AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 04:03:11 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Letter from Hendra  (Read 9058 times)
Letter

Email
« on: January 25, 2003, 10:35:19 pm »

' I hid Me and was wroth, and he went on forwardly in the way of his heart. I have seen his ways and will heal him. I will lead him also and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners" Isa  57:17-18

" He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day" II Tim 1:12

Dear praying saints and little flocks of God everywhere in USA,

Although with very much regrets and sorrow from what has been happening, I am still convinced that the work of God must still go on in BI. Unfortunately this has happened just before our brother George was supposed to come and visit us and also to marry Lena and myself on February 22nd. The saints here were crying and praying so much for our brother George on our last prayer meeting and on our all evening of prayer. We were all very sorrowful when we heard the news of excommunication.  Nevertheless all that we have heard and learned all these years from our brother regarding the vision of the cross, the house of God and the Kingdom which we know it's from the Lord written clearly in His word, we keep laying hold of it and very much thankful for the vision. Already the Lord has opened  our eyes that NO one in His house should be untouchable of being  intreated to repent and EVERYONE must be accountable to each other. A ministry or God's house would not run when one person is dominating everything for every person in the house because there are no lords in His house but servants and only One lord, that is our Lord JC. This event have personally made me to really cry to Him for mercy and His keeping power that I should not fall under the same sin while in charge of the work here. It has been a very searching time of the heart and brokenness before Him who tests the heart of man. This I think is a great warning for those desiring to be God's true servants. One must not misuse the trust and great responsibility that God and His dear people have given.
This coming Sunday afternoon after lunch we will have a special brothers meeting to discuss the sorrowful event that we just had and how that could happen and how to prevent it from happening here in the work of God especially when the work here is growing bigger. Please do pray for us for that special time. Also that God would still meet the needs of the saints here for growth and perfection in Christ although for awhile there might not be any visitation from the brethren abroad nor worker seminar. Do also pray for last details for my wedding day that is coming fast (Feb 22nd) and most importance that we would find a person that would be fitting to marry us during the ceremony and brought glory to Him. Lastly, we are sharing in your sorrow and still hoping and praying much for the turning of our brother George to repentance and the healing of many that might have been hurt or confused and stumbled through this shocking event. We pray also that in the future God willing that missionaries would be raised to visit His people far and near from this ministry. Amen.
May the Lord comforts your hearts and directs your hearts into the love of God. Thank you for your constant support for the work here in BI. We would also remember the work of God and little flocks in other places that need our support in prayers.

Under His keeping power,
Your brother in C,
Hendra
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2003, 11:56:13 pm »

Hendra:

Since you are only posting as a guest, I can only respond to you here on the BB.

Please consider George's teaching (the "vision" you speak of) and consider, is what has come forth, the fruit of that teaching?  We don't want to simply treat the symptoms (the situation in SLO, our brothers adultery, many little ones stumbled in their faith, etc.)   We need to treat the disease.  

Math 12:35, "A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things." (the words of our Lord Jesus Christ)

Math 7:18, "A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."

Kimberley
Oscar

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2003, 12:08:45 am »

Hendra:

Since you are only posting as a guest, I can only respond to you here on the BB.

Please consider George's teaching (the "vision" you speak of) and consider, is what has come forth, the fruit of that teaching?  We don't want to simply treat the symptoms (the situation in SLO, our brothers adultery, many little ones stumbled in their faith, etc.)   We need to treat the disease.  

Math 12:35, "A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things." (the words of our Lord Jesus Christ)

Math 7:18, "A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit."

Kimberley

Kimberley,

Remember that a broken clock is right twice a day.  GG taught a lot of error, but he also taught things that are true.

I rejected much of his teaching during the years I was in the assembly;  partial rapturism, overcoming by works, exclusivness, secrecy in financial affairs, loss of the inheritance, a "heavenly vision" that focused on the church instead of Christ, and on and on.

Some of his teachings I never did accept, ie, his claim to have apostolic authority.  

Hendra and others will have to sort these things out over time.  The main thing is that they must "keep the windows open".  If they remain cut off from the body of Christ they might be able to avoid thinking about new information.  But if the light is allowed to shine in, they will hardly recognize their assembly a year from now.

By the way, where is BI?  

God bless,
Tom Maddux
4Him

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2003, 12:20:39 am »

Tom,

You asked,
By the way, where is BI?  

BI is Bandung, Indonesia, where Hendra Achmad is involved in an assembly.  Hendra was in the USA for a time where he got involved in the Geftakys ministry.  A few years ago he returned to his home in Bandung and began the work there.
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2003, 12:47:06 am »

Remember that a broken clock is right twice a day.  GG taught a lot of error, but he also taught things that are true.

Hendra and others will have to sort these things out over time.  The main thing is that they must "keep the windows open".  If they remain cut off from the body of Christ they might be able to avoid thinking about new information.  But if the light is allowed to shine in, they will hardly recognize their assembly a year from now......

God bless,
Tom Maddux

I might sound like I am beating a drum throughout all my posts, demanding that these men see Georges teaching as the problem (the disease), but I believe that the majority of these men and women who are still with the assembly just see George's "indiscretions" as just that, a problem with George, NOT the assembly teachings.  Until these ones realize that they must take a good long look (with help from the outside) at George's false teachings, nothing fundmental will change.  The result will be the same bad fruit, until another situation, like the most recent developments, rears its ugly head.  I am not beating this drum out of anger or bitterness.  No, it is out of a great love for the friends I have that remain in this dark place.

Kimberley
Suzie Trockman
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2003, 01:31:38 am »

It wasn't the "event" that stumbled me, it was George himself. Matt 18:6 doesn't say"If any EVENT causes one of these little ones who trust in me to lose faith......."Rather the verse says"If ANYONE causes one of these little ones to lose faith, it would be better for that person to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around the neck.

Judgement has come to his house.
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2003, 03:12:00 am »

Hendra, this is George Allen, your last roomate before you went back home.

1. If you get a chance email me gnaiv@excite.com

2. I will keep your and your future wife in my prayers, also talked to Chris and it would be nice if someone could fly out there to marry you two.

3. I entreat you, that if you do nothing else, get prespective from other ministries when it comes to leading a flock.  I agree with you, some of the biblical things you learned are correct, others (well that is another topic).  

Hendra you have some real Godly men in other fellowships that you can learn from, since your country is going through real persecution.  If you remember Anka, the sister for Romaina that was coming out from LBCC, I learned a lot from her and her family about what it truly meant to stand for the Lord, when your life is on the line (and it was those real lessons that opened my eyes to some of the things going on).

I love you much, and if you want I will send you a CD of the Handel's Messiah and Soulful Celebration, since we wore out that tape (remember how Sue did not like us playing it so loud?)   Grin

Lord Bless you brother,
G
His Kid

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2003, 06:35:20 am »

Hendra,

Remember me, Ava Steaffens. It's so good to hear from you. I wanted to let you know that I have a very good friend and Christian brother that will be in Indonesia from Feb. 2 - 14. Part of that time will be in Bandung. He is originally from Indonesia and is coming as a missionary to train pastors. I would love to give him your address so that he could visit you while he's there. Could you email me at ava@kidworksonline.org with  your address and contact information?

God bless you,

Ava
gracetruth

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2003, 01:27:22 pm »

He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys.

John 8:7  But as they continued to ask Him, He lifted Himself up and said to them, He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.

Mat 7:2  For with whatever judgment you judge, you shall be judged; and with whatever measure you measure out, it shall be measured to you again.

John 16:2  They shall put you out of the synagogue. But an hour is coming that everyone who kills you will think that he bears God service.

1 Peter 3:9-10  Never give back evil for evil, or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, giving blessing, knowing that you are called to this so that you might inherit blessing. For he that wants to love life and to see good days, let him restrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking guile.

moonflower
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2003, 02:52:09 am »

He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys.

John 8:7  But as they continued to ask Him, He lifted Himself up and said to them, He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.

Mat 7:2  For with whatever judgment you judge, you shall be judged; and with whatever measure you measure out, it shall be measured to you again.

John 16:2  They shall put you out of the synagogue. But an hour is coming that everyone who kills you will think that he bears God service.

1 Peter 3:9-10  Never give back evil for evil, or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, giving blessing, knowing that you are called to this so that you might inherit blessing. For he that wants to love life and to see good days, let him restrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking guile.
Oh, I get it: A stray episode from "Whose Line is it Anyway".
moonflower
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2003, 08:29:13 am »

Yes! That's it! Lost episode of Twilight Zone! dee dee dee dee
wolverine

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2003, 08:32:04 pm »

Remember that a broken clock is right twice a day.

That's great, Tom...I might have to use that...

Fan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: