AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 02:23:32 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pinkberry  (Read 3901 times)
Vandyyke
« on: August 17, 2008, 05:32:25 am »

http://www.pinkberry.com/html/pbmain.php

Anyone know anything about Pinkberry? Whenever we walk by this place it's always packed. When is it going public?
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 08:49:48 pm »

Yes, I know something about Pinkberry.

My company delivers to their stores and there are two in the San Diego area.  They just opened a new one in the Hillcrest area (where there is no place to park a car, much less a big truck!).  The other store is at the Hard Rock Hotel in the Gaslamp district of downtown (another pain in the neck spot for parking).

I have not sampled their product (though I'm always willing to do my part for customer service if they were to offer some free samples  Wink).  Frozen yogurt with all kinds of tasty toppings is their niche.

You may want to think twice about buying their stock (I don't know if they are public yet, but with their name I imagine they are at least on the "Pink sheets"  Grin).  Mrs. Fields just filed for bankruptcy and she also owns a frozen yogurt chain like Pinkberry.  Once the novelty wears off these things have a nasty habit of taking a dive (as in Krispy Kreme).

Restaurants are having a hard time right now, though the hotel restaurants in San Diego seem to be doing great (they are full and charge high prices).  Take a look at a stock like Marriott, Hilton (not Paris  :rofl:), and the like if you are looking at this area for a stock purchase.

God Bless,  Mark C.
Vandyyke
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 05:13:46 am »

They are @ Fashion Island. Always crowded. If you put a "stop sale" how can you lose?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: