AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 06:55:56 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Midwest Assembly Kids  (Read 35432 times)
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2003, 10:25:52 am »

Aunt Brenda,

Or even better, you can grab Tami and the grandsons and meet us at the park!

Scott
brenhenil

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2003, 02:16:01 am »

Scott,

I will definitely work on that plan.

Brenda
lemonlime

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2003, 04:23:54 am »

hey i wanna come! good question luke, i was thinking the same thing  Grin count me in!! (after negotiations with my parents anyway)
auntiefluffy
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2003, 06:00:05 pm »

Hi Brenda. *Ü*
Did Tami have her baby?  Can't remember if she was due in Dec. or Jan.  I saw her at Casey's when i went in to pick up a pizza.

It would be great if she could come.  
blessings,
jada
brenhenil

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2003, 07:52:56 am »

Yes, Tami had a boy, Brayden Kenneth.  9 lbs  21 inches long.  He is a good baby.  Wink
She is back to work, so you should be able to run into her at Casey's.
Robert E. Beasley

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2003, 03:33:48 am »

As for location, how about we set up a big tent in downtown Tuscola and all march there carrying signs and singing along the way?

Bob.

P.S. Enjoy reading all your posts. Hope everyone is doing well.
brad

Email
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2003, 03:59:22 am »

Is that THE Bob Beasely Jr....PhD ? Great to hear from you...

Sounds groovey...but I must insist on wearing a white oxford long sleeved dress shirt and a nice polyester tie...not to mention finding my old 20lb Oxford King James Bible and holding shoulder height the entire time...! Oh, and NO ONE CAN SMILE...during our evangelism time.

Of course Scott and I agreed earlier that we have to find and show the old scare the beeezzzeeessusss out of you "Tribulation" films on 16mm...so our kids can go sleepless for 3 years like we did Roll Eyes

Remember that ? Cutting off the saints heads in the parking lot of the church? YIKES>>>> I think that was in a tent on Main and Sale Street when I was about 4 or 5 years old. Old fashioned days or something?

Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2003, 05:35:11 am »

Bob,

Hey, cuz! Wondered when you'd be on here! I was just planning on bragging on you and the boys tonight to some Assembly Kids (current) from the Midwest who are really into contemporary Christian.

Then I come home and pull out my Tuscola Review and there you guys are on the front page. What's sad is my kids didn't know your kids. I told Austin you were "the cousin who could yo-yo!" He remembered that!

Maybe we'll see you guys at the reunion?

And maybe you'll weigh in on the board with some relevant history, experience and doctrine? Grin

Scott
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2003, 06:08:23 am »

Bob,

Hey, cuz! Wondered when you'd be on here! I was just planning on bragging on you and the boys tonight to some Assembly Kids (current) from the Midwest who are really into contemporary Christian.

Jars of Clay are touring in the area (illinois) in the middle of next month.  If the Teen and Teachers conference falls thru, i will most likely be going to their concerts on both the 15th and 16th.

Just a heads up if you are interested in listening to good CCM Smiley
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2003, 06:12:48 am »

Luke,

Appreciate it, bro. However, I live in Florida!

You ought to see my cousin (Robert Beasley) play with his FOUR sons aged 4 to 10. They all play instruments, sing, etc.

A good mix of some classical secular rock and contemporary Christian stuff. They travel some on weekends and play at church's, etc.

The name of the band is 4th Normal Form. I'm betting that makes more sense to you than to me!

I'm going to look up their website for later. Very cool family!

Scott
jesusfreak

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2003, 06:49:53 am »

Luke,

Appreciate it, bro. However, I live in Florida!

yeah....... Smiley
auntiefluffy
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2003, 09:39:59 am »

Of course Scott and I agreed earlier that we have to find and show the old scare the beeezzzeeessusss out of you "Tribulation" films on 16mm...so our kids can go sleepless for 3 years like we did

Remember that ? Cutting off the saints heads in the parking lot of the church? YIKES>>>> I think that was in a tent on Main and Sale Street when I was about 4 or 5 years old. Old fashioned days or something?
{hope i did that right}  Undecided

Brad, this made me laugh out loud.  I think i still have nightmares about that.  Grin Just kidding.     Those were hard to watch and if fear was the desired result, it was obtained.

Guess we all have that memory in common. Wink

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi Bob",  "Congratulations, Brenda and Tami", and "park sounds great, Scott.  Want to make this as easy as possible on everyone."

blessings and peace,
jada

Robert E. Beasley

Email
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2003, 03:56:00 am »

Hi again guys.

The boys and I will be playing in PA on June 21-22, so we won't be able to make it to Tuscola then. Then, we hope to travel down and perform in NC and FL. We'll see if the Lord opens those doors.

Jada, missed you when we were in IL a couple of weekends ago. Saw your mom and Dick. How long has it been? 10, 15 years? How is Olen and the kids?

Scott, didn't see you last time we were in FL (last summer). Mom & Dad hadn't heard from you for awhile then.

Brad! Good to hear from you! Did we all have some great times growing up? Won't mention any names, but we all surely remember certain ones falling asleep during meetings, picking noses, etc. Someone was always making us laugh.

I also remember, VERY EARLY ON, when we kids (i.e., Kerns, Maxeys, Beasleys, maybe you all too) got to sit on the stairs during meetings at the House of Promise. I also remember when we got to lay down on the floor during worship. Grin

My favorite movies of the day? A Thief in the Night & A Distant Thunder. They were SO GOOD, man. Sooooo, how you say, seventiesville. Groovy! Never really lost sleep from them like some of you. I was a LITTLE older (maybe 12 or 13?).

You all have my e-mail address, fill me in on what is going on in your lives. I'd love to hear from all you.

Bob.

auntiefluffy
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2003, 08:09:29 pm »

Hi Mia!  How are you?  Where are you living?  Married, children?    We still only have 2 but are still praying and hoping for more.  Olen and I celebrated our 19th anniversary this week and it doesn't seem like i should be old enough for that.  Wink

Bob, i remember sitting on the stairs at the House of Promise, too.  That was great fun......til we got in trouble. {which we always seemed to do}   Grin

Jennifer, sorry i haven't gotten back to you yet.  We have been busy.  Leah is still homeschooled and Ryan has been sick.  He had bronchitis {sp?} for a week and then was well for a couple of days and now has started to relapse.  rutsa frutsa. Angry       So, time for antibiotics, which i don't like to do.    Anyway....... give me another call if is don't get back to you soon.  I'm not ignoring you, really.  I DO want to talk to you. Smiley

ok,  waffle iron and waffle batter is ready and waiting for me in the kitchen and i have a daughter who is pacing.

blessings and much peace to you all,
jada
cindytodd

Email
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2003, 05:47:05 am »

hey
there is a nasty rumor that someone has part of "Little Pilgrams Progress" play on film. and we sill don't know why any of the midwest kids did not make it BIG in Hollywood. soon to be for sale on ebay.   Grin
cindy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: