AssemblyBoard
June 17, 2024, 10:19:19 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we see some stats brian?  (Read 90588 times)
editor
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2003, 11:12:21 am »

Retread---

I've got news for you. You only THINK Harvey is running on the wheel at night. But Harvey isn't so amazing believe me. Harvey is a major backslider. He spins the wheel with one of his paws while he lays on his back daydreaming. I've seen it all before. He's a slacker.

Oh Fat Larry the hamster Jew
Harvey the wonder hamster has got nothin' on you.
You run on a wheel that's blessed and kosher
That backslider Harvey is only a poser.

You run on your wheel while reading the Torah
While Harvey lives in his backslidden Gomorrah.
Wearing a yamulke and keeping Holy Day
You look at Harvey and say OY VAY, OY VAY!!

Well, I've stooped about as low as I can go on this thread now, what next?

Well I confronted Harvey with your accusations, and he got very angry and denied everything.  He says that Larry is just trying to stir up trouble, and cause division in our happy home.  He also confirmed his belief that Larry is not even a hamster, but actually a mouse with possibly some rat mixed in there as well. He says that the proof is in the stats. I have no reason to doubt Harvey, but just to be sure, I think that I will put Harvey under video surveillance tonight to see what the truth really is.  I have no doubt that Harvey will be vindicated of these frivolous accusations that have been made against him.

the really sad thing here is that of the three hamsters, two of them are responsible for 99% of the wheel revolutions.  Isn't that just like this BB?

Larry is a kangaroo rat, not a hamster.  You can't have a Jewish hamster.  As for Harvey, how can you trust a hamster who spins the wheel with his hands and doesn't run on it?  That isn't right.

Come one golden, you KNOW you want to join in with the fun here.....it OK, go ahead.  Do you have a hamster?  A gerbil perhaps?

Statistically speaking most people live less than 80 years.  That means that of all the people over 100, most of them were less than 80, more than twenty years ago.

This means that virtually no one lives to be over one hundred years old, unless they live twenty years past eighty.  I wonder how many posts they'll have by then?

Oh, and congratulations on being eleventh Al.  You earned it.

Brent
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 11:13:52 am by Brent A. Trockman » Logged
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2003, 01:52:43 pm »

Statistically speaking most people live less than 80 years.  That means that of all the people over 100, most of them were less than 80, more than twenty years ago.

This means that virtually no one lives to be over one hundred years old, unless they live twenty years past eighty.  I wonder how many posts they'll have by then?

Oh, and congratulations on being eleventh Al.  You earned it.

Brent

Thanks, Brent.  Your stats, quoted above, have answered several questions that have troubled me for years, but have raised others.  For example, does it always take 20 years for an 80 year old person to become 100?  Every time someone becomes 81, does a 79 year old kick the bucket?  And if so, how long will that bucket last?  How many kicks can it take?  Possibly quite a few, as septagenarians don't kick very hard, statistically.

Do hamsters ever reach 80?  Gerbils?  Kangaroo rats?  Would 80 one-year-old rodents count?  How?  On their toes, or would they need abaci?  (abacuses?)

i don't really care about this stuff, but i gotta post if i hope to ever get back into the top ten!

al

golden

Email
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2003, 07:55:07 pm »

Brent A. Tr0ckman   790
Arthur   574
jesusfreak -=Luke S=-   415
vernecarty   402
Retread Again   379
Mark C.   369
Marcia   351
Joe Sperling   332
Emily St   310
Tom Maddux   291

total posts by top ten posters = 4213
Mark Kisla
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2003, 09:06:58 pm »

Brent A. Tr0ckman   790
Arthur   574
vernecarty   402
Retread Again   379
Mark C.   369
Marcia   351
Joe Sperling   332
Emily St   310
Tom Maddux   291

Mark Kisla  99

You know what's great ? no Leading Brothers have pulled me aside and entreated me to participate on this bb more often.
Hey TOP TENers, keep posting and thanks for the open forum where I'm welcome to participate as I choose.
vernecarty
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2003, 09:16:49 pm »

From Brent's post below:

Joe,

You are showing signs of independent thought.  This is not good.  We are all in this together, and as soon as one of us starts thinking we know something, well, we know nothing as we ought.  Capice?

Hey! I thought that was supposed to be KA-PEESH!
Of course my Italian has never been that good
...CHOW!  Grin
Verne
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 10:04:27 pm by vernecarty » Logged
M2
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2003, 09:18:05 pm »

Brent A. Tr0ckman   790
Arthur   574
vernecarty   402
Retread Again   379
Mark C.   369
Marcia   351
Joe Sperling   332
Emily St   310
Tom Maddux   291

Some of us have invited golden to discuss other topics with us, but golden is just ignoring our invitations. Bob Smith did the same to me. This is the same treatment I received when I attempted on a number of occasions to initiate conversation with various individuals here locally. I received the silent treatment. So I took my discussion to the BB. This golden guy is good. What self-control to stick to his agenda. What purpose to post his stats report. What determination and stick-atedness. What!? He is displaying some fruit. But the question is fruit of what?

Marcia - I continue to remain in the top ten though I am hoping that Joe will pass me soon.
golden

Email
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2003, 09:48:58 pm »

I like how many of the top ten are labeled by the board as
"overposter" and "out of control poster" or "full time poster"....interesting.
vernecarty
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2003, 10:14:16 pm »

I like how many of the top ten are labeled by the board as
"overposter" and "out of control poster" or "full time poster"....interesting.

So are you...!  Grin

Brent A. Tr0ckman   790
Arthur   574
vernecarty   402
Retread Again   379
Mark C.   369
Marcia   351
Joe Sperling   332
Emily St   310
Tom Maddux   291

Some of us have invited golden to discuss other topics with us, but golden is just ignoring our invitations. Bob Smith did the same to me. This is the same treatment I received when I attempted on a number of occasions to initiate conversation with various individuals here locally. I received the silent treatment. So I took my discussion to the BB. This golden guy is good. What self-control to stick to his agenda. What purpose to post his stats report. What determination and stick-atedness. What!? He is displaying some fruit. But the question is fruit of what?

Marcia - I continue to remain in the top ten though I am hoping that Joe will pass me soon.

Of course some assembly clones are still struggling with the changed terms of engagement. Back in the old days, the sheer weight of the institution conspired to brutally silence even a hint of dissent. This is what is truly so amazing about what Brent did.
On a forum like this, those who were accustomed to bullying others to their point of view have no idea what to do in an environment where there are others fully capable and more than  willing to fire right back. Interesting no? Ergo the only viable strategy is a furtive presence, staying safely and anonymously out of harm's way...slinking, as it were. Of course when the heat gets to be a bit too much you have the option of starting your own BB and seeing if any one comes. People like Golden are great for a laugh or two, not worth loosing any sleep over...don't begrudge what ever meagre satisfaction is being derived from this obviously mindless excercise...just keep smiling!  Smiley
Verne
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 11:35:47 pm by vernecarty » Logged
golden

Email
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2003, 10:53:12 pm »

nice touch and good example you are...those of you "leading posters" who have the ability to change my profile and tag it with "I'm a moran".  
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2003, 11:37:11 pm »

After Fat Larry's "operation" he was dubbed "Fat Larry Hamsterstein". It may sound blatantly stereotypical, but it's what Fat Larry wanted.

For more information on the statistical break-down of "hamster belief" please go to:

www.hamsterreligiouspreferences.com

There are some very interesting statistics on this site:
including the fact that the overwhelmingly favoite song preferred by  hamsters is "Wheel in the Sky" by Journey at a whopping 89%.

Jewish----56%
Christian- 29%
Muslim-----3%(including a small group of Al Qaeda Pet store terrorists)
Buddhist---1%
Hindu-------2%
Mormon---- 1%(believe the Garden of Eden was once located where "Bert's Pets & Things" now resides)
Jehovah's Witnesses---3%
other-----5%(includes some gerbil atheists, and a very small group of hamster "new agers").

I was surprised so many hamsters were Jewish.

--Joe
« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 11:38:56 pm by Joe Sperling » Logged
vernecarty
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2003, 11:37:56 pm »

nice touch and good example you are...those of you "leading posters" who have the ability to change my profile and tag it with "I'm a moran".  

Did you mean M-O-R-O-N?

Verne
retread

Email
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2003, 11:56:26 pm »

Well, I confronted Harvey with your accusations, and he got very angry and denied everything.  He says that Larry is just trying to stir up trouble, and cause division in our happy home.  He also confirmed his belief that Larry is not even a hamster, but actually a mouse with possibly some rat mixed in there as well. He says that the proof is in the stats. I have no reason to doubt Harvey, but just to be sure, I think that I will put Harvey under video surveillance tonight to see what the truth really is.  I have no doubt that Harvey will be vindicated of these frivolous accusations that have been made against him.

Well Joe, the good news is that after reviewing the surveillance tape it is clear that Harvey is not spinning the wheel with his paw while laying on his back.  However, I do have some unfortunate news to report.  You better sit down for this Joe.  The tape shows that Golda has been sneaking over to see Harvey at night, and spinning his wheel for him!  This also could help explain why Golda is not spinning her own wheel as she gets all of the spinning she needs from Harvey's.  Needless to say I was shocked, but do accept Harvey's defense that as long as the wheel is spun it doesn't matter how it is spun or who spins it.  But I will still ask you to please ensure that Golda's cage is locked securely at night, as it would probably still be better for Harvey to be the one who is doing the spinning.  Other than this, the rest of the tape was fairly uneventful, except for the fact that I was surprised that hamsters can dance the macarena.

p.s. Golden - now aren't you glad that you started this thread?  Smiley  BTW, do you have any stats on how many hamsters can dance the macarena?  I think that little Harvey may be a very special hamster!
retread

Email
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2003, 12:28:04 am »

Some of us have invited golden to discuss other topics with us, but golden is just ignoring our invitations. Bob Smith did the same to me. This is the same treatment I received when I attempted on a number of occasions to initiate conversation with various individuals here locally. I received the silent treatment.

Don't worry about Bob.  You probably wouldn't enjoy a conversation with him anyway.  He appears to have a very seriously warped view of reality, like this little gem that he accused you of on another site today: Shocked

She ended up doing anything she could to be accepted by Brent and Verne, even leave her family.  Very sad.

If this comes as surprising news to you, I am sure that its only because you live in a different reality than Bob.  There is no talking with these people, it just doesn't work and ends up in total frustration.  What planet are these folks from anyway?  Perhaps some professional help would bring them back to earth, I just don't know.

Huh
al Hartman

Email
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2003, 12:30:30 am »

Brent A. Tr0ckman   790
Arthur   574
vernecarty   402
Retread Again   379
Mark C.   369
Marcia   351
Joe Sperling   332
Emily St   310
Tom Maddux   291

Golden, you are just posting these stats because you got a late start on this BB & want to boost your # of posts, right? Roll Eyes

al Grin

vernecarty
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2003, 12:57:42 am »

She ended up doing anything she could to be accepted by Brent and Verne, even leave her family.  Very sad.

This gentleman is even more perverse than I surmised at first blush. How strange it is that the very people who wax eloquent about bitterness and lack of forgiveness being sinful will stoop to the most obscene of characterizations in their own assessment of others. This kind of vile bilge is just what I would expect from Bob Smith and other tranparent frauds of his ilk.  Marcia don't even let this idiot's shadow darken the light of God's grace in your thinking...
Verne
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 12:59:59 am by vernecarty » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
  Print  

Jump to: