AssemblyBoard
April 19, 2024, 09:00:01 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: springfield  (Read 21318 times)
todd

Email
« on: January 22, 2003, 07:15:40 pm »

does anyone know what is happening in the springfield IL assembley?  whos in or out?
Vicki Oldani

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 07:53:45 pm »

Hi Linda,
   This is Vicki and I have thought and dreamt of you a thousand times.  Have never stopped loving you and Chubby and will always be grateful to you for your love and kindness to me in the early days.  Let's talk.  Vicki
Vicki Oldani

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 12:34:25 am »

Hey Verne,
Did you really think I would ever throw my own live tape recording of us away?  Not on your life.  Let's talk soon.  Vicki
psalm51

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 12:49:18 am »

This Vicki (guest) seems like a nice person. I think she should join! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Love you, Vick
Pat
see you soon!
todd

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 07:49:58 am »

Hi Vicki  What a pleasant surprise.  How are you ?  Where are you?  How are your kids?  Mom , Dad, sister?  Its been a lot of years and wonderful memories.  Cindy, Kellie and I all have some good laughs because Kellies oldest daughter reminds us of you.  Thick hair and other things so we all think of you often.  Chubby has his favorite story of you and how you ate the cake on one of your cleaning jobs.  He tells it often.  I would love to talk  In person?  On phone?  On line? just let me know.  Love Linda and Family
Robert E. Beasley

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2003, 08:54:44 am »

Hi Vicky, Linda, Chuck (that's what we call him now)! Hope all is well with you. Doesn't this whole website make you think how great it will be "when we allllllll get to heaven"? Remember the song? I hope we'll all be able to catch up in person!

Bob Beasley (son not dad).
CLinne

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2003, 06:18:20 am »

Vicki Oldani???  Wow!   Cheesy  I've been thinking of you and your family, wondering how you are doing.  I enjoyed our time tog. last summer so much...sharing a cabin and chatting.  If you have a chance, email me...I'd love to hear from you.  CFLinne@yahoo.com
Hugs!  -Christine
4Him

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2003, 06:30:17 am »

does anyone know what is happening in the springfield IL assembley?  whos in or out?

Hi Linda Todd, et al,

Here's part of a post I did last night to try to encourage Ken Fuller of St. Louis who started a thread called, "Frustration, Anger, Weariness".  This is (at least my version of) what has occurred in Springfield:

I have a testimony that I hope will encourage you (and others).  It is something that was almost unthinkable only a week ago:

Here in Springfield, there has been real clearing.  I went, for the first time since January 5, to the meeting of the "Geftakys" assembly here.  After talking to a brother (former "elder" there) and his wife Saturday, I had total peace about going.  Also another family who had left shortly after us also came.  It was intended to be a short time of discussion followed by prayer and praise.  What it became was each brother and sister there sharing promises and the burden on their hearts about what they are seeing and what is and has been going on.

Many of these dear brothers and sisters in Christ, up until a few days ago, did not acknowledge anything more than the problem with George and David.  For the most part they had kept totally away from the websites and had read nothing, not even Rachel's story.

Within the past week the two remaining "leading brothers" that had not recognized how they'd been internally affected by "Geftakysism" finally came to see and stepped down and/or left.

Everyone here in the Springfield assembly has now at least begun to see that there is a core problem that personally affects them.  They have all come out of denial and are at varying stages of seeing it.  There was unanimous agreement that the Lord has brought this assembly to a close.  This was all done in a spirit of love, friendship, repentance, liberty, hope and joy!

So there you are.  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 18, 2003, 08:06:46 am by Tim Souther » Logged
Robert E. Beasley

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2003, 08:04:49 pm »

Tim,

Thanks for filling us all in.

Bob.
Arlene

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2003, 02:44:20 am »

In Springfield, IL., the lord is working and as Tim Grin  Kiss said in his post there has been a real clearing.
The sisters have been a big help and blessing to our familey, with my recent neck surgery, by preparing food and keeping in touch with my recovery.
Rumpelstiltskin

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 03:52:15 am »

I'd love an update. Did any former members maintain contact with one another?
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 03:56:17 am »

I'd love an update. Did any former members maintain contact with one another?

Hey, Rump (sorry, but you need a shorter handle, dude!),

Not too many Springfieldites here. Tim Souther pops in occasionally but he's the only one I know of for sure.

S
Nancy Newswander

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2004, 12:11:21 am »

I'm not sure what you are asking???  There is no longer an assembly in Springfield.  I have close contact with one particular family there.  The more time that they have been "out", the more they have been able to recognize how much they were affected by George and his warped teachings/thinking.

The ex-assembly people there still remain friends with each other.  Some need more time than others to filter through what all happened, but for the most part, people are involving themselves with other churches, and are doing well.  Across the board it seems the families are appreciating more time with their children.
Rumpelstiltskin

Email
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2004, 01:20:28 am »

Nancy:
That's basically what I was asking, thanks. I know that there were some strained relationships at the end and I am wondering if anything has changed in that department. Also, I'm interested in the people who need more time to recover, as I am one of them.

I'm glad to hear that people are gradually understanding. That was something I've worried about for my own family, and since I'm in college, I am not up to date on their progress. Perhaps the healing process of others, especially other LB/Ws, will shed some light on the general process that my parents are probably going through. So if anyone has any information on changing perspectives, I'd love to hear it.

I just wanted to get the request out there, in case anyone has more info than I do. Thanks!

Scott:
But the story has so many parallels to our (collective) experience. I'm willling to go by Rump. It's a sacrifice I can make for the truth. (satire) Smiley
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2004, 01:27:41 am »

Scott:
But the story has so many parallels to our (collective) experience. I'm willling to go by Rump. It's a sacrifice I can make for the truth. (satire) Smiley

OK, then, "Rump" it is! Grin

S

PS - Are you a Railsplitter?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: