AssemblyBoard
April 27, 2024, 04:01:31 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I feel good here  (Read 13616 times)
dan

Email
« on: February 05, 2003, 07:15:19 am »

Well

I read that Laura felt good here ....

Laura also said the first day I knew God Sent me here!

Laura first feelings lie and are not the measure of
truth.
You said the first day ,when did you get time to test
the truth ?
When did you get time to read the bible alone with God?

Feeling are not the hallmark of Truth ..
The Word of God is ....
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 07:34:20 am »

I do feel good here.  I do feel at peace here. I do have a walk with good here.  I have been here 18 years. I have prayed for guidance in where to worship.  I still have peace.

I do not hold the assembly gatherings as *The Ultimate Meeting* place. In fact, over the past 3 years, i have attended a church local to where i live more frequently than i have the assembly meetings.  I believe that the Lord has called me to worship with the believers in the Chicago assembly, but i certianly do not believe that is where he has exclusively called me.

As for Laura, I found her testimony encouraging.  Do you not have faith in a God that can do anything?  Why doubt it ESPECIALLY when it is someone sharing what they have lived and experienced?
dan

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 07:41:25 am »

It is clear Luke that you jump into things just like
Laura and you see her accepting the assembly
in one day as God's hand ?
And in your 18 years you have been blind ..
Feeling count on judging truth !!

Well that's how people get into cults ..

You must judge the group by the word of God..

Laura wanted to belong so her desire to belong
become her truth .....
dan

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 07:46:17 am »

Luke

Lived and experienced?

They are never judges of Truth !!

There is only one way to judge Truth
the BIBLE  !!

Mormons say the same thing I feel a burning or I
experienced?
Yet Luke they are Wrong !!
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 08:07:23 am »

It is clear Luke that you jump into things just like
Laura and you see her accepting the assembly
in one day as God's hand ?
And in your 18 years you have been blind ..
Feeling count on judging truth !!

Well that's how people get into cults ..

You must judge the group by the word of God..

Laura wanted to belong so her desire to belong
become her truth .....

I can not speak of Laura's heart, nor do i desire to nor did I.

My post was to put forth an example of someone who is at peace in this gathering, and who is firmly believing that God is working.  I am praying with all my heart that He will make me a vessel onto honor, one that is willing to be used by Him in any way he sees fit.  Who are you to judge another's reality to be false? ESPECIALLY when they have peace with God?
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 08:20:39 am »

Dan (unidentified guest),

I understand your well-intentioned thoughts but you definitely should spend a few nights catching up on five months worth of posts before you presume to know a brother.

Luke has answered accusations similar to yours (from me included) several times already. And answered well.

Do your homework. Nuff said.

S
dan

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2003, 07:26:17 am »

jesus freak first of all the Bible calls us to judge ...
I did not say laura wasn't saved did I ...
judge the outward but not the heart ,for the heart
only God can see.....

jesus freak how do you decided between a lie or the truth???

Feelings or the Bible ?

It's the world who has turned it around ...

In Laura 's case I point that feeling are never
a base of Truth .
 And as I said saying I have peace God sent me here ..
Is like The Mormons who say I have Peace inside that
being Mormon is True ...

Is their Peace real?HuhHuh?  It's a Cult too !!!
Laura

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2003, 07:44:01 am »

Dan-

For the record, I don't encourage people to blindly jump into things based on their 'feelings'. This is not what I did, nor what I would want anyone else to do.

I think you are assuming a lot from my first posting. It was meant to be brief and I didn't feel all the details were necessary. I can understand how it souds like I just introduced myself and then became a full-fledged member, but this was not the case. Yes, I was prompted by my feelings to dive deeper into this group and from there I researched it extensively and pray about for a long time- and continue to do so.

So, Dan, I didn't act on feelings alone but than again when is there ever an occasion when feelings aren't involved. I did my homework, but more importantly, trusted the Lord. And that's why I can say He brought me here.

-Laura
Phil Strangman

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2003, 07:54:47 am »

Dan,

Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that ye be not judged."

Show me a verse where we are called to judge and then let's compare them.
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2003, 07:59:31 am »

jesus freak first of all the Bible calls us to judge ...
I did not say laura wasn't saved did I ...
judge the outward but not the heart ,for the heart
only God can see.....

Are we familiar with Matthew 7:1 where Jesus says, "Judge not, that you be not judged."  Jesus also says in John 7:24, "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."

Explain where you are coming from?

jesus freak how do you decided between a lie or the truth???

I cannot, but I can pray about it for leading.  My faith resides on a knowing that my God will guide and protect me.

In Laura 's case I point that feeling are never
a base of Truth .

When you get saved, you do so because "felt" christ.  You sense His love for you, and his eternal caring and peace for you.

And as I said saying I have peace God sent me here ..
Is like The Mormons who say I have Peace inside that
being Mormon is True ...

Is their Peace real?HuhHuh?  It's a Cult too !!!

All I can speak of is my testimony in how the Lord has led me and worked in my life.  Take it however you want, I *know* my God and Savior.
retread

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2003, 08:18:12 am »

Dan,

Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that ye be not judged."

Show me a verse where we are called to judge and then let's compare them.
Right  on Phil! We need to be careful with judging others. Judging by the "natural man" can be a dangerous thing. However, we still do need to exercise spiritual discernment, and Matthew 7:1 is not an excuse for not exercising spiritual discernment (don't worry - I know that this is not what you are saying).  I am just adding to what you said, and not disagreeing or contradicting with you in the slightest.

Hebrews 5:14
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
MichelleDJ

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2003, 08:19:18 am »

Luke S:       (sorry, one day I'll be fully awake - I'm just not sure when)
Are we familiar with Matthew 7:1 where Jesus says, "Judge not, that you be not judged."  Jesus also says in John 7:24, "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."

Ooh, wait.  See, if you snag scripture out of context, you can make any point you want.  However, if you place both of those two verses back into their original context, you'd have your own answer.

You are making Jesus look like He spoke out of both sides of His mouth by quoting these two verses without context!  Each speak of different things.  One explains censorious, hypocritical, self-righteous, and other unfair types of judgments, and says it is forbidden.

The other says that it is necessary to discern "dogs" and "swine" from one's own brethren.  We are called to a righteous judgment.  That is the only way to fulfill the commandments that follow Matthew 7:1 et al.
My faith resides on a knowing that my God will guide and protect me.

God guides you.  You see, there is such a thing as free will, and we use that as well.  When we choose freely to sin, God will keep whispering our name, but will not (generally) shout or send Archangels to stand in our path for "protection."  God is not at your beck and call on whim to fix it when you break it.  You'll reap what you sow.  You are not called to walk blindly wherever you want.  Don't forget that path is ooooooooooh so narrow.
When you get saved, you do so because "felt" christ.  You sense His love for you, and his eternal caring and peace for you.

Um, no.  When you are saved, it is because you have made the freewill decision to turn your life over to Jesus Christ as both your Lord and your Savior.  It is a conscious decision, not a warm fuzzy feeling.  Those who are led by warm fuzzy feelings are those who blow in the wind...  When the warm, fuzzy feeling goes away during times of trial, they are the first to curse God and demand retribution and find their faith failing them.

You see, I have firsthand experience with this.  And I've seen it over and over again, not just with me, but with many new believers who "feel" God with them.  There will be tests and trials where God isn't "with them"  (i.e. it's no longer warm and fuzzy).  Check out Job.

Phil:  you have your verse:  Matthew 7:6.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 07:48:08 pm by MichelleDJ » Logged
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2003, 09:10:45 am »

Michelle, this is my post you are commenting upon, not Dan's.

Dan:

Ooh, wait.  See, if you snag scripture out of context, you can make any point you want.  However, if you place both of those two verses back into their original context, you'd have your own answer.

You are making Jesus look like He spoke out of both sides of His mouth by quoting these two verses without context!  Each speak of different things.  One explains censorious, hypocritical, self-righteous, and other unfair types of judgments, and says it is forbidden.

The other says that it is necessary to discern "dogs" and "swine" from one's own brethren.  We are called to a righteous judgment.  That is the only way to fulfill the commandments that follow Matthew 7:1 et al.

The whole point of picking out those 2 verses was to show that there exists occasion for Man to judge (as you put it "in discerning dogs and swine") but more so to note that mr. dan's manner in approaching problems he saw in L's post would fall under the first and not the latter.  Simply showing both sides of the coin, in an attempt to understand where he is coming from.

God guides you.  You see, there is such a thing as free will, and we use that as well.  When we choose freely to sin, God will keep whispering our name, but will not (generally) shout or send Archangels to stand in our path for "protection."  God is not at your beck and call on whim to fix it when you break it.  You'll reap what you sow.  You are not called to walk blindly wherever you want.  Don't forget that path is ooooooooooh so narrow.

even more so the reason to dedicate one's life to God's Will, no?  I have the free will to sin, but also to follow God's leading.  I am not saying that *everything* I do is automatically from God just because I seek him, far from it.  I am saying that I find putting full faith, trust, and love in a God that will keep me, is my best way to live.  

Um, no.  When you are saved, it is because you have made the freewill decision to turn your life over to Jesus Christ as both your Lord and your Savior.  It is a conscious decision, not a warm fuzzy feeling.  Those who are led by warm fuzzy feelings are those who blow in the wind...  When the warm, fuzzy feeling goes away during times of trial, they are the first to curse God and demand retribution and find their faith failing them.

I see the difference between spiritual "feeling" and carnal "feeling" needs to be pointed out.  I apologize for not communicating the distinction I hold in my mind into my message.  I classify spiritual "feeling" as triggered, for example, during that time when you first decide to accept Jesus as your Savior.  I see something spiritually *felt* during that occasion, and i can not express otherwise.  You are absolutely correct that simple fuzzyness will profit nothing.
Phil Strangman

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2003, 10:24:56 am »

Can someone explain how the pearls and swine of Matthew 7:6 relate to judging our brothers and sisters?
wolverine

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2003, 02:21:16 pm »

Who exactly do we think we are?  Who are we to judge motives, feelings, or the hand of God itself?Huh??  By doing this, we are putting ourselves in the place of God!!!  This is extremely shaky ground to be on...I feel pity for us as you we say this about Laura...She is responsible to God HERSELF...not any UFG (Unidentified Floundering Guest)

BrentTr0ckmanFan
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: