AssemblyBoard
April 24, 2024, 06:39:50 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brent, Thank You!!!!  (Read 8412 times)
vernecarty
« on: January 24, 2003, 05:56:48 pm »

Goodbye and God bless!
Verne
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 11:45:22 pm by vernecarty » Logged
KirkC

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 12:18:17 pm »

This is my first post. Smiley  But just a few days ago I was tempted to make this same topic.  I too am grateful for the labor of love that Brent has poured into the creation and maintenance of this website.
Thanks,
Kirk
His Kid

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2003, 12:43:12 pm »

Ditto, I am also very thankful. It has truly been a refreshment to my soul to be able to do some soul searching regarding some of the doctrines and practices of the assembly. To be honest, I have been out for 7 years and spent little time thinking about these issues. I didn't realize how much healing needed to take place. Thanks, Brent for your labor of love.
Rudy

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2003, 11:55:41 pm »

Ava,

Your not the only one.
I put the assembly stuff on a back burner
for over12 years. Now, thanks to a web
search came up w/ this site - better than
Ross's since people can have interchange.
All invited, in/out, the people we've thought
about over the years, etc. Ain't tech grand  Grin
H

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2003, 04:26:13 am »

I would also like to thank Brent (and Brian, and anybody else involved) very much for this website, especially the BB. It has quickly become one of my favorite websites. I have enjoyed re-establishing contact with some people that I hadn't heard from for over 17 years. It is wonderful to see how the Lord has been working in their lives all these years. May the Lord richly bless all of you!
Love in Christ,
H
Heide

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 07:13:52 am »

My 2 cents as well.... Two years ago I had to remove "saints" names' from my rolodex because they no longer wanted to talk to me (ok, so your name got left in!). Move forward and I am filling my rolodex once again with names of wonderful people that I have missed. I owe it all to you and this website. Also thank you for letting us have the oportunity to share with others the dreadful things that we went thru....

Truly a Brent & Suzi fan!
BeckyW

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2003, 08:41:22 am »

I want to thank you, too, Brent and whoever else helped you with the website and bulletin board.  It has helped to open our eyes.  To be able to hear the other sides of many one-sided stories told to us over the years is something for which we will always be grateful.  We're taking the "however many weeks it takes" challenge, and haven't been to an assembly meeting since the day after we first read your site.  We're still talking to friends there, and are praying for God to lead us all.  I've appreciated all the testimonies and recognize the courage it took to write them.
Becky Wieser
from Annandale, and once upon a time, Omaha
amycahill

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 10:47:24 pm »

Your not the only one.
I put the assembly stuff on a back burner
for over12 years. Now, thanks to a web
search came up w/ this site - better than
Ross's since people can have interchange.
All invited, in/out, the people we've thought
about over the years, etc. Ain't tech grand  Grin

Which assembly were you in?  I was out 12 years, I stumbled across the website same as you.  Tell me your story if you wish -- I'd love to hear it!

God bless,
Amy
amycahill

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2003, 11:06:31 pm »

I am pondering Brent's ministry from a Catholic perspective.

From studying the lives of the saints, I have learned that when God makes you a great saint, God chooses you, not the other way around.  

We are not all called to be great saints.  There are buckets and thimbles in the kingdom of heaven.  Mighty trees and small flowers.

God came along, Brent, and said, "I have something for you to do..."  HE chose YOU.  HE decided you were the best person to carry out HIS wishes.  

And you followed and were faithful.  For that I am incredibly grateful!  

I'll finish with a song:

[shadow=gray,right,300]Come Unto Me[/shadow]
Based on Isaiah 62 and Matthew 11:28-30
Bob Hurd
Text adaptation by Bob Hurd
Refrain Harmony by Craig S.Kingsbury
Verse Harmony by Dominic MacAllen

[shadow=gray,right,300]Refrain[/shadow]
Come, come unto Me;
I will make you a jewel.
Precious and rare the glory you’ll bear
In the crown of God.

1) There are deeds you alone must do;
There are words only you can say.
Trust in Me, and do not tremble,
For I go with you
To show you the way. (Refrain)

2) From the dawn of creation,
From the tree on Calvary,
I chose you and gave My life
To be My own, to be My delight. (Refrain)

God delights in you, Brent.  Don't forget.

May He bless you and yours abundantly,
Amy
editor
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2003, 01:50:07 am »

Thank you Amy!

I agree, God had something for me.  It was Him, not me.

Brent
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: