AssemblyBoard
April 24, 2024, 09:40:52 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Then we all hugged and said goodbye  (Read 13942 times)
editor
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2003, 10:00:12 am »

Hello 4Him

You have hit on one of the main points in the whole messy affair.  Indeed, how hard can it be?  How long does it take?  There is a good reason why they haven't apologized yet, and that is because in order to do so they must all admit they did something wrong.  And a big thing at that!

Have you read the latest article?

I will have a great deal more to say in the coming days, right now I am still getting all of my facts together.  Oh, and yes, that's how I have always read Mat 5:24.

What is so hard about this, is that we must first humble ourselves in order to leave our gift and go and be reconciled.  That is exactly what these men need to do, but instead they are having prayer meetings every night next week.  I see this as a real tragedy, because they will all be fed with garbage every night, and get even more tired, and next thing you know, they'll believe the lie, AGAIN!!

You were wise to get out.

Brent
Terry L Huffman

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2003, 10:36:50 am »

Hello 4HIM:
Years ago I lived in a brothers house, and there was a minor disagreement between 2 brothers. An LB's wife got wind of it and told her husband. At the next house meeting the LB said that God spoke to him that it would be good to bring out disagreements in front of the group to discuss them (presumably to bring forth reconciliation). Then the LB, w/o knowing even whether or not the matter was settled already between the two began naming names and asking what the problem was. Immediately the Mat.5 scripture  was cast back at him about the 2 dealing with it amongst themselves by one of the 2 bros. involved. This LB was clearly wrong and quickly backtracked(not quite admitting that he was wrong) while his wife was earnestly defending him.
He tried to give some umph to his directive by telling us that God "spoke to him." I am pretty wary of that kind of statement nowadays.
It seems to me to be another example of an individual issue being "corporatized."
I am glad for you and your family.
Terry Huffman
Chris Kulig Lives

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2003, 06:18:57 am »

Hi Sue,

We'd like to actually talk with you personally and apologize. Your husband said in a recent email to me that you are not ready for that yet and he'd contact us when you were.

We are publically now saying before everyone by this posting that we are genuinely sorry for our actions concerning you.

Some of us were not in on this and some of us are as angry now as you were then. We are sorry, we believe we are starting to understand, and hope you will be willing to talk to us.

Our perception was, please remember, was affected by what we heard. Please forgive us for not understanding.

We wish you the best. Please pray for us as we consider how we are going to stand concerning all this. We are extremely upset by all this.

I hope we can make ammends and be friends again. Your husband and I really did have a friendship. I believe your's and Melanie's was real as well. Hope it can be again.

Sincerely,
Before the Lord,
Your Brother in Christ,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 12, 2003, 09:02:59 am by Chris Kulig Lives » Logged
sue xander

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2003, 09:10:18 pm »

To : Chris,

I must simply say that I accept your apology.  I thank you for it and for caring enough to give one.  Sue
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: