AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 02:34:55 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Frustration, Anger, Weariness  (Read 6553 times)
Ken Fuller

Email
« on: February 17, 2003, 12:13:10 am »

Brent,

I just read your most recent post and am glad you finally started thinking about Canada and the Midwest <grin> -- you're working your way around, you'll be in the East Coast before you know it

I am hearing more and more and more stories of people who have been TOLD to avoid the message board -- I keep hearing the word "rumors" -- funny how you hear the same word over and over from people in various places -- it REEKS of canned instruction being passed on from the 'wise'.  

"The message board is full of rumors and lies 'saints' -- stay away from it, it will only deceive you"

I've seen it hear in the midwest, am starting to pick up on it here in St. Louis, definitely in Chicago / Omaha and recently in the East Coast.  It sounds like on the East Coast, for the most part, dear ones have been 'sheltered' from the news altogehter and basically told to stay offline.  Perhaps the "Leading Brothers" (or whatever they call themselves or don't call themselves these days) can peruse -- but, not unlike a catholic priest -- they are the only ones who can, and they must filter and interpret the "truth" for the "simple" ones.

Where I'm at now -- a level of frustration I haven't experienced before.  It started as a genuine concern.  But now, as I see people I have respected over the years CONTINUE IN BLINDNESS -- NO -- IN SIN -- to refuse to step back and listen to others and face that fact that MAYBE THEY HAVE BEEN WRONG -- it's turning into frustration -- which is yes, another form of anger.

Bottom line -- I find myself at times worked up writing things WISHING someone would read it -- then I realize everyone we are speaking to has been told to stay off !!!!!  (and apparently ARE staying off)

So it seems, we are preaching to the choir these days.  The ones we wish our testimonies, our messages would reach -- are refusing to even admit these testimonies and stories exist.

At least the blind man said "Lord, that I might receive my site".  Those remaining are saying "Lord, I love my blindness, don't touch my eyes or I may see"

I am just struggling very difficultely with men that I have respected refusing to see what it happening -- and it is causing a SEVERE divisiveness that has never yet existed.

It's seriuos people, but the only ones reading are the ones who already know.

GOD HAVE MERCY ON THEIR SOULS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2003, 07:21:15 pm by Ken Fuller » Logged
Rudy

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 01:02:17 am »

Ken,

"Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile
continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and
let him who is holy continue to be holy."  Rev 22 : 11

Something that i've been considering is that the gospel needs to be
preached once again to those in the assembly. They have exchanged
something Glorious for something common. They are blind - have chosen
it and continue in it. Just like someone hardened to the Gospel.

There are different stages to grief, like when someone knows that death
is near. There comes a point where one accepts the inevitable - they are
no longer in denial or angry. The people in the assembly are each
accountable for their own choices. They are also under the care of the
Chief Shepherd - He knows the right timing, the right words that will
prompt action, whether they will heed at all. We just need to keep on
going onward and upward, hand to the plow, not looking back. God have
mercy on them and us as these things work themselves out.

I'm sure that just as people have kept and used TVs over the years,
there are those that are online, reading and considering. Hey, they've
made coments like "This website makes me sick". So you know they
are reading, influence being dispersed.

"You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.'
But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and
naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so that
you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover
your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you
can see."   Rev 3 : 17-18

Rudy
4Him

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 08:00:38 am »

Whoa! Ken,

Step back and take a deep breath.  The Lord is working!  I have a testimony that I hope will encourage you (and others).  It is something that was almost unthinkable only a week ago:

Here in Springfield, there has been real clearing.  I went, for the first time since January 5, to the meeting of the "Geftakys" assembly here.  After talking to a brother (former "elder" there) and his wife Saturday, I had total peace about going.  Also another family who had left shortly after us also came.  It was intended to be a short time of discussion followed by prayer and praise.  What it became was each brother and sister there sharing promises and the burden on their hearts about what they are seeing and what is and has been going on.

Many of these dear brothers and sisters in Christ, up until a few days ago, did not acknowledge anything more than the problem with George and David.  For the most part they had kept totally away from the websites and had read nothing, not even Rachel's story.

Within the past week the two remaining "leading brothers" that had not recognized how they'd been internally affected by "Geftakysism" finally came to see and stepped down and/or left.

Everyone here in the Springfield assembly has now at least begun to see that there is a core problem that personally affects them.  They have all come out of denial and are at varying stages of seeing it.  There was unanimous agreement that the Lord has brought this assembly to a close.  This was all done in a spirit of love, friendship, repentance, liberty, hope and joy!

Personally, I feel like I am in spiritual unity with all of my brethren here in Springfield.  I am full of hope for what these former Geftakysites are going to find as they begin to associate with other dear Christians in this city.

Bottom line, Ken: I believe that in St. Louis, in Chicago, in Omaha, in you-name-it, there are very few if any who can't be turned "in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye".  It happened here, it can happen anywhere.  Now, that doesn't mean I think it's going to be like this in every place but God is going to change every place one way or another!

Take heart.  God is good!
Ken Fuller

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 07:31:02 pm »

Thanks for the encouragement!!  

(those that have written to encourage me good things ARE happening)

I re-read my post, and perhaps it was a little harsh -- maybe.

I had heard some news over the weekend that was heavy heavy on my heart.

But God IS able  ("BUT GOD ..." -- that's always been one of my favorite phrases of the Bible -- and certainly one that has played true in my life)

I'll tone down (maybe).  I just hear things that are very hard to take at times -- but I need to look at the flip side and hear the things that are absolutely wonderful testimonies.

Perhaps some right now just "see men walking as trees" ... beginning to see shadows of things happening, and God will continue to increase their sight.

I think I had had enough when I heard about the 10th person (all in different places) reference that people have been told the board is "full of rumors"

This board is full of testimonies -- EVERY ONE SAYING THE SAME THING!!!!  

Such a great cloud of witnesses we have here .... I'll learn to rejoice in those set free, and trust God for the others (and thank God for those who trusted Him for me against all hope!!)
Rudy

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 09:45:29 pm »

Ken,

Thank you for the encouragement.
I've also suffered from what was happening.

It is not our reponsibility regarding the outcome.
We are but servants of our Master. We just need
to hear His voice and obey on a day by day basis.
Or moment by moment ....... To speak a word in
season, to meet with someone, etc.

We have a glorious destination. May we set our
sights on Him - He is the destination, our Lord and
Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Rudy
Heide

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2003, 02:28:27 am »

Hi Ken,

I don't think you are alone in what you are worried about. After being involved with the SLO assembly and now out for two years I am hearing some very wierd things. It's almost like the beginning two years ago. Still no one talks about the abuse that went on. I've heard it said that was just your opinion or how you viewed things. I've heard sheep say everyone has their own perspective of what happened. It's still the Code of Silence but on a smaller scale.

The sheep that are staying behind feel that they are the faithful remnant. Sure, the LB's have stepped down BUT they are still there. The SLO assembly had a reputation for putting up with despisable things yet some sheep still want to stick around. I have heard the sheep say some of the LB's have asked them to stay. Even though the gate is open for them to leave. I can tell you that if I didn't know what I know and someone asked me to stay, I would probably stay. But why?? I can't help to think what is the bottom line?

The Lord is working in SLO but for the blind, they would prefer to stay blind and not ask questions. It is safer to be blind and there is no responsibility in it. Once you start to see, then there is an action required.
Rudy

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2003, 04:32:06 am »

Heidi,

Those that choose blindness are not blameless. They are partakers
in the evil perpetrated by others. They are responsible by choosing
blindness - it wasn't forced upon them, they acquiesced or flat out
choosed to be blind.

When coming out of the dark, one can shrink back from being blinded by
the light. Don't shrink back from the light. Resond to what you see.
Otherwise you may be guilty of partaking in others' sins. That's serious.
(Not addressing you, Heidi)

Your Bro,

R
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: