AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 04:32:29 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Brahmans Disciple  (Read 2947 times)
David Mauldin
« on: January 28, 2003, 12:46:40 am »

While amongst the Geftakys assembly I can truely say my life changed for the good (not just bad)  this story has helped me to understand why.  Once upon a time there was a noted "high cast" teacher of the Hindu religion.  He boasted "great things" of himself such as miraculous events and daring leaps of faith.  He drew to himself many disciples of the lower cast, who followed and revered him.  One day a disciple arrived late for a meeting. " Why were you late?" demanded the teacher. "Oh great master" replied the student.  "Forgive me, but the rain has washed out the bridge and there was no way to cross the river!"  Then how did you get here?" demanded the teacher.  "Oh great master" replied the student, "I began to think on your great deads and miracles and on how marvelous you are.  When I did this I found myself able to walk across the river on the water itsef!"  After hearing this the Brahman began to think even more highly of himself and decided to cross the river as his lowly disciple had already done.  But allas he dround.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 12:50:24 am by David Mauldin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: