AssemblyBoard
April 24, 2024, 03:03:57 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: George's so called "books"  (Read 9073 times)

Email
« on: November 23, 2002, 09:57:39 am »

Aren't most of George's so called "books" actually transcriptions of his seminars?  Has he actually written a book?  I was in fellowship for a decade and I didn't get through one of his "books".  They had a logic and structure as poor as his seminars.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2002, 10:30:56 am »

Hi Guest,
  The only books that may have been written by GG and were not transcripts were a couple of booklets, like the "Heavenly Ladder".  It was explained to me that the books were difficult to put into a readable format, and as such, any reading difficulty was usually blamed on the editor(as the previous false teaching in GG books that were pulled from the book table).
  I think I still have the very first articles for a magazine that preceeded the T&T and these were not transcripts, but written by GG.  They are far worse than the transcripts and might as well be written in Sanskrit!  I read them over and over again trying to decipher them (my previous mystic training to no avail).
                                God Bless,  Mark
trockman

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2002, 10:32:52 am »

Yep

That's all they are. Certain Saints have the "privelege" of typing them all out and trying to make sentencve structure, etc.  Then George can say, "I have authored over 50 books."  He has only authored one book, Blu Heron flown, which was published at the expense of the ministry. It is full of really "different" poetry.

In recent years, he would actually just read his notes in the seminar, so the recording would be easier to translate into book form.  He did the talking, eveyone else donated their time and energy, not to mention money, in order to "publish" yet another title.  They are very poorly written books, but I have read several of them very thoroughly, in order to write some articles which will soon be on the website.

Brent
editor
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2002, 11:23:25 am »

Hey Greg

We here at GA.com wouldn't mind borrowing that book. Is it one of the old ones?

editor
Tom Maddux

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2002, 11:49:08 pm »

Greg Tobin,
You're right, I wrote "Good News" and "None Like Him".

Mark C.

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2002, 03:34:19 am »

Hi Tom! Smiley
   It's been a long time since I've heard from you.
        Ladies and Gentlemen here is a man who knows his Assembly stuff!  We need to get an article from you Tom; something about the early history years.
         I remember waiting for Tom to get my ride home to the Valley and listening to GG give both barrels to Tom in the Leading Bros. meeting.  Sometimes it sounded like it would come to blows, but the only voice I could hear was GG's.
        I also owe Tom a debt of gratitude for helping me so much when I first left the Assembly.  I was an emotional wreck and his help, along with others, was very helpful.
                                       God Bless,  Mark
Terry L Huffman

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2002, 07:44:11 pm »

Greetings to all:
I wd. also like to say hello and thanks again to Tom Maddux and Steve Irons. They were willing to speak with me by tele. about 10 years ago after I read the Enroth book(Churches That Abuse) and for the first time really began to deal with my assembly past.
Terry Huffman
trockman

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2002, 08:26:50 pm »

Hello Everyone

I would also like to thanks to Tom, Steve, Mark, Lee and many others who were willing to speak up years ago.  Although at the time, it seemed that The Assemby was able to put a lid on things, now the word is going to get out, and along with the current mess, something just might happen that will lead to recovery.  We shall see. At the least, many people have been able to get free, and Quite a few have regained their faith, after being devastated by the "ministry."

So, Tom, Mark, Steve, Lee, Dave, David Cook, and many others, THANK YOU!

Brent
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2002, 09:19:46 am »

Hello:
This is not an accusation, but rather an appeal to others to consider and perhaps even let me know what Ishould think about the following experience.
   I lived in a brothers house and a "sister" living there approached me with a question. She told me that she was privately massaging George's hands and feetand how did I feel about that!? Evidently it must have seemed wrong to her to be doing this, and she trusted me enough to bounce it off of me. Unfortunately, all that I could do then is mutter some inanity about George being godly, so it must be all right, etcetera. Although I tended to trust George even less after this, I kept it to myself. A few years later I left the assembly and contacted some ex-members. A local ex-member, who took dictation from George, said that one day when she went to work with George she had to sit in a room by herself and take dictation while George and a "sister" were alone together in the next room. George was getting his hands and feet rubbed all the while giving dictation and asked her: "does this bother you sister?" She told me that she could only say no, that it didn't bother her, but even as she said this she was "burning up inside." She, by the way, left fellowship a little later on. For brevity's sake I will simply state that there was yet a third "sister" from a different assembly who also knew about George getting "rubs" from "sisters". It is a known fact that George travels with female secretaries. What possesses a man that often preaches on "avoiding even the appearance of evil" to do these things? Any average married man wouldn't be wise to do these things, and here we have someone who considers himself "the Servant of the Lord" acting like King Henry the Eighth. Billy Graham has had a long-standing policy of not being alone with another woman excepting his wife. There is an obvious deduction one could make from this kind of behavior, but I will left it unsaid and wait for others input. You ladies out there, what do you think?
Yours,

Sebastian Andrew
Ex-Assembly Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2002, 05:23:39 am »

I used to live with Timothy Geftakys and his family.  One day, when I was all alone with Tim in the house, he asked me to massage his back.  I did so, but I felt so dirty afterwards.  After that experience, if Tim and I were in the house together, aslone, I would stay in my bedroon until the others came home.
David Mauldin
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2002, 02:18:42 am »

In almost all of the parallel groups (groups similiar to the assembly) I have read about Sex abuse  has gone on.  A sister who lived in Tims house told me about some stuff going on  between his wife and the sisters that I will not repeat.  But I suspect she was telling the truth.
sue xander

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2002, 07:37:25 pm »

I think that George's books were great if you wanted to go to bed early.  I esp. loved the fact that he called himself a poet.  He and Danny Edwards are the only 2 that believe that!
trockman

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2002, 08:39:07 pm »

Does anyone remember this seminar and the poem that went with it?
Really incredible, so deep that no one could ever explain it to me.  I I only had the capacity.....
matt sciaini

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2003, 07:33:46 am »

Dear Brent:

No.  There is no book by the name "Care of Souls", though there was a seminar by that name (my first, Winter 1987)--in my opinion the most memorable I went to--in a good way.
But a few years afterwards it appeared as a series in the Torch.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: