AssemblyBoard
April 18, 2024, 09:53:07 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alcohol vs Marijuana  (Read 13350 times)
editor
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2005, 11:16:33 pm »

I have another question here. With so many communities becoming smoke free because of the effects of second hand smoke. Smoking pot must have the same lung damage to the smoker and to second hand smokers.{??}
There are producers of pot now are making or putting in other stuff to make the pot more potent and addictive.  So maybe the evident of damage of pot will be causing warning bells to ring louder.

Here is something I do know about.  The amount of particles, "tar," in pot is much greater than in a commercially made cigarrette.  There is no telling what chemicals were used in the growing of the plant, or whether it came into contact with any number of things like diesel fuel, that a person wouldn't want to smoke.  The lung damage from smoking pot is the most powerful argument for its danger, IMHO.  It is also one of the reasons given by those who want to legalize it....legal pot would be "healthier."

I guess the point Im trying to make is that if you were to walk into a room where ten people were drunk, and ten people were high, you could pick out the drunk ones, but would have trouble finding the high ones.  The impairment produced by pot is far less than that of alchohol.

The long term effects of alchohol is death, preceded by the destruction of one's family, wealth and reputation. 
The long term effects of marijuana seem to be far less severe.

10 dollars worth of alchohol, which can be purchased while filling up the gas tank, is enough to kill you.  It's perfectly legal, and billions of dollars are spent trying to sell more alchohol.

10 dollars worth of pot is enough to get you and a few friends mildly "buzzed," but no one will die.  However, it is illegal and billions of dollars are spent prosecuting those who do so.

I think getting purposefully intoxicated is stupid, but I also think the laws regarding these two drugs are even more foolish.

Brent

David Mauldin
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2005, 12:00:40 am »

Mark "getting in the car with Otis" Now that's a rush!!!!!    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy    Which just affirms  my conclusions about recreational drugs. Life has too much to offer to go through it impaired. There are too many good books to read, too many hikes to go on, beaches to explore, romantic evenings with my wife etc....The experiences we get from drugs may just be artificial means of what we can really experience without them.
editor
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2005, 12:04:30 am »

Mark "getting in the car with Otis" Now that's a rush!!!!!    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy    Which just affirms  my conclusions about recreational drugs. Life has too much to offer to go through it impaired. There are too many good books to read, too many hikes to go on, beaches to explore, romantic evenings with my wife etc....The experiences we get from drugs may just be artificial means of what we can really experience without them.

Drugs bad.

Is that label OK?

Medicine good/bad.
Hemp sailing hat good.  Hemp cigarette bad.

Beer good.

3 beer bad.

Brent
David Mauldin
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2005, 12:28:59 am »

Well then again a little "mood enhancer" might not be all that bad!!!  Bob Marley only smoked two!!!

2 things I remember about SLO 1. The Gum wall!  2. The Hemp store! I am sure there is a connection!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2005, 01:38:07 am by David Mauldin » Logged
editor
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2005, 02:26:15 am »

Well then again a little "mood enhancer" might not be all that bad!!!  Bob Marley only smoked two!!!

2 things I remember about SLO 1. The Gum wall!  2. The Hemp store! I am sure there is a connection!

funny you should mention Mr. Marley.  He smoked nearly a pound a day, from what I have heard.  He died of a brain tumor.

People with good sense don't breathe the smoke from the campfire, or the brush fire.  Pot smokers breathe as deeply as they can, an unrefined, very coarse weed.  It doesn't make much sense to me, but I still don't think they should be in prison.

Brent
David Mauldin
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2005, 07:14:57 am »

Dude those were two really big FATTIES every day!

O.K. final story and I will shut up. A friend of mine from church (nicest guy, hard working family man) told me while in an Ansterdam park a policeman approached him, "What are you doing?"  His response, "I am smoking hash!"  the polceman, "Oh, O.K. just be carefull!  There are a lot of families around."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: