AssemblyBoard
April 23, 2024, 01:04:35 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: George Geftakys Excommunicated?  (Read 8724 times)
Oscar

Email
« on: January 20, 2003, 06:17:43 am »

This morning at church I ran into some folks who have exited from the assembly.  One of them told me that this morning a letter was to be read in the Fullerton Assembly excommunicating George Geftakys for reasons OTHER THAN the Dave Geftakys cover up.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Tom Maddux
Oscar

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 07:33:39 am »

Well,
You have probably read the letter.  It was true.

God bless,
Tom Maddux
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 07:42:37 am »

I hope you are right. That would be the one thing I can see as evidence of serious change.
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2003, 07:45:37 am »

As bad as this is, please remember that there are many more sins that need to be addressed - and not just George's.  There are LB's that still need to not only repent but provide restoration.

Think about this:  the leadership JUST found out about GG's adultery and acted immediately....why didn't they act immediately when they were told of the David/Judy problem?  There isn't just one 'scapegoat' here, the sins are more widespread than just one man.

We need to pray that ALL of the darkness comes to light.
Scott McCumber

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 07:52:04 am »

Correct again, PeacefulG! But know this, the leadership MAY have just obtained PROOF of George's adultery, but I was told many years ago that that would prove to be his downfall. People knew. Either it was another cover up - likely - or no one wanted to find out for sure.
editor
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2003, 08:58:06 am »

Hey you guys!

Please understand that the fullerton leadership, all of them, stepped down today.

Dear Friends, let me assure you that this is real.  I know, and THEY know that this is not over.  Have patience, the Lord is working.

I, the most skeptical of all, am completely satisfied, along with my pastor, and Chuck Vanesse, who is no friend of the Geftakys ministry.  Today is a day of rejoicing, tomorrow the work of resoration will begin.

Brent Tr0ckman Smiley
editor
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2003, 09:03:46 am »

Vengence is Mine, sayeth The Lord!

The important thing to remember here is that God has clearly interceded in this matter.  It wasn't a website, and it wasn't "sincere brethren," standing, it was God, intervening for the cries of His little ones.

Great deliverance has occurred, and what fate befalls George is in God's hands.  Who knows what will happen?

We need to pray, not gloat.  I am not going to take pleasure in anyones destruction, but I will rejoice in God's deliverance!

Brent
Peacefulg

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2003, 09:18:33 am »

Brent, has the former LBs in Fullerton said why they stepped down, have any still contacted Judy and Rachel?

Or is all this to come in the restoration you were talking about?

George
Oscar

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2003, 10:00:27 am »

Vengence is Mine, sayeth The Lord!

The important thing to remember here is that God has clearly interceded in this matter.  It wasn't a website, and it wasn't "sincere brethren," standing, it was God, intervening for the cries of His little ones.

Great deliverance has occurred, and what fate befalls George is in God's hands.  Who knows what will happen?

We need to pray, not gloat.  I am not going to take pleasure in anyones destruction, but I will rejoice in God's deliverance!

Brent

Amen Brent, that is the attitude we all should have.
God will deal with George Geftakys, that is not our job.
God bless,
Thomas Maddux
trockman

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2003, 10:03:34 am »

Hello Everyone!

I am going to post much less frequently now.  Daily, I am sure, but not nearly so often.

I must take some time to get re-aquainted with my wife, and after that my sailboat, Andante.  I will also be working diligently to see that Rachel and Judy are treated properly, and PROMPTLY!

Thank you all for your prayers.  Pray for the restoration of families, there are many who have been broken up as a result of the abuse, and God wants to restore all of them.

Brent
lemonlime

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2003, 10:43:47 am »

i'm completely amazed.

I spoke with a teen from one of the chicago Lodges today. Her parents have decided to stay, however they are allowing her to goto a different church. Praise the Lord! I have been praying for her for quite some time, and God has answered this prayer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: