AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 01:17:48 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cottonwood  (Read 8213 times)
doug

Email
« on: March 01, 2009, 05:36:09 am »

Does anyone out there have any experience with or opinions about Cottonwood? It's in Los Alamitos and is pastored by Bayless Conley.
I'm looking for a place of fellowship that is more substantial than my current church.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 08:32:46 am »

Hi Doug,

Just checked them out on the web and they appear to be an evangelical Charismatic church.  If you believe in the "baptism of the Holy Spirit and in the speaking of tongues",  then you might feel comfortable there.  They have a TV ministry as well, so you could watch and see if this church is what you are looking for.

God Bless,  Mark C.
doug

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 02:42:48 am »

thanks, yeah I pretty much figured that out. I've been there a few times and they do speak in tongues. I was simply wondering if anyone had any personal experience with cottonwood. I've downloaded some of his sermons and heard a few in person, he can open the word, but what I really care about is the fellowship. J vernon mcgee spoke well of Pentecostals and that's good enough for me.
doug

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 03:23:38 am »

Do any ex-assembly people go there? (other than me?) I can't Google that.

If the Lord wills it, I'm going to start a prayer meeting at Disneyland.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 04:59:40 am »

That sounds like a Goofy idea.

I know, very poor humor and in bad taste, but I couldn't resist.   Smiley
outdeep

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 08:59:08 pm »

Do any excitably people go there? (other than me?) I can't Go ogle that.

If the Lord wills it, I'm going to start a prayer meeting at Disneyland.
Doug, do you work there?  My niece works there and might be interested.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: