AssemblyBoard
April 24, 2024, 06:00:34 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am Almost Done  (Read 13999 times)
editor
« on: February 11, 2003, 03:02:45 am »

Dear Friends:

2Timothy 3:13  But evil men and imposters will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.

I awoke on November first, and immediately knew that The Lord had a job for me to do.  What you see in this website is my obedience to Him.

The events leading up to the website were years in the making, but the "last straw," was when the leaders in SLO refused to meet with Kirk Cesaretti, myself, Aaron Cantrell, and Chris Lawson, a pastor from  Calvary Chapel.  That was on October 31.

The next morning I registered to domain name, and purchased software.  I have never done a webpage, and had no idea what to do, but God provided a helper, in the person of Brian Tucker.  Brian has served as my technical go to guy, from about a 2 weeks into the website, until the present.   While he has not had any part in deciding content, his help has been invaluable.

The goal of the website is to "Tell the Church."  In many ways that has been accomplished.  George, Betty and David are in right standing with relation to the church, having been excommunicated.  They have no part in any Christian fellowship, and if they ever will in the future, they must clearly repent of many serious, shameful deeds of darkness and deceit.

Along with telling the truth about the abusive, controlling and unbiblical practices of the Geftakys Assembly,  it has been necessary to force many people into the light.  Very few of the leaders have repented voluntarily, most have only done so at "gunpoint."  Several leaders have had very suspect "repentance," not demonstrating the zeal and clarity that is spoken of in 2 Cor 7.

Still others have taken a hard line approach, and have embraced George, in spite of the fact that he is a fraud, immoral man, and a false teacher.  This is very grievous, and bespeaks the demonic nature of George's ministry and its horrible influence on the souls of his servants.  The groups led by these men, Scott Testa, Tim McCarthy, Jim McCallister and Mike Almanzor, are now, in my opinion, full blown cults.  They have chosen to follow a wicked man, and to depart from Jesus Christ, head over all things to His church.  

There is very little that can be done for these people, and I am convinced that the best thing to do is let them go.  Let them run on in the path they have chosen and meet the end that has been foreordained for them.  2 Timothy 3:8-9  Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; but they will progress no further for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

The one assembly that seems to be in limbo is Omaha, where Mike Zach has positioned himself over God's people.  My final task will be to expose the unfruitful works of darkness in that place, and to give God's people there an opportunity to go free.  It is sad that Mr. Zach, like his master, does not ever admit fault, let alone repent, except as must be done to mitigate damage to his control over people.  In that case, he will so only what needs to be said to maintain his position of authority over the flock.  George did much the same thing in December, when his evil deeds were first coming to light.  He still has not repented and continues to live in denial.

My sincere prayer for Mike Zach is that, at the end, he will not follow his master down the path to perdition, but will repent and turn to Jesus Christ.  This will mean stepping down from leadership, for the remainder of his lifetime, and apologizing to many people.  If he is willing to do this, he will find blessing and rest.  should he decide to hold on in pride and self deception, his end will be similar to his master's.

Timothy Geftakys is in much the same state.  He appears to be biding his time, until an opportune time comes for him to again take the lead.  This hypocrisy is rather telling, considering Tim's lineage.

As for the many other gatherings, some are totally free, having concluded that God's will is for them to disband.  Champaign, and Providence come to mind.  The people there will find that they remain dear friends over the years, even though God has led them in a different direction.  

Others groups are sorting things out with God's help.  Among these are SLO. Arcata and Huntington Beach.

Still some others are shell-shocked, and have not been able to act yet.  Please coninue to pray for these people, because Satan's desire is that they will be brought BACK into bondage, as quickly as possible.

With regard to the bulletin board, I am concerned that it has degenerated to the point of losing its effectiveness.  To be sure there are some bright spots, but the last 2 or 3 weeks have seen a hardening of stands, with a return of Assembly style spiritual pride on the part of some, and a bitter rancor on the part of others.

There is a place to vent bitterness, it is actually helpful for some people, but the environment has become such that no one is really safe anymore.  That's how it was in the Assembly, and that is one of the main reasons my family left.  I will not allow that to continue here.  

The main point in all this is to communicate the truth.  Honest people will read here, and on the main website, and will discover the truth, they have been lied to, from day one.  Honest people will then do the right thing, and purge out the old leaven, in one way or another.

The deceivers and false teachers will hate the website, and do exactly what they have always done to people who have told the truth, they will slander, lie and do whatever they can to keep their prisoners from breaking free.  The Bible is clear that these men will grow worse and worse, and furthermore, their presence will be increasingly evident in the last days.  There is nothing I, or anyone else can do to stop a cultist.  God will end their miserable lives in His soveriegn timing.

Do not be entangled AGAIN in a yoke of bondage
1 John 5:21  Little Children, keep yourselves from idols.  Amen
editor
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 03:29:33 am »

I also want to add to my most recent post below:

For those of you who feel like they lack direction, or are confused of fearful about what to do,  please get out of the Assembly and get into another healthy church.

For those who are staying back and hoping to see the gathering continue, albeit with a "new" format, please be sure that you are not putting new wine into an old wineskin.  If you make this mistake, your groups will blow up, and you will have spoiled something precious.

For those of you who continue to stand for the "Heavenly Vision,"  (George's vision)
I entreat you to come to your senses and escape!  Do it for your children at least.

My prayer is that others, in their various locals, would also rise up and tell the truth, not sitting back in passivity and fear.  Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, rather expose them.

Brent
garylwilson

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 04:22:30 am »

One person's conviction - delusion - from Fullerton

Brent:  Although I haven't always agreed with all that was been said.
Many times not What was said but How - I am grateful for what has transpired.  I have tried to look past what I considered simplistic and broad stroking generalizations to see the truth and prayerfully consider what course of action to take.  Does that mean I see ALL of what God's intention for me is?  Absolutely not.  But Brent I do believe there a a number left that with simple and sincere hearts just simply want to follow Christ.  Pray for us.

It is easy to look at any man's undertakings and say he should have done this or that.  I am speaking of your web-site undertaking.  I don't know if I could have done it or done it as well.  I believe you have done what you have with the best of intentions.  I has been kind an undertaking.    

Do know this:  even for SOME of us still left in some places.  Well, maybe I should only speak for my self.  This has been a life transforming experience.  I am indebted for that.

I also had a chance to reconnect with some people I hadn't heard of in years.  To that all I can say is God is faithful.  So many ones in different places still walking with the Lord.  

There have been a number of serious lessons impressed upon my heart from what has transpired.  I guess the greatest being to being very careful in my relationships with God's people.  They are His.

There have been a number of illuminating articles - to say the least.
I have them all saved on my hard drive along with some posts.

So from one person still left in Fullerton: Thanks

P.S
I would not be opposed to making a trip to SLO someday in the near future to talk with you and your wife and attend your Sunday gathering.  Personally, I would like to see fresh perspective.  Drop me a line a tell me what you think.
moonflower
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 05:54:51 am »

Thanks, Brent, for informing us of all the hypocrisy and deception of the Geftakys Regime. I, for one, am still semi-shellshocked, having only heard of the SLO cover-up and the GG website as recently as the Christmas holidays. It definitely gives answer as to why a lot of us were looked at and treated in the ways in which we were.
Will you be able to keep us informed, at this website, of further developments of the regime and of the pockets of deception   Wink that are still in existence?

Thanks again for all your work,
Jantje
« Last Edit: March 01, 2003, 09:45:58 pm by Jantje Thonen » Logged
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 07:07:36 am »

Brent-----

Thanks for obeying the Lord ,Brent, on November 1. I really want to thank you personally for creating the website and
for what it has accomplished. It's been so great to see so many familiar names and speak with so many people that I haven't seen in 23 years. To me that is so amazing---that I would even care about a place that I left in 1980, 23 years ago. Other churches I have attended over the years haven't concerned me, neither have I kept tabs on them--but I have always remembered the Assembly. It is because of the things I endured there for sure, and a feeling that something "wasn't right" also. But I think one aspect has always been fear. Having certain teachings engrained into me that taught of "losing out" and God's judgement have been hard to shake even after many, many years. I would always say "Something wasn't right there, that teaching can
t be true", but I think in the back of my mind I'd always be asking "but what if it was?" I think with the exposing that has taken place and all else I can finally rest in the realization that the teachings of the Assembly are fraught with error, just as the man who taught them was. Thanks Brent for helping a lot of people in a lot of different ways.

sincerely,  Joe
editor
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 08:00:42 am »

I will continue the website for some time, and may even post stories and articles as I am led to write.

As for the BB, you will see me less and less often, but I have not left yet.

I am almost done, not totally done!  We're still huntin crocks, but now we know how many we have, so we can tell when we've killed em all!

There are only 2 more...

Brent
Susan McCarthy

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2003, 09:23:27 am »

Brent, I am praying for you, and I hope that everyone who reads this thread will lift you and Susie up in prayer as well.  I thank the Lord for your courage to create this website and to seek God for its purpose.  May you have peace in knowing that your hard work has facilitated spiritual freedom, righteous rebuke, healthy discussion, emotional healing, rekindled friendships, and even deliverance from the bondage of legalism.  Thank you.
gracetruth

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2003, 01:17:19 pm »

He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys.

John 8:7  But as they continued to ask Him, He lifted Himself up and said to them, He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.

Mat 7:2  For with whatever judgment you judge, you shall be judged; and with whatever measure you measure out, it shall be measured to you again.

John 16:2  They shall put you out of the synagogue. But an hour is coming that everyone who kills you will think that he bears God service.

1 Peter 3:9-10  Never give back evil for evil, or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, giving blessing, knowing that you are called to this so that you might inherit blessing. For he that wants to love life and to see good days, let him restrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking guile.
editor
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2003, 01:31:30 pm »

Wow, Gracetruth:

I never read those verses before.

I guess I should have just blessed George, and not told the truth.   Or maybe given him more money as a blessing?  Perhaps if I sat under the ministry and prayed earnestly, George would have repented?

Really amazing.

Brent Tr0ckman
« Last Edit: March 02, 2003, 09:36:26 am by B. Tr0ckman » Logged
gracetruth

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2003, 01:51:55 pm »

Joh 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in Me.

Eph 5:4  nor filthiness, nor foolish talking, or jesting, which are not befitting: but rather giving of thanks.
Eph 5:7  Be not ye therefore partakers with them;
Eph 5:8  For ye were once darkness, but are now light in the Lord: walk as children of light
Eph 5:12  for the things which are done by them in secret it is a shame even to speak of.
Eph 5:15  Look therefore carefully how ye walk, not as unwise, but as wise;
Eph 5:17  Wherefore be ye not foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Arthur
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2003, 03:54:57 pm »

Oh, I get it, it's a guessing game.  Name that poster.  
Hmm...George--nah, too obvious.
Tim?  I don't think so
Mike Almazor?  Scott Testa??  Probably not.
Oh oh, I know, John Malone.  Right?
gracetruth

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2003, 08:23:49 pm »

Jam 1:26  If anyone thinks to be religious among you, yet does not bridle his tongue, but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is vain.

1Pe 2:19  For this is a grace, if for conscience toward God anyone endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
1Pe 2:20  For what glory is it if you patiently endure while sinning and being buffeted? But if you suffer while doing good, and patiently endure, this is a grace from God.
1Pe 2:21  For you were not called to this? For Christ also suffered on our behalf, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps,
1Pe 2:22  He who did no sin, nor was guile found in His mouth,
1Pe 2:23  who when He was reviled did not revile in return. When He suffered, He did not threaten, but gave Himself up to Him who judges righteously.
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2003, 08:34:18 pm »

Dear Gracetruth:

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these, ADULTERY...........................of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Gal 5:19-21

"1  It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father’s wife.
2  And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3  For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
4  In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5  To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
6  Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
7 ¶ Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
8  Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
9 ¶ I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10  Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11  But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12  For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13  But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person." 1Cor 5:1-13

"1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2  A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3  Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4  One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5  (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6  Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7  Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
8 ¶ Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9  Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10  And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
11  Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12  Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
13  For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
14 ¶ These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:
15  But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth." 1Timothy 3:1-15

"15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."  2Timothy 2:15

Dear Gracetruth:

You have displayed better than any argument, how the assembly takes scripture out of context and doesn't look at the WHOLE Word of God when dealing with life's situations (particularly discipline in the church.)  Try reading the above verses and respond accordingly.
Rudy

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2003, 09:05:49 pm »

Arthur,

It could be George.  I'm having flashbacks to
hectic page turning, listening, reading and note
taking.  It was a waste of time then especially
considering that one had to get away and find
how the Scripture was misused in the assy.

R

P.S. -  The poster is using KJV  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 01, 2003, 09:17:39 pm by Rudy » Logged
4Him

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2003, 10:02:30 pm »

He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys.

John 8:7  But as they continued to ask Him, He lifted Himself up and said to them, He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.

Get real "gracetruth"!

(See my full response on the thread, "He who is without sin among you let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys".)

BTW - Speaking of lurking...
How revealing that this lurking poster finds the shadowy hours of the early a.m. as the most convenient time for such irrelevant babbling.
Verne
Consider the nature of a "lurker"...

Ps 10:8  He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doth he murder the innocent: his eyes are privily set against the poor.
Ps 17:12  Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
Pr 1:18  And they lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2003, 10:24:08 pm by Tim Souther » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: