AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 10:51:44 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LOVE QUIZ  (Read 4295 times)
Sunshine_Praise
« on: May 01, 2006, 09:37:28 pm »

Roll Eyes
                      Love Quiz

Asking yourself questions and answering them honestly is a good path to self-knowledge.

In keeping with this idea, I’d like to propose a few end-of the -day question for each of us.

Did I leave any concrete evidence of my kindness, any sign of my Love?

Did I try to think of someone I know in a more positive light?

Did I help someone to feel joy, to laugh, or at least, to smile?

Have I attempted to remove a little of the rust that is corroding my relationships?

Have I gone through the day without fretting over what I don't have and celebrating the things I do have?

Have I forgiven others for being less than perfect?

Have I forgiven my self?

Have I learned something new about life, living or love?"

If you are not satisfied with your answers, take heart.

Tomorrow you get to start all over again!  If you will it, this is one quiz you can never fail. 

If I am to be entitled to my happiness, I must not only earn it for my self, but dispense it. 

Collossians 2:2-4
Sunshine_Praise
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 07:54:12 pm »

Grin The delicate balance of feelings  Grin

We are all emotional beings.

We have feelings about even the most insignificant experiences. 

But even when we are not certain of what we are feeling, our emotions still have the power to dictate our actions.

They act as a guide and a stimulus for response. 

To a degree, we have control over our feelings we can either express or repress them.

How we do this says much about our mental health.

We generally survive our feelings no matter how they are expressed, but we must live with the consequences.

We can leave a situation with a positive afterglow or we can leave a swath of destruction.

We can be delicate and diplomatic and hold our emotions in check or we can give them free rein with a no holds-barred philosophy.

Intelligence and sensitivity remain our best guides. 

Feelings are essential to life and their appropriate expression is the balance to sustain it.

Emotions have taught mankind to reason.

1Corinthians 16:13
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 07:58:47 pm by Sunshine_Praise » Logged
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 05:33:11 am »

Hi Rachel,
( I have narrowed my choice to Rachel in my addressing you as you have not answered my request as to which name you prefer me to use.)

This is a rather interesting and sublime bit of reflection on your part (along with a couple of others) that bears a sharp contrast to your expression in other posts.

Are you interested in having a conversation re. your comments on the BB?  I ask this for several reasons:

1.) A Bulletin Board is designed as a means of conversation and does not exist as a private blog.  It is impolite in such an environment to be non-responsive.

2.) This BB is designed to discuss issues re. the Assembly of GG, though it may wander at times, and because of this questions re. how your posts relate to that subject should be answered, at least occasionally.

I imagine you have posted as a means to tell the readers something and without the abiity for us to ask you about what you mean, and how that might relate to our interests here, you may be just filling the BB with mysteries in a foreign tongue.

Thanks so much and God Bless,  Mark C.

Mark C.

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 05:59:30 am »

Hi Marcia!

This topic appears to be open and working just fine. 

God Bless,  Mark C.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: