AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 11:18:22 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Rand Bates?  (Read 5335 times)
Susan McCarthy

Email
« on: February 04, 2003, 05:52:06 am »

Is Rand Bates still in Fullerton?  Does anyone have contact information for him?  Thank you.
David Mauldin
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 07:43:12 pm »

Last I heard Rand moved to Texas.  Dave Sable has his address!
outdeep

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 12:23:48 am »

After leaving SLO, Rand moved to Seattle.  When Y2K came about, he wanted to move to a smaller community and moved to Texas.  He recently moved back to California to be near his parents in a city called Mathews (1 T), CA or Lake Mathews.  I just got a letter from him this week.  He became a stocker at Wal-Mart in Texas and transferred to California.  He enjoys the job where he is out among people but not under alot of pressure.

wmathews

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 01:20:20 am »

Many thanks, Dave

Had many fond memories with Rand, we had an interest in learning Hebrew, and I remember one time in the Colorado mountains watching the sun come up over the mountains, singing 'When Morning Gilds the Sky'.  It is good to hear he chose a place with such a blessed name (lol). Please tell him Wayne Mathews said Hello with Blessings attached! Cheesy
jackhutchinson

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 10:45:33 pm »

Hi,

I was Rand Bates' roommate when he left back in 1992.  He had moved to SLO just after the Irons' left in 1989.  He had been very close to Steve and Margaret Irons.  I was totally clueless as to what really was going on.  I did notice that he preferred Kirk's preaching over David's (gee, I wonder why?).  In October 1991 Rand asked me to move out of his apartment without telling me why.  I assume now he wanted to leave the ministry and knew that I would not want to leave (can't blame him for wanting me to leave).  Immediately David Geftakys and some of the other leading brothers came over to our apartment and spoke to Rand alone and convinced him to let me stay.  In February 1992 he gave me 2 weeks to move out.  This time he stuck to his guns (good for him).

I saw him in Barnes and Noble here in SLO a few years ago and had a nice chat that was all small talk.  I wish I could talk to him now that I have seen the light.  If anyone is in contact with him (Dave Sable?) let him know I'd like to apologize for how I treated him (I was going along with the program at the time).

Freed on 1/23/03,
Jack
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: