AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 11:03:00 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The LA area fires  (Read 4880 times)
Flora

Email
« on: November 16, 2008, 03:47:01 am »

I'm reading about the wind-driven fires just north of LA, and it sounds quite dangerous.  Since a number of you live in the LA area, I'm wondering if any of you are affected by the fire or the power outage.

If any of you need prayer, let us know and we will lift your needs up to the Lord in prayer.

God be with you.

Flora
Margaret

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 10:14:46 am »

We were in Fullerton all day today, working on the old HoP. The sun was obscured and ash was falling. The closest fire is in Brea, about 7-8 miles away. A larger one is in Corona-Yorba Linda, about 10-12 miles. There are "saints" living out there, but haven't heard of anyone in danger. The Tea fire in Montecito wreaked a lot of damage on my alma mater, Wesmont College, but no-one injured. Thanks for your concern.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: