they tell us is usually more about the effects of our fallen nature.  We must be honest with our own inner life.  However, we must seek an objective understanding of the nature of God and His Gospel in dealing with our deepest parts.
   There are many different ways that we can get off on the track of assigning emotions as the promptings of the Spirit, but this will lead to enormous ups and downs and is not a healthy spiritual life.  I discussed some of this in the Wounded Pilgrims thread, but to my dismay it has been deleted, and I will have to get back to you on my description of how the Assembly used this false mysticism to manipulate it's members.
                              God Bless,  Mark
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2003, 08:40:28 am »

Mark and Affirming,

"Wounded Pilgrims" has not been deleted from the BB.
Use the "Search" feature to locate it-- there are ten pages of posts.

al
Oscar

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2003, 08:47:36 am »

Hi there,

Affirming wrote,"
manyt people don't realize that it is possible to truly understand the inner life dynamics and workings.  just because one doesn't at first understand the terms and the language doesn't mean it isn't based upon the truth of God.  spiritual discernment teaches spiritual things.  natural reasoning teaches things that have to do with morals, good works, etc.  the natural wars against the spiritual and the spiritual against the natural.  there is a natural interpretation and there is a spiritual interpretation.  the natural is about first principles and the spiritual is about "after all fails and there is a tremendous conversion that takes place in the life."  

Your post has given me a flash of what some call "Deja Vu".

You see, I once spent an hour alone with George Geftakys during which he gave me a tutorial on how to understand the Bible.  I took careful notes and when I got home I wrote them up and put them into a notebook for future reference.  I found the notebook a couple of years ago when cleaning out my garage, but I didn't throw it away.
I happened on this paper a couple of weeks ago and re-read it.

Essentially, George believed, taught and practiced exactly what you have posted!

I have learned in my years since I left the assembly that GG taught essentially what was taught by the leaders of the Catechal School of Alexandria in the early centuries of Christianity.  The teachers of this school, men like Clement of Alexandria, Origen, and  Methodius.  The ideas taught in this school led to, and CONTINUE to lead to many problematic teachings and practices.

Many of the heresies condemned by councils in the early centuries of Christianity arose from men trained in this method.   George Geftakys, Witness Lee and many many others have justified their aberrant teachings by an appeal to "deeper understanding" or "greater light".   That is, the reason you don't agree with me,according to them, is that you have a merely natural understanding of the scriptures, but I have a deeper, revelatory, understanding recognized by truly spiritual individuals.

Although I was not there to hear him teach it, I have heard that GG began to teach that what the Bible REALLY teaches about the creation of man was that it took place on the seventh day.  When confronted about this, he said, "It's revelatory".    

Another point I'd like to make is that this method of Biblical interpretation is what was believed by the Gnostics, who were centered in Egypt during the early centuries.  They read their Bibles believing that their state of spiritual advancement gave them the ability to gain "deeper" insight and "higher" truth.  

According to my Bible, spiritual truth is communicated in words, (I Cor 2:13-14).  If one feels he/she has great insight, let him speak his understanding out into the world of human discourse in words, where others can understand and evaluate.  The "mystics" feel that they see as other men do not see.  The only way to find out if they really do is to state clearly what one sees, and then see if it holds up under examination.

By the way, here is a quote from Clement of Alexandria, "...the holy mysteries of the prophecies are veiled in parables-preserved for CHOSEN MEN, selected to knowledge in consequence of their faith; for the style of the Scriptures is parabolic."

George Geftakys believes he is one of those "chosen men".

I don't.

God bless,

Thomas Maddux
affirming

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2003, 09:28:41 am »

al thanks for your warm welcome.  mark i'm sorry for your past difficulty, but let's not throw out the baby with the dirty bath water.  it sounds like you've been envolved in at least a couple extreme religious movements.  and it sounds like you have concentrated on the mind's function in the workings of a "normal" christian life.  the mind is important as long as it's under the power of our human spirit.  it is in fact influenced by it, but it is a question of the will as to who will dominate.  yes the mind must be renewed, but it is only renewed by the choices of the will.  "i will to trust You" is a command to the mind from the will, influenced by love - love of God...because i love...i will...so then our mind can be controlled by our own will ...yielding to the Lord and His will.  excuse me for getting so technical...but truly we are spirit, soul, and body.  we have parts and they work well together if we know how to use them.  the perversion comes in when someone isn't clear as to who they love most and doesn't will a specific thing and doesn't let the mind know who choices are going to be in favor of.  emotions then are all over the board, thoughts are out of control, fear begins to find it's mouth and talks to us until we're just crazy...so control of the mind is important, but still this control must be based upon who i love most which is spiritual.  i call my natural man the fool in my house.  i don't let him just do what he wants.  it is important to be specific so that the people of God are given weapons to fight confusion.  there's no need to be without a defense when seducers are around.  feeling of fear and worthlessness will come in and apply escruciating pain if we are not clear on who we love.    affirming
affirming

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2003, 09:43:36 am »

tom, my post crossed yours...i think i did get specific.  the scriptures teach clearly the workings of the cross,  of reckoning faith, for example, and how we are delivered from the "old man" through reckoning faith.  there is no resurrection life without reckoning faith.  i think we can get too complicated and paranoid to the point that distrust will be taught.  if God's people can be helped to understand "what to do" perhaps they will get some releif from their pain and i am sure that some will be kept from going to the world.  you're getting too intellectual for me.  i am a simple christian that has been broken to smytherines.  it's through getting to the bottom that qualifies us to help others who are on the bottom.  i could describe the wallpaper.....on the bottom.  affirming
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2003, 04:14:11 pm »

Affirming,

How very fortunate you are:  the bottom where you were had wallpaper!!!    Mark, Tom and i have been where there weren't even walls...  just lots and lots of BOTTOM!!!
     No, Sister Dear, i am not making light of your experience.  i am just exercising my ability to be a smart aleck.  ;o)

Your remarks sound serious enough that i expect you'll be sticking around here for a while, so i'll tell you this:
     This bulletin board is an open forum.  You'll hear from all kinds of people here.  Some are wise; some aren't.  Likewise the qualities of knowledge, kindness, clarity, generosity, love:  some express these & some only think they do.  A few seem to be utterly clueless.  And i'm pretty sure that not a single one of us is smart enough to know the difference every time.
     The thing we all have in common is that Christ died for each of us.  We share a common need of his forgiveness, mercy, protection, guidance and wisdom.
     The three of us you've encountered here thus far are as different as three brothers can be.  But we share a mutual  respect enough to pay attention to each other's posts, and we doubt each other and ourselves enough to pray about everything we read here. (Tom, Mark: am i speaking out of turn?)  It is the course of action i recommend for everyone who attends these pages...

brother al

outdeep

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2003, 08:12:00 pm »

I would be interested in people's thoughts and comments on the idea of "reckoning faith":

When I read Romans 6, I always think of an analogy that I got, I believe, from John Stott in his book “Men Made New”.  

Twenty years ago, there would have been no problems with me dating any woman willing to go out with me (Assembly rules aside).  In fact, assuming that I was acting with respect (and was able to meet these women) I could have gone to dinner three different times in a week with three different women I was trying to get to know.

Today, if I were to date, it would be a major scandal.  Why?  Because I am married now!

I behaved in a certain way when I was single.  However, on my wedding day, I became something I never was before – a married man.  Because I am something different, it is only reasonable to believe that I would act according to what I am.  If, as a man married for 16 years, I told my wife not to wait up because I am taking this sweet young girl I met to the movies, the anger and outrage would be rightfully expressed to me in no uncertain terms.  

This is Paul’s essential argument in Romans 6.  When people were criticizing his gospel because they thought that “too much forgiveness and grace” would actually motivate Christians to sin.  Paul replies that they misunderstand the very nature of the gospel.  If Christ is our representative substitute on the cross, then we are associated with his death and resurrection.  Or, put another way, we became something that we no longer were before – a Christian justified and glorified in God’s eyes.  If I am such a being, it is as inconceivable for me to go out and “sin so I can get forgiven” as it is for me to start dating other women at this point in my marriage.  We don’t take these thoughts seriously because of what we have become.

Reckoning faith is not a special kind of faith, but simply walking with the perspective that the gospel truth is really true.  Here in the South, we would say, “Yup, I’m saved, I reckon.”   (Sorry, I had to throw that in).  In other parts of the country it may sound like the drug addict who said after he became a Christian, “Jesus don’t need no drugs,” as he threw them in the trash or the man who drives by the bar on the way home and says “what would I as a Christian do in there?”

Unfortunately, in the Assembly the idea of “reckoning faith” became something more than simply acknowledging the truth of the gospel.  

First it became a technique – almost a mantra from Harry Potter’s wand - to overcome besetting sins.  Unfortunately, this didn’t always seem to work.  How many times has someone said something to you that makes your blood boil?  Do we, in that moment, just say “I reckon this dead” and the anger goes away?  The only way I know how to deal with this is to go outside, take a thirty-minute walk until I begin to cool down and can look at the situation with a cooler head.

If you ever met a man trapped in sexual addition, you soon learn that you can’t simply say “what you are doing is sin” (he knows that) or “well, just reckon it dead” (he can’t that’s why he needs help).  I suppose you can blame him for not believing hard enough until he is filled with such despair that he leaves you alone.  Or you can surround him with “accountability partners” 24/7 to keep him from acting out on his compulsive thoughts.  Or you can try and cast out his demons.  Or you can get someone trained to help him discover why he is angry or feels afraid or feels inadequate so he can begin to understand why he has such a hard time embracing the gospel emotionally.  I think this man’s sins can be overcome, but it is not a single sentence solution.

Second, there seemed to be an aspect to the practical application of reckoning faith that denies the very essence of person and personality.  Betty would tell us the story that if we were truly a dead corpse, someone could come and pull our hair and we would not respond.  This is true.  If I had no feelings, no emotions, no aspirations, and no cognitive thought, I wouldn’t care if someone took a blowtorch to my leg.

The problem is that I do have feelings, emotions, aspirations, and cognitive thought.  And I would care very much if someone came up and pulled my hair.  Do I really believe that reckoning on my identity with Christ is supposed to reverse that?

I have never found this “reckoning faith” as an overcomer technique helpful.  If I fall into besetting sin, I resolve to actively reckon myself dead to the sin.  When I fall again, I hear about how I can’t reckon in the flesh, but let God do it.  So I try to “let go, let God” but fall again.  I am told that I can’t be passive, but I must actively “reckon myself dead”.  So, I am brought full circle.  Again, I am not saying that these difficult sins can’t be faced.  If we are Christians, they must be faced.  I am saying that they are not overcome through quick techniques and glib answers.

Am I saying that Paul in Romans 6 is out to lunch?  No, may it never be.  I think it is a very sound argument for the truth of the gospel and it does well for us to think, “I want to behave in a way that is in keeping with the gospel by which I am redeemed.”  But, to extend it to a “How to overcome all besetting sins in your life by denying your very essence” – to be honest, I haven’t found that this works very well.
affirming

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2003, 07:33:19 am »

dear dave, i believe reckoning faith is a faith of a certain phase of our lives in Christ that is past the stage of loving and serving the world and it's lusts -  being a slave to sin and getting over into the promised land of a life of consistant love, joy, and peace in the spirit.  it is a dark transitional time and it seems to be a long 40 year journey of wandering.  darkness seems to accompany it as well as a cloud by day and a fire by night - we see as through a glass darkly.
yes, i know the failure of trying to manage "the rebellious fool in the house" - my own self life...but the important thing is to be taught and understand that along with the natural man who is weak we have a second life that is being renewed every day and is able to grow stronger and stronger apart from our own ability to see it growing.  ever try to watch anything grow?  this is faith.  
most of us are not very tolerant with our sinful selves and even less tolerant with the sin in others.  this intolerance in itself is part of our own sinful nature that must die.  as growth is unapparent, so is this kind of death....but each time we give this enemy with us a kick in the head by our will not serving him, but turning and serving the spirit life - he gets a little more manageable.  in my case, i had to get clear on what is real and what are only my feelings.  the more i worked on this the stronger i became in controlling my natural man.  there are some practical things which i know you've heard.  keeping watch over the soul gates.  these are assy originals - these are old principles and i have learned the importance.  if we feed a fire it will burn. the sad truth is that to be close to the Lord is our priviledge not His.  if it wasn't difficult, wouldn't everyone be in the front seat in His presence.  the price has to be paid.  everyone does what they do for the payoff.  there's always a payoff of some sort.  
outdeep

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2003, 07:54:20 pm »

I realize in my last post, I vastly changed the subject.  The subject was discussing the validity of a "deeper meaning" method of interpreting the Bible.  I picked up on the reckoning faith idea and moved it into a new direction.  Sorry.

I posted my "reckoning faith" article on a new thread called "Overcoming and Reckoning Faith" until the "Bible" section.  I would appreciate people's thoughts on the Assemblies teaching of overcoming through death to self as well as the practical question of how we should deal with sin and ungodly habits in our lives today.
Oscar

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2003, 10:01:30 am »

Affirming,

A few thoughts on your reply to my post.

1. Exactly what do you mean by "reckoning faith"?  Is it different from "regular" faith?  How does one know one has this kind of faith?

2. "There is no resurrection life without reckoning faith".

What exactly is "resurrection life".  I know that Christ is our life, Col 3:4, and he has been resurrected.  Is there more than one kind of Christ's life?

3. "I think we can get too complicated and paranoid".  

Paranoid???  I don't think so.  Everyone who wants to understand what these terms mean is nuts?Huh?

As to being too complicated, what I am doing is asking you to be precise.  We think in words.  Words can be expressed in writing or speech.  If we know it, we can say it.  If we can't say it, we don't know it.  

Do you really know something "deeper", or are you just repeating phrases you have picked up along the way?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I really don't think that telling people one has a "higher" or "deeper" understanding is helpful to anyone, UNLESS you can tell us what that understanding is.

God bless,

Thomas Maddux
affirming

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2003, 01:16:17 am »

tom,
1.  reckoning faith is a faith that God counts as righteousness.  the believer has not received the promises and fulfilled righteousness yet, but it is as if he/she had in God's eyes.  it is a certain judgment of God that accepts a certain person's efforts of faith based upon the finished work.  

also the believer uses reckoning faith in that he/she knows that they are working on some issues in their life and haven't fulfilled all righteousness in their life yet.  they still have pride, temper out of control, impure motives, selfishness, etc.  and so, rather than be discouraged, God has provided a standing whereby we may understand that because we are walking by faith, as with abraham, we're counted as righteous.  the issue of dealing with sin becomes allot less discouraging if we understand that God accepts my faith....that i'm busy and diligently working on a situation...have not licked it yet...but God knows i'm heading in the direction of righteousness...by faith.  

this is loving and ingenuous on God's part because, as the rich young ruler found the whole requirement of the law undoable - he went away sad.  so have i on many occasions not understanding "reckoning faith".  i finally realized, if God reckons it, why shouldn't i do the same.

is r/f different that reg faith?  i don't know, but could only speculate that generally faith can mean allot of things that someone believes will happen, etc. -it depends on the context i suppose.

how does one know if he has this r/f?  i would say that if one is believing on what God says about his/her justification through faith, they would be aware of a certain freedom from self-condemnation.  of course, this knowledge increased and does the release and joy ...even in the midst of not having conquered some of the sin every one of us has to contend with.

I will try to respond to the rest when i get back from vacation - going to cozumel.  hey, by the way, worryfreevacations.com has a 7 night deal, round trip tickets for 2, buffet breakfast every am, and $50 for beverages for $850 TOTAL.  all of your who are weary come to cozumel.  

hey tom, just another little response.  when i used the word paranoid, i used it, not like you are mentally sick.  no i used it like we did in the 60's when there was a knock at the door and we were smoking pot or something.  perhaps you aren't of the vintage that experience some of those awful things.  you what they say, if you can remember the 60's - you weren't there.  but i do remember some and i was there.  all i can say again is you guys, in my humble opinion ought to lighten up a bit.  i am glad you are now asking some questions instead of doing the equivilant  of yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre - or in this case a hospital.   i thnk it's good to ask ?'s first instead of coming out with witness lee and eastern religion accusations.  it's true, it is an open forum, but people will leave by the droves if they can't read things with encouragement and courteous conversation.  

my identity is not difficult. some have guessed me.  but i would like to stay anonymous presently to encourage others who do not want to or can't identify themselves to post.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: