AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 04:28:29 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GA.com  (Read 8123 times)
wolverine

Email
« on: February 06, 2003, 11:02:36 pm »

Ok Brent,
I was wondering about the possibility of GA.com frills.
How about a GA.com club for kids?  Kind of like the Mickey Mouse Club only different.  Oh, and we definitely need a theme song (...go, fight, win...Geftakys!!!) and a logo!  Oh, one more thing...a games section.
Assembly matching games, Assembly Monopoly, Pin the problem on the John (this is not out of spite...its for popularity's sake), Name that hymn, Fantasy Assembly (get points based on your weekly predictions after you draft "players"), stump the Editor...etc, etc...I have more but those are the teasers for now...Sorry, one more thing...The Assembly Answer Man!!!!  Just thought I'd toss out some ideas...some food for thought...

I have GA.com t-shirts too..."I survived the GA!" is on the back...

BrentTr0ckmanFan
Arthur
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 11:15:44 pm »

Grin  Cool.
Ok, and how about the game of Life (you know, the one with the cars and pink and blue pegs for kids).  The slogan could be:  "More real than your life in the assembly."  
Oh, and Hungry, Hungry Hippostatic Unioners with pictures of George, Betty and others' faces on the hippos, and the marbles have little dollar signs painted on them (or maybe pictures of common saints).  
 Cheesy
wolverine

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 11:17:03 pm »

I'm feelin' it...I'm feelin' it...Keep it comin'...

BrentTr0ckmanFan
Arthur
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 11:42:10 pm »

oo, oo, how about some tv game shows (we can stream them over the web, sure why not).  

$10,000 Pyramid-Scheme  uh better multiply that by at least 1,000--u know, inflation and all.

(Oh boy the cat's out of the bag and I'm in) Jeopardy!

Wheel of (Swindling) Fortunes

Survivor  the last one to get excommunicated wins

Fear Factor  do you have the courage to stay one month in a training home?

The Love Connection  won't go there

Joker's Wild  needs no explanation

Family Fued  Um yeah...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 11:43:01 pm by Arthur » Logged
wolverine

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 04:23:22 am »

Arthur,

We're going to need a first set of contestants for
"(Oh boy the cat's out of the bag and I'm in) Jeopardy!"

How will they be chosen and who will they be???

"_________, COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!"

THIS COULD BE YOU!!!!!

BrentTr0ckmanFan
wolverine

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2003, 04:59:52 am »

Oh, and Brent...you are going to add a Humor department, right?  Oh wait, thats the whole BB...but maybe for the sake of mental organization...

BrentTr0ckmanFan
Arthur
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2003, 05:11:25 am »

Hey, thanks for reminding me, i forgot about
The Price is Right (to sell your soul and make merchandise of God's heritage)

The producers are looking for people who portray the following characteristics (in order of importance):
-possesses a satanic bible as well as the tibetian book of the dead and a statue of buddha in his red-light living room, and quotes from a book of filthy poems.
-seeks profit at the costs of men's souls
-egotistical megalomaniac
-flirts with the showgirls on the Price is Right
-drives to get "doughnuts" at 4:30 in the morning, shortly after shouting into his pillow.  

The producers are arranging for an all-expense paid trip to you-know-where for just such a lucky contestant, if -- the price is right.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2003, 05:20:21 am by Arthur » Logged
editor
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2003, 08:10:35 pm »

Seriously--

You guys know that my lovely wife went on the Price is Right and won big, right?  I am not kidding, she won a car, cash, some other stuff, it was amazing.  It all happened right before we got married, and we drove that car for 10 years!

Brent
editor
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2003, 08:11:20 pm »

Seriously--

You guys know that my lovely wife went on the Price is Right and won big, right?  I am not kidding, she won a car, cash, some other stuff, it was amazing.  It all happened right before we got married, and we drove that car for 10 years!

Brent
Arthur
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2003, 08:42:16 pm »

Yes, I do remember that.  That's pretty exciting!  I always wondered if those cars won on game shows would last.  Glad to hear they don't have plastic engines under the hood (or a squirrel).  I don't suppose you have that on video?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: