AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 01:29:48 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starrs, Tammie M, Bradburys  (Read 15214 times)
AaronC

Email
« on: January 29, 2003, 10:45:09 pm »

Has anyone heard from Nora, Tammie M or the Starr family (San Diego)?

What about the Bradburys (West LA)?

Gigi (Fullerton)?
arusso

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 10:31:01 am »

Aaron,
Hi!  I just spoke to Nora today.  Her, Shane & their kids are living in Colorado and doing Great!  Tammy went to Oregon sev'l months ago to help the Fraziers with the work there.  Tammy has just decided to leave, but I suspect she will stay in the Oregon area since she has family there.  Personally, however, I have not talked to Tammy recently.
Hey, say hi to Tanya for me.

_Lucy
shinchy

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 08:26:12 am »

I remember Tammy from when I was in the San Diego assembly. I miss her a lot along with David Brown.

I've seen Tim Starr from time to time at SDSU. It's been ages since I've seen his parents or his siblings.

I've been out of touch with Shane forever and also his brother Shawn and Allison.

Does anyone know about where Mauricio Rojas is?

Any of the people above, please e-mail me at shinichi_e@hotmail.com

Shin Evans
d3z

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 10:04:08 am »

Tammie moved back to Oregon (family is there).  I haven't been in touch with her, but others have.

Bob and Sherrie live about a mile from my house.  They seem to be doing well.  I see them periodically.  In fact, I went over and fixed Sherrie's washing machine just last week Smiley.

Mauricio is around.  I still get mail for him, occasionally.  I don't know if he has email or web access.  He was comming to my church (Community Bible Church of San Diego) for a while.

Dave
shinchy

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 10:29:16 am »

Tammie moved back to Oregon (family is there).  I haven't been in touch with her, but others have.

Bob and Sherrie live about a mile from my house.  They seem to be doing well.  I see them periodically.  In fact, I went over and fixed Sherrie's washing machine just last week Smiley.

Mauricio is around.  I still get mail for him, occasionally.  I don't know if he has email or web access.  He was comming to my church (Community Bible Church of San Diego) for a while.

Dave

Give Mauricio and Bob & Sherrie my regards.

Shin
Oscar

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 10:52:45 am »

Dave

Dave,

I don't think I ever knew you or even heard of you before seeing your name on the BB.

I gather you were in San Diego.  When did it start?  How long were you there?  How long were you "in fellowship"?

Thomas Maddux
d3z

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 12:11:23 pm »

I don't think I ever knew you or even heard of you before seeing your name on the BB.

I gather you were in San Diego.  When did it start?  How long were you there?  How long were you "in fellowship"?

Maybe I just wasn't that memorable?  I was "in fellowship" from some time in 1993 until last year.  My name probably didn't come up very often, just because I wasn't really "somebody" in the assembly system.

I was never the kind of person GG would have been looking for.  However, I had some useful skills/talents, that at least made me feel useful.  I designed and printed many invites and such in San Diego (in fact, I saw my "How to Do a Chapter Summary" flyer show up in all kinds of places).

I play piano, but given that: music wasn't a big thing in the assemblies, and there was nearly _zero_ other musical talent in San Diego, it didn't get used much.  I'm quite blessed to be playing the piano regular with the worship band at my church, now.

Dave Brown
matthew r. sciaini

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2004, 05:42:37 am »

Tom:

In 1988 a brother named Gordon Kim graduated from UCI and went to UCSD for medical school, starting a Bible Study there.  I remember meeting the young brothers from the UCSD campus at the 1989 Spring Seminar (more accurately at the McDonalds on Chapman Ave., eating lunch between the meetings).  That would be Shane, Dave Lee, and a brother named Delano.  

Within a short time after the "campus work" started there, interested brothers and sisters were driving up every Sunday to Huntington Beach for worship.  In 1989 the Minamide family was sent to San Diego to see a "testimony" raised up.  Later, they left the ministry and Erik and Angel Farien were sent (1991).

At this point I begin to get lost.  Dave could definitely take over from here.  Smiley

I'm not sure at what point they started breaking bread as a "bona fide testimony".  Possibly in 1992 or 1993.

Matt Sciaini
shinchy

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2004, 06:13:41 am »

In 1988 a brother named Gordon Kim graduated from UCI and went to UCSD for medical school, starting a Bible Study there.  I remember meeting the young brothers from the UCSD campus at the 1989 Spring Seminar (more accurately at the McDonalds on Chapman Ave., eating lunch between the meetings).  That would be Shane, Dave Lee, and a brother named Delano.  
Matt Sciaini

Ground control to Dr. Kim. (to the tune of "Space Oddity" by David Bowie)

I wonder how Gordon and Keira are doing.

Delano as well.
d3z

Email
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2004, 10:46:57 am »

I started coming out in 1993.  They had just started breaking bread.  Delano was still around.  We met in the house Erik and Angel were renting.  One amusing aspect of the house was that the meeting room had a stained glass window.  This was ironic because the preachers would sometimes declare how we didn't need stained glass windows.

Bob and Sherrie Starr were sent here a few years later (I don't remember the exact year).  Bob's sanity (compared to most workers/LB's) is much of what kept me around for so long.  I would occasionally say to myself "Am I in a cult?" but would think how ordinary and un-cult-like Bob was/is.

The assembly changed quite a bit after this.  We had various waves of people leave, and new ones gradually come out.  There were a few times that I preached 3rd.  We eventually began having an "outreach" to another part of town.

No matter what we tried to "change" it was always just superficial things (like the particular outreach venues we tried).  The meetings were always at exactly the same times and done the same way.

I do "confess" that I stopped wearing a tie on Sunday for about the last year.  My excuse was that I was interpreting for the Deaf, and that the tie was distracting to look at.  I even removed it at the seminar.

It was one of my little bits of rebellion that made it out.  The other bit one was when I never did any of my consequences I earned while on an MTT (mission training team).
shinchy

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2004, 12:01:10 pm »

I started coming out in 1993.  They had just started breaking bread.  Delano was still around.  We met in the house Erik and Angel were renting.  One amusing aspect of the house was that the meeting room had a stained glass window.  This was ironic because the preachers would sometimes declare how we didn't need stained glass windows.

I started coming around the same time, shortly after Dave. It was a few times during the spring of 1993 and I met Allison Sills (then Ahrens) and Damon Bornigno at Mesa College when they did the booktable before Bible Study. It was during the summer of that year I really started to get involved. Somewhere, a casual coming out to the Tuesday night Bible Study in June lead to going around with two visiting campus workers (Brett [surname?] and Susan Holland) to UCSD, Mesa College, and SDSU. Shane Sills was present at many of the summer campus labors as well. I was also going to a Japanese Christian Church at that time and by the end of the summer, I made the decision to commit to the San Diego assembly.

I remember the room David mentions. It had stained glass windows like he said and mirrors on the wall.

I remember a wave of people leaving as Dave and I came in during 1993: Damon, Delano, and sometime later, Brian Mallone. Dave Posada started coming to the fellowship in 1993.

Bob and Sherrie Starr were sent here a few years later (I don't remember the exact year).  Bob's sanity (compared to most workers/LB's) is much of what kept me around for so long.  I would occasionally say to myself "Am I in a cult?" but would think how ordinary and un-cult-like Bob was/is.

I believe it was around early 1995. My memory is fuzzy but it sounds right.

The assembly changed quite a bit after this.  We had various waves of people leave, and new ones gradually come out.  There were a few times that I preached 3rd.  We eventually began having an "outreach" to another part of town.

I was one of the people to leave a year and a half later. The Starrs had nothing to do with it. I've always remembered them fondly.

When did Bryant come into the picture? I met him a couple of years later and we were in a class together at SDSU when I was trying to tie the ends on my BA.

No matter what we tried to "change" it was always just superficial things (like the particular outreach venues we tried).  The meetings were always at exactly the same times and done the same way.

I do "confess" that I stopped wearing a tie on Sunday for about the last year.  My excuse was that I was interpreting for the Deaf, and that the tie was distracting to look at.  I even removed it at the seminar.

It was one of my little bits of rebellion that made it out.  The other bit one was when I never did any of my consequences I earned while on an MTT (mission training team).

High-five on not doing the consequences.
 Smiley
Kirkman

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2004, 09:22:56 pm »

I knew some Starrs in St. Louis... I was in the same grade as Dina Starr, and first met her in high school. I lost touch with her for a few years after that. Then, I met her again at my first (and only) weekend retreat trip with the assembly group at UMSL. She was going to university somewhere else, but I believe she eventually came back to St. Louis. Dina had a sister named Dara and a brother named David (I think). There may have been other siblings... I can't remember.

--Josh
Bhaight

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 09:04:30 am »

I'm sorry to bring this back to life...anyone know if Tammie has any brothers? (paul and pat) I attended college with both and would like to get in touch with them if possible as they were both drafted to the NFL. Thanks! Brandon ,bhaight2@gmail.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: