AssemblyBoard
April 20, 2024, 08:11:59 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Buchmann's "Unscriptural" Leaving of the Assembly  (Read 16289 times)
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2003, 07:37:14 am »

Heaven forbid George would be a gracious guest and just wear slippers.  NO he had to change entire household routines on a regular basis to prove they were willing to serve him...er...God.

First Betty, now George.  What is this lodge coming to?  Could we assume the trinity from the lodge perspective was George, Betty, and the "children"?  Or, was it more likely a god, goddess, and their "creation"?  

I realize George and Betty haven't sinned for a long time (according to them), but I do remember Betty's short temper.  She flew off in anger every other day for a week at a brother's house in the valley lodge.  At the time I was perplexed, not anymore...  Smiley
gracetruth

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2003, 01:24:25 pm »

He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys.

John 8:7  But as they continued to ask Him, He lifted Himself up and said to them, He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.

Mat 7:2  For with whatever judgment you judge, you shall be judged; and with whatever measure you measure out, it shall be measured to you again.

John 16:2  They shall put you out of the synagogue. But an hour is coming that everyone who kills you will think that he bears God service.

1 Peter 3:9-10  Never give back evil for evil, or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, giving blessing, knowing that you are called to this so that you might inherit blessing. For he that wants to love life and to see good days, let him restrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking guile.
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2003, 01:36:00 pm »

Gracetruth,

I presume your post is in defense of George Geftakys.  After reviewing your other verse-filled posts, it seems like you are defending George and so I will proceed in my response to that end.  Your use of the scriptures is very much in keeping with the Geftakys style.  I’ve noticed your first nine postings quoted verses for the most part.  It has been said before, but I will repeat it, your verses are quoted out of context.

He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at George Geftakys.

John 8:7  But as they continued to ask Him, He lifted Himself up and said to them, He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.
No one is throwing a stone a George.  However, George needs to step down from leadership.  In the context of this passage, the woman was certainly not a leader of the synagogue.  Neither should George be of any assembly.

Mat 7:2  For with whatever judgment you judge, you shall be judged; and with whatever measure you measure out, it shall be measured to you again.

That is quite true.  If one man is an adulterer and he condemns another, such as George Geftakys, the first will be judged by the measure he judged George.  Your argument is pointless!  Do you know of adultery by leaders who condemned George?  Their adultery needs to be brought to the light then.  However, to carelessly throw a verse on the bulletin board in order to imply something or, perhaps, condemn others is an erroneous and careless way to handle the Word of God.  Indeed, every careless word will be judged.  (Matthew 12:35-37 “The good man out of his good treasure brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of his evil treasure brings forth what is evil.  And I say to you, that every careless word that men shall speak, they shall render account for it in the day of judgment.  For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned.”)  I know I have been careless in the past, but I have also repented of it, have you?

John 16:2  They shall put you out of the synagogue.  But an hour is coming that everyone who kills you will think that he bears God service.

Can you explain this?  Who are you referring to?  If to George, well no one has killed George!  Regarding his sins, he has invalidated his position as a shepherd of God’s people.  In Titus 1:5-9 it says, “For this reason I left you in Crete, that you might set in order what remains, and appoint elders in every city as I directed you, namely, if any man be above reproach, the husband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of dissipation or rebellion.  For the overseer must be above reproach as God’s steward, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not addicted to wine, not pugnacious, not fond of sordid gain, but hospitable, loving what is good, sensible, just, devout, self-controlled, holding fast the faithful word which is in accordance with the teaching, that he may be able both to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict.”

Dissipation n The state of being spread thin.  Dissolution (the act of lacking restraint; esp: loose in morals).

1 Peter 3:9-10  Never give back evil for evil, or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, giving blessing, knowing that you are called to this so that you might inherit blessing. For he that wants to love life and to see good days, let him restrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking guile.
It also says in Zechariah 8:16-17, “These are the things which you should do: speak the truth to one another; judge with truth and judgment for peace in your gates.  Also let none of you devise evil in your heart against another, and do not love perjury; for all these are what I hate,’ declares the LORD.”

I would say most ex-members on this bulletin are not paying evil for evil but rather are speaking the truth in love.  Personally, I would rather that all involved would repent and be fully restored as well as those who have been hurt.  I would like George and his family to repent.  I would like for everyone who has been stumbled to be restored.

Now to address you, Gracetruth.  Who are you?  Are you afraid to reveal your identity?  In I John 4:18-19 it says, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.  We love, because He first loved us.”  God loves you and you can post, with your identity, without fear.  (I am supposing you are not in fear of judgment)  It also says in, I John 1:7 “but if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.”
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2003, 02:05:26 pm »

I would like to add to my previous post.

In the context of this passage, the woman was certainly not a leader of the synagogue.  Neither should George be of any assembly.

I've noticed it is very common for the assembly to identify with afflicted individuals in the Bible.  I've heard various leaders refer to themselves as "persecuted Joseph", "like an Elijah", and other such nonsense.  Often they proceed to "fit" their life to the life of one of the patriarchs or a new testament person.  This is a very cultish thing to do.  As the cults also revel in their identification with biblical characters.
The problem with this is they usually have to so tweak their lives in order to "fit the mold", that the end result is a presentation in self-justification.

The woman in the above passage was truly forgiven and allowed to start anew.  The same is offered to all.  However, the leaders need to step down.  They need to repent and start anew.  It's available to them.  But if they harden their hearts, their only expectation will be the wrath of God.

Hebrews 3:7-11  "Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says, Today if you hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as when they provoked Me, As in the day of trial in the wilderness, Where your fathers tried Me by testing Me, And saw My works for forty years.  Therefore I was angry with this generation, And said, They always go astray in their heart; And they did not know My ways; As I swore in My wrath, They shall not enter My rest."
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2003, 09:32:58 pm »

Hi Eric!
  Good answers!
    Public congratulations to Loretta and you re. your new baby! Smiley Smiley  She's a cutie! Smiley
                               God Bless,  Mark
Rudy

Email
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2003, 10:04:17 pm »

Just a thought on the 'throwing stones thing'.

As was pointed out here or on one of the other strings:

No one is intending to commit murder. The thought of 'Love'
seems to be misused. Over the years the thought of 'Tough
Love' has been presented. People are expressing themselves.

Now, if it was without 'Love', the persons being accused, if they
haven't already been indicted would have been physically stoned.

They are receiving 'grace'. They have the opportunity to make things
right. Then comes the judgement. Don't judge us 'too harshly' - we are
being faithful to uncover darkness. If anyone feels threatened, that is
totally a personal issue - in their mind.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2003, 10:19:58 pm by Rudy » Logged
4Him

Email
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2003, 11:46:10 pm »

Eric,
I would recommend removing gt's off topic post from this thread except for your excellent reply to him.  Keep it up!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: