AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 08:18:37 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am here  (Read 60363 times)
John1335

Email
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2003, 05:32:44 am »

My name is Russ Pittman from Seattle,

This is my 1st posting to this website.

I am here to say thank you for those faithful brothers & sisters who acted with courage to stand despite much resistance. I have no desire to speak against anybody despite however great their incredible failures are.

I also want to say I am thankful for what a wonderful Savior I have. I'm sure many are very stumbled by some - but remember Jesus never fails. Don't lose sight of how wonderful He is. Praise God He has done faithfully already.

I also would like to find out how those who I have known and love are doing in all this.

Zeph 3:9 For then I will give to the peoples purified lips, that all of them may call on the name of the Lord, to serve Him shoulder to shoulder.

Brother Russ
 Smiley Wink Cheesy
Joseph Reisinger

Email
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2003, 11:39:31 am »

Quick background - for all future posts.
I'm 23 years old; I've lived in the suburbs of Chicago and have been gathering with the assembly there for all of my life.  I obviously had no choice as to what gathering I grew up in, but since turning 18, I have remained in that particular gathering because I personally believed it to be God's will for me.  I am still gathering there (in light of the recent revelations) because God has shown me to continue.

I am here, registered on this website, because I have read it from nearly the beginning, and would remain a "guest" no longer.  I would also like to respond to posts, as God would direct.  I pray that any post I make would be honoring to Him.
Joseph Reisinger

Email
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2003, 12:40:40 pm »

Rudy,
Heh heh.. I have many fond memories of that "rocket" although now it is rusting away... it's a shame.  I must have been too young to remember you, but my dad is still gathering here.
Joseph
John1335

Email
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2003, 01:34:01 pm »

Hi Rudy,

We meet in Shoreline about very close to Lake City Way and 145th. We began in Lynnwood, migrated to Seattle, and now we meet in Shoreline.

Where are you now?
Which assembly associated with George's ministy were you meeting with?

Russ
H

Email
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2003, 05:01:26 pm »

I came here out of curiosity as to what was happening with GG and "the assemblies." I started posting because I wanted to stand up for the truth.
"... the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)

"In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
  And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." (2 Timothy 2:25-26)

H
MichelleDJ

Email
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2003, 09:03:14 pm »

My name is Michelle, and I'm located in St. Louis.  I have never been involved with this organization, but I have an old friend who is.  God obviously led me here for a reason, so I've decided to hang around and see what that is.  

I attend the "worldly church" of Covenant Presbyterian, of the Presbyterian Church in America, on Ballas Road, between Clayton and Manchester Roads.  There the gospel is preached with almighty grace.  I would love to share my church with anyone who is interested.  I also have tapes of sermons I can mail out.

My ReBirthday is May 17, 1998.  I came to faith through the intervention of a sweet angel and dear friend and brother.  I try to be honest and real, and I struggle at times.  I am probably the furthest thing from perfect there possibly  is, and Jesus loves me anyway.  I don't even think I've "overcome" anything.   Wink  

I'd be happy to talk to anyone who is looking for an outsider's perspective, through e-mail or face to face.  And like I said before, I'm just going to hang out here for a while.

-michelle
Eden Garisek

Email
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2003, 12:21:06 am »

Hi, I'm Eden Garisek, Tony and Anne Marie's daughter.  I'm 26 now - I know that will shock some of you who remember me as a child.  We left when I was 17, but I can say that I had such a happy childhood growing up in the Assembly.  It was really only in the last few years, when as a normal teen I began to question, that I personally felt what I now see as bondage.  All of us were bound.  

I am here because I feel lucky.  I, personally, have few scars.  What scars I have are healed because of the open, honest, and ongoing discussion my family has had since we left.  I am so happy to see that kind of discussion happening here.
4Him

Email
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2003, 10:17:00 am »

Hey Michelle,

Enjoyed what you said about yourself...

My name is Michelle, and I'm located in St. Louis.  I have never been involved with this organization, ...
I attend the "worldly church" of Covenant Presbyterian...
I am probably the furthest thing from perfect there possibly  is, and Jesus loves me anyway.  I don't even think I've "overcome" anything.   Wink g to hang out here for a while.

-michelle

You are just the sort of person that is needed here.  Many of us, me included, have been made to think that tho' all Christians are saved, we're just a little more so.  Having just recently come to see this, and having left the "shelter" of the Geftakys assemblies, I am really beginning to enjoy the fellowship of dear brothers and sisters like you.  So, welcome, in the wonderful grace and love of Jesus!  Contribute freely.  We need you.

PS - Be an encouragement in Christ to your friend that meets with the Hazelwood/Florissant Assembly.
MichelleDJ

Email
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2003, 10:31:15 am »

::smooches::  to you, Tim.

-m.
Arlene (not really)

Email
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2003, 10:48:37 pm »

Michelle!!

That's my man you're smoochin' on!  Look out Tim, I'm getting the rolling pin!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
MichelleDJ

Email
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2003, 06:08:31 pm »

::smooches::  to Tim's wife, too!   Grin
wolverine

Email
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2003, 12:13:21 pm »

I am here because I got free tickets!!!!!
amycahill

Email
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2003, 07:00:44 pm »

Think of all the people that went to one Bible study and walked out in the middle of it.  They saw it!  It is quite obvious, but because it is so painful to our pride and self image, we don't want to deal with it.

Smiley  During my assembly participation, I lived with a couple who attended Calvary Chapel.  They held a Bible study in the townhome where we lived and so I met other Christians (very good for me, lucky me!  Smiley)  I invited one of them to the Bible study and Sunday meeting.  

The Holy Spirit got him right out of there, and he told me so.  He encouraged me to leave, actually, but I wouldn't listen.

*sigh*
amycahill

Email
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2003, 07:09:56 pm »

Isn't it great? All the passages about rivers of Living water, and the joy of the Lord, they really are true!

"I sing of Your mercy that leads me through valleys of sorrow to rivers of joy..."  -- Jars of Clay
amycahill

Email
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2003, 07:38:07 pm »

The month that I spent with Roberto & Jenny opened my eyes.  I could not believe how Roberto treated Jenny.  She had to have dinner on the table at exactly 5:30pm.  All the dishes and utensils had to match.  She had to serve the dinner to Roberto on a platter.  It didn't matter how sick pregnant Jenny felt, she had to do it.  Roberto took Jenny in the bedroom many times to reprimand her.  I was glad for the eye opening experience.  I looked at the other married couples in the gathering - Tom & Sally, David & Judy, Jeff & Nancy, and Greg and Marcy.  I saw no outward  expressions of love - only controlling behavior, glares, mean looks.  I can only imagine the sick counsel  the married men in SLO were taught "HOW TO CONTROL YOUR WIFE."

I heard about this.  I didn't realize it was quite this bad.

Praise God for my loving husband who has always told me I am his equal!!

A special place in my heart is reserved for the corruption of Steve Husting.   Angry  When I met him, he had a beautiful freedom and joy in his faith that I longed to possess.  When he married, he loved his wife dearly and treated her well.  His wife was happy, because he wasn't domineering and micromanaging her.

The leadership took care of that.

By the time I visited four years later, he enthusiastically declared to me that his wife was NOT his equal.  Since Steve is single-minded, I have no idea what he subjected her to in the name of Christ.

I am not bashing Steve.  Steve believed what he was taught and acted accordingly.  He is both fearless and faithful by nature.  I hold the leadership responsible for this. Angry
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: