AssemblyBoard
May 02, 2024, 04:04:10 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Do We Have to Keep Our Commitments?  (Read 49627 times)
editor
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2003, 07:02:54 am »

So David told you about other peoples' sins?  Hmmmmmmm.... David told me explicitly last December that he NEVER divulged any confidential information to ANYONE (not even to other leaders).  David is the Lord's servant.  Therefore you must be lying. Grin

Jack

Jack

I am sad to say that I know all sorts of "information," about many, many people, due to David's discipling times.  How much of it is true is another matter.  Many times, I have come to find out, he was poisoning the well with his info, or he had an ulterior motive for telling me half of the truth.

Brent
BeckyW

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2003, 06:13:10 pm »

'Committments' made by many of us in the assembly were made without us being fully informed as to what we were committing to.  For instance, we made a committment to go on a summer team in 2000, unaware that a young man's parents had him intercepted from going on (I think) this same team, and 'deprogrammed' from the assemblies.  I'm almost certain that if we had had access to that information, we would have cancelled our 'committment' to go.  (Although I'm also pretty sure leadership would have explained it away somehow.)
Also, when we left the meetings here, an LB called to tell Phill, "Brother, you made a committment here.  It's like a marriage, you stay and work out the problems!"  
There's a huge difference.  Marriage was God's idea.  Turns out the assembly was George's idea.

Becky
M2
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2003, 06:16:30 pm »

Also, when we left the meetings here, an LB called to tell Phill, "Brother, you made a committment here.  It's like a marriage, you stay and work out the problems!"  

Becky,

I'd be interested to know what that same LB said to the brother who left recently; the brother who did stay and tried to work out the problems!

Marcia
BeckyW

Email
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2003, 06:28:32 pm »

Marcia,

I know what he didn't say.  He didn't say, "Thank you, brother, for your honesty and care and service.  Thank you for bearing long with us and trying to help us see where we might need to consider our ways.  We see it was the love of Christ motivating you to try and help us wake up.  We will miss you and your valuable contribution here.  God bless you and your family. "

He didn't say that.

Becky
golden

Email
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2003, 12:09:26 am »

Interesting thread here....I love the way people"know" what everyone else should say or do....

editor
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2003, 12:30:02 am »

Interesting thread here....I love the way people"know" what everyone else should say or do....

Hi  Golden

I like this thread too.  Isn't it great to be able to freely state the obvious?  Just being able to see straight is a relief.  Like when we were in the Assembly, and we were told by people to miss a friend's wedding, or not go to family functions during meeting times,  we should have been able to see the obvious and "know" what we should say or do.  But we didn't.

Now, many of these people are able to see, and have confidence in the difference between bondage and freedom,  grace and obligation.

It's great to be able to say to someone,  "You know what you should do?  You should get out of the cult you're in!"  Or, "You shouldn't be in bondage to what you think are your committments."

I am with you.  It is great that that people know what everyone else should say or do.

Brent A. Tr0ckman----alias  "Red"
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2003, 12:32:03 am »

Golden -

Yeah, the nerve of these people for saying what they really think or feel.

The only thing interesting here is moronic and condascending your post is.  Kind of similar to your other "brilliant" post mocking people who are having a hard time moving on.

After all that has happened, I liken Geftakys supporters to trash.
golden

Email
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2003, 12:48:42 am »

Yes...and all this edifying to the body of Christ.  I have no resentment or bitterness toward anyone..but these pages are dripping with spite.
...and the post always degrade to name calling.
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2003, 12:48:45 am »

This weekend I was pondering the subject of keeping commitments, and I remembered that in the Assembly, I was always taught to go the way of the cross, and that sometimes, keeping commitments was difficult, but that doesn't mean I should quit.  "The Lord doesn't like quitters, sister."  So, in order to be spiritual, I needed to go the way of the cross in light of the commitments I made.I remember making a commitment to go to all the meetings on Sundays.  When my mother would visit me in SLO, Iwas not able to miss any of the Sunday meetings to spend time with her, because of my commitment.  What a fool I was to put the Assembly before my own family!
editor
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2003, 12:58:57 am »

Yes...and all this edifying to the body of Christ.  I have no resentment or bitterness toward anyone..but these pages are dripping with spite.

You do make a good point Golden.  We should seek to edify, even if we must tear down first.  It should never stop at the tearing down, but should always proceed to building up the Body of Christ.

Can you give some examples of how we could improve?

Brent
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2003, 01:18:19 am »

The reality is that people are angry, bitter, spiteful, and embarassed that they were involved in a ministry that was more Satanic than Christ like.  They were fooled, and now have a right to express their feelings.  As a matter of fact, it would be unhealthy for them to not express their true feelings.
golden

Email
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2003, 01:30:19 am »

The reality is that people are angry, bitter, spiteful, and embarassed that they were involved in a ministry that was more Satanic than Christ like.  They were fooled, and now have a right to express their feelings.  As a matter of fact, it would be unhealthy for them to not express their true feelings.

OK. Well, I fully disagree with your statement. So where does that leave us?
editor
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2003, 01:36:49 am »

One of the fun things to do is to listen to what other people are saying and then say little things, just to irritate them.

It is more enjoyable when I play this game if I never offer anything of substance, but just repeat things like,  "My, lot's of arrogance here!"  I like watching people react, and get upset about this, because It proves to me (kinda) how much power I have over people.  I never use my real name when I do this, because I don't want others to misunderstand.

Here, I'll give it a try......ahem....

"Hey Uh Oh,  why can't you get a life?"   ahaheaheheee!!!!  That was fun!

"Hey Brent,  if you are so into healing, how come you're still here?"

This is fun.

Red
Uh Oh

Email
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2003, 01:40:59 am »

OK. Well, I fully disagree with your statement. So where does that leave us?

It doesn't leave us anywhere.  You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to my opinion.  I am admittedly thick headed, you appear to be thick headed, so there is no real sense in arguing.
M2
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2003, 04:00:22 am »

This weekend I was pondering the subject of keeping commitments, and I remembered that in the Assembly, I was always taught to go the way of the cross, and that sometimes, keeping commitments was difficult, but that doesn't mean I should quit.  "The Lord doesn't like quitters, sister."  So, in order to be spiritual, I needed to go the way of the cross in light of the commitments I made.I remember making a commitment to go to all the meetings on Sundays.  When my mother would visit me in SLO, Iwas not able to miss any of the Sunday meetings to spend time with her, because of my commitment.  What a fool I was to put the Assembly before my own family!
Hi again Eulaha Smiley

I learned more from the example of those who were 'rebellious' to the system, than from those who religiously followed their assembly commitments. So when my parents were in town, I took off after worship or the morning meeting and stayed home with them, unless they had other plans for the day. Interestingly enough I didn't get exhorted for that, probably because I was imitating a good example who had a 'say' in assembly politics. There were other invitations that I 'bowed out' of, which I can now say that I feel ashamed for doing so.

Lord bless,
Marcia
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: