AssemblyBoard
April 24, 2024, 11:18:06 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Middle East from a Biblical Perspective- Help!  (Read 13688 times)
editor
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2003, 09:03:55 am »

Hi Heather

I guess I feel uncertain about it as well.  I just don't feel uncertain about Israel, or America.  I don't view choosing sides as a bad thing to do, mostly.

I really enjoy your thoughts, Heather.

Brent
Stillwater
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2003, 01:11:18 am »

Thanks, Brent.

I don't think choosing sides is a bad thing either. I think that it is our responsibility, being "in the world," to take the actions we believe God would want. To sit back and say, "I don't know. I'll let God sort it out," is laziness and maybe even a form of idolatry (the god who handles all difficulties for me). I don't want to make the laziness statement absolute, though. Of course, God can also lead us to "sit one out."
For my part, I've joined a "media task force" to call senators, etc., in order to promote better coverage of the war. More information is always a good thing.  Smiley Darkness (of whatever sort) has to flee the light, right?

G'day!

Heather
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: