AssemblyBoard
April 25, 2024, 07:12:51 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: in search of...  (Read 8186 times)
vincent lopez jr.

Email
« on: January 31, 2003, 02:48:11 am »

hello, this is vincent lopez jr. my family used to be involved with the assembly and i used to go to cornerstone. i was recently alerted to this site and i thought it would be interesting to see if i could find any of the kids i used to go to school with. its been a long time. i remember the de leon's, david perez, anna hanson, the alcantar's, daniel dasche, where are these people?? anyways....god bless you all......VL
Eden Garisek

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 06:32:27 am »

Vincent, I'm trying to remember who you are.  How old are you?  The kids more or less my age were Yvonne Santellan, Eric and Jaime Viramontes, Elizabeth Geftakys, Kathleen Dische, Rachel Ford, etc.  You might have known my brother Aaron, he's 24 now.
vincent lopez

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 10:32:04 pm »

i recently turned 22. i do remember all those people, daniel dische was a good freind of mine. i dont remember you or your brother though, but your name is very familiar...my family moved to corona when i was in 5th grade, that was the last i saw of all those kids....vl
VinnieGalati

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2003, 10:21:43 am »

Hello Vincent,

My name is Vince also.  I know you don't remember me, because you were so young. I was sent to Fullerton for training back in 1986.  I am from St. Louis.  I lived in Dan Notti's house.  How is your dad? He may remember me. It has been so long. Tell him I am married and have two step-kids. I am in St. Louis.  God led me out of bondage (assembly life) in 1994. He will never leave me or forsake me.

Has anyone heard from or can give me any report on any of the following saints:

Kathleen Taylor- Fullerton, mid80's

Jack Hanson- probably still in fellowship

Perry and Elaine M- started San Diego work

Frances Bilhorn- George's secy.

Diane Stanton- Ditto, used to write in T & T

Grethchen ?-- Fullerton 80's

Thanks, VPG
d3z

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2003, 10:36:12 am »

Perry and Elaine M- started San Diego work

Perry and Elaine left the week before my first Sunday.  As far as I know they are doing well.  I might be able to find someone who has contact for them, but it might take some digging.

Dave Brown
garylwilson

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2003, 08:09:57 pm »

Hi Vincent

My name is Gary Wilson - currently in Fullerton.

You asked about several people
Here we go.

1)  Jack Hansen - Still meeting in Placentia.  Works at AMR.
Lots of gray hair on top at on his face.

2)  Gretchen Hoenen - Still in in Fullerton.  Talked to her briefly last
week

3)  Diane Stratman - Haved seen her in ages.  Linda and I used to
live in the same apartment complex - called hobo junction.  I haven't
seen her since the late 80's or early 90's although I and others may have seen or talked to her.  My last memory of any of that goes back at least 10 years.  Sorry.

4)  Francis Bilhorn.   Her last name has twiced changed.  Married a S.F.
Brother.  He died shortly after that.  She has been an example of a women who has trusted the Lord in the midst of trial.  If memory serves correctly, she was pregant when Chuck died.  She is remarried and possibly still in H.B.

If you'd like I could try to get you contact info.

I sure would like to know about Perry and Eliane.  I still can picture Perry's bright radiant face.  I think some called him sweetness.  He had such a gentle spirit.  I loved listening to him preach.
outdeep

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2003, 09:05:01 pm »

Perry has taught for years at Poway High School near San Diego.  Here is his web site:

http://tepadmin.ucsd.edu/people/Perry-Minamide/perry.html

He either used his college picture or doesn't age very much.

Elaine has written a monthly column in a San Diego paper.  She has won honors in the Amy award (www.amyfound.org) and has published in Focus On The Family magazine.

They weren't very talkative on why they left  - one story was to spend more time with their family.  They were one of the few that left but actually kept meaningful friendships with those in the Assembly (exchanging babysitting with Wendy Hinman, for example).  For this reason keep any issues (if any) to themselves.

Diane Stratman was a typesetter at Ariel.  When the computer age hit, her skill was obsolete.  So, she went back to school, and got her BA.  She has worked for several years as a technical writer in a large manufacturing firm in the Orange County area.
garylwilson

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2003, 10:21:56 pm »

Dave

Thanks for the info on Perry and Eliane.
I would like to contact them.  Linda and I sometimes going
Amtraking down to San Diego - Zoo, harbor, Sea World.

This opens the possibilty of maybe seeing them.

Did you get my email.  I now know you're in N.C.  I guess getting together for a cup of coffee would be hard.  If not, do you pay air fare.
If you got my email, if you have time, I would like to hear from you.
I don't know if we could phone chat sometime.  I love stories.  
Everyone has a story.  I would be interested in how the Lord lead you to N.C. and what your involved with - work, church, etc.
I called Eric and Sheila Foy - formerly SLO now in Medford Sat night.
We chatted for over an hour.  It was a great blessing to my heart.

Take care and Lord bless

Gary

P.S.  Didn't you work with Steve Irons at one time.
P.P.S  Thanks again for the info on Perry and Eliane.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: