AssemblyBoard
April 23, 2024, 05:01:16 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I go public?  (Read 26438 times)
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2002, 01:42:30 am »

Hi,

I put the Selfer's Prayer under a thread by it's own name.
editor
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2002, 01:50:31 am »

Angry

Please take note:

We will not tolerate impersonation of anyone.  We will also ban any member who uses profanity.

If you want to mock someone, use your own name, not theirs.

If this persists, the person doing it will be banned from the website.

editor
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2002, 06:00:58 am »

Hi Greg,
  Yes, I am up early as it is the nature of my business.
   I love your post's and I love the joy you have found in the liberty that there is in Christ.
   I'm afraid I missed the Selfers prayer somehow Smiley.
     I most certainly forgive you Greg for tearing up my great manuscript since I forced you to read it again for punishment.  That was produced, BTW, on a regular typewriter as it was before I had a computer.  
   I hope you understand the point I was trying to make re. my culpability in my Assembly past as an Enabler.  I would say most of the "Saints" are nice people who wouldn't harm a fly, but to go along with the system is to support the abusive leader. "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing", to use a famous quote.
  There so much going on with this BB it's impossible to keep up with all of it Grin!
                                        God Bless,  Mark
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2002, 08:53:04 am »

If the assembly truly followed the scripture like they say they do (to the extreme that they say they do), then let's see...

Coffee isn't mentioned in the scriptures and for that matter neither is coffee enemas or burrito enemas.   Grin  Grin  (I know this is hard folks!)

More on this later.
Oscar

Email
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2002, 08:28:31 am »

Regarding Dating,

Once in my final years in the Assembly I was reading a story by T.H. White, the author that wrote "The Sword in the Stone".  The story I was reading was a satire about totalitarian societies.  These ants were going into the ant hole, and above the entrance were engraved the words, "Everything Not Prohibited Is Mandatory".  After I had laughed a while, it dawned on me that in Restorationist's minds, the church building has a similar motto, "Everything Not Specifically Taught Is Prohibited", (unless the Big Mahoot thinks it would be useful).
The whole no dating, no music, no chewing gum,  no whatever flows out of this.
The problem is that real life intrudes.  So congregations cannot call pastors but rely on the giftedness of the local brothers, (unless we move some of OUR local brothers there to keep an eye on you Bozos and make sure you do what we want done).  
We do not believe in paid pastors, they are just hirelings!  (unless we decide to pay one of our superloyalheroes under the table so he doesn't have to work and can have time to be an example to the sheep).
We do not have a sunday program but rather rely on the Presidency of the Holy Spirit! (however the HS seems to follow the same routines with the same songs, prayers, preachers etc., every single sunday year after year).
And so on, and on and on and on.
Oscar   Wink
editor
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2002, 02:50:53 am »

AH, the question, "Should I go public?"

Well apparantly, someone has decided this for about half of our viewers.

Our stats were climbing to a feverish pitch until thursday 12/11, in the early AM.  At that point, a substantial portion of "guest" traffic dropped of, while member traffic is still going strong.

It would appear that an edict has been issued, from God's government, that no one is to view this website.  Lips sealed or I'll  Angry

It's good to know that nothing has changed in the lodge.
However, I still want to make the invitation for all Assembly members to join us in discussion. Tell us how we are wrong, and in what way we need to repent.  Explain to us how it is that George, David and the others are the "good guys," and those who speak up about their behaviour are divisive, etc.  Really, we need to know.

editor
speedo gonzales

Email
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2002, 03:53:26 am »

Hey everybody!
I think if George himself has the courage to go public we should "follow suit." Embarrassed   Embarrassed
I was once in the same situation but then I woke up! Grin
What will he be teaching the leading bros. next? Grin Grin

See the newest vignette under factoids, you will scream Grin Grin Grin !!!
David Mauldin
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2002, 03:13:26 am »

After reading Rachels story I feel that I should apologize for being a member of this group and not doing anything. Rachel I ran into Kieth and Gay at the bookstore wherein I confronted them about Davids abuse.  I ask outright, "Is it O.K. to beat your wife?" At this they would not respond I asked again, "Is it O.K. to beat your wife?"  Again no response Finally I had to answer the question for them "No" "It is NOT O.K.!"  It amazez me how ignorant they choose to be. If they had responded 'no it is not." Then they would have to admit that David was in sin.  Whats wrong with these people?
Kay

Email
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2002, 03:23:17 pm »

Hello All,
This has been quite a week! I've been considering my involvement in the lodge for awhile. When I came upon this website, my concerns were clarified. When I read about the longstanding abuse, the shameful cover up, I couldn't tolerate this behaviour any longer.
I married a wonderful man in the lodge but he wasn't at the same point of understanding. I knew that the Lord has always taken care of me. I knew my husband would 'come tp the light.'  I didn't need to nag etc.
I also wanted  to avoid the 'Eve syndrome.' The married sister gets blamed for her husband leaving the Lodge, for problems with their children blah blah. You know...Eve was deceived....somehow what Adam did is forgotton!
Anyway, this week, we officically left the Lodge. What a relief!
We left openly, clearly stating our concerns w/o bitterness and grudges.
I am praying for others who remain.
The lines from a hymn are rolling through my brain:
'my chains fell off, my heart was free, I rose went forth and followed Thee.'
I appreciate this web site and the support it has given me to leave the grip of the Lodge. Also for the open forum of communication.
This is a great way to enter the New year.
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2002, 09:38:53 pm »

Happy New Year Teresa and Bob! Smiley
  How did you find out about this site?
   The hymn you quote is very apropriate.
    Going public is important as it allows us to define our experience instead of allowing the abusive group to define and spin our experiences.  As you mentioned, they will just spin your leaving into a version of, "we always knew they had problems."
    The Assembly folks take great pride in asking those who have left, "are you walking with the Lord?"  Our answer should be, "Yes, how about you?!"  One aspect of  being in "fellowship" has to do with honesty in our lives with God and this is something the Assembly has fallen short of.
      God bless you both and thank you for your contribution here.  This site is a blessing because of people like you who take the time to contribute by posting. Smiley           Mark
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2002, 10:29:21 pm »

Hi Bob & Teresa,

It's great you left the way you did.  Even though the LB's will twist what you said and forbid others to have anything to do with you, you'll find brethren calling you every now and then.

I believe the openness toward "leadership" allows certain ones (including hard core assemblyites) to find out the truth.  I just received another call this week from someone I did not expect to hear from.  They want my testimony on why I left.  Anyway my point is, leaving openly, leaves a door open to talk to assembly members.  Wink

The Lord bless you,

Eric
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: