AssemblyBoard
April 27, 2024, 02:29:50 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Ruth" and related matters.  (Read 20474 times)
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2005, 10:16:02 pm »

No need to apologise Al. Posting a link without commentary or explanantion on this BB is discourteous and contemptuous of those posting here. One of the board moderators has already made it clear to her that this practice is unacceptable. This is a person, self-righteous posturing and condemnation of others notwithstanding, who clearly considers herself subject to no one, and beyond all correction and/or entreaty.
Leave her alone. I agree with you completely, that it is not worth the time nor the effort...

Actually, I didn't "apologise"-- I apologiZed-- all you islanders & Canucks with your Brit spellings were just left out in the cold! Grin Grin

But seriously, my apology was not for the point of my post, nor for my attitude in making it, but for my poor choice in the use of language.  That is important in my thinking because, as I view it, far too many assy survivors and refugees suffer yet today an inability to cope with certain phraseology (or to even open God's Word) because of the abuses of language and scriptural terminology they have suffered in the past.  For this reason, I make an extra effort to be as clear as possible.

I have been thinking about starting a thread called "Basic Doctrines".
Some of the remarkable confusion you see, and in my view the vast majority if heretical ideas stem from a failure to grasp some of the most basic and fundamental truths of the faith. In fact, in many of the neo-evangelical seminaries, there has been abandonment of such fundamental tenets as propitiation, which a failure to rightly understand IMHO, leads to many of the most common errors regarding the nature of salvation. A good place to start is a consideration of the Biblical teaching of justification...what exactly does that term mean? A lot of folk think they know but clearly by their stated ideas  have no clue...

Count on me as a reader/participant.
vernecarty
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2005, 11:40:10 pm »

Actually, I didn't "apologise"-- I apologiZed-- all you islanders & Canucks with your Brit spellings were just left out in the cold! Grin Grin

Well.....EXCUUUUZZZZZZEE ME!   Grin

Count on me as a reader/participant.

Chime in... Smiley

Verne
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 09:28:00 am »

It appears that Frankensondra has deleted all her nasty, viscous "Ruth" postings. I can't find them anywhere.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: