AssemblyBoard
April 24, 2024, 07:38:49 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Assembly Dictates RE. Families  (Read 16004 times)
Rachel

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2002, 10:38:17 pm »

Sebastian:

I too am glad to have my input appreciated.  I am willing to give insight whenever I can and anticipate my contribution to increase.  My problem is I don't know where to start.  (Brent - I know you know were I should start but I am refering to the BB).  I usually share when I can add information or insight on questions or comments of other.  

For all ex-assembly kids out there or just assembly kids.  It would be great to hear from you regarding your experiences and observations.  As a child growing up in the assembly, there are a lot of things I just know went on.  I may not be able to give the exact day someone told me, "this is how we do it." but I just knew that was how it was done.  It is the same way with any child.  We learn from example and we pick up on the motivations and actions more then the words.  I think that gives us a unique view point.
Rachel

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2002, 10:40:02 pm »

By the way, Rachel is the same person as Rachel S.  I logged in under Rachel but when I was having trouble staying logged in I was forced to post under Rachel S.  Now I can stay logged in so I always post under Rachel
karensanford

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2002, 12:01:24 pm »

Greetings:
   I do hope that Karen Sanford will continue to share her observations.

Thank you Sebastian, you are very kind.  I have sort of a weird feeling about sharing on this board--Kind of like it's not "mine" to post on because I am not a surviving Assembly member.  I read everyone's entries with interest and I will definitely post where I feel like I have a good contribution to make.  As Brent, Suzie, Rachel, and many others know, I have NEVER in my life been at a loss for words.  Grin

If you have anything specific to ask me, please do!  
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2002, 12:55:18 pm »

Hi Everyone,

Karen, I would like to reiterate what Sebastian said.  Your posts are needed and appreciated.  What you saw as a witness in varying degrees can be of great value.  Sometimes it was the observation of an outsider that made me think in the first place.  I could argue with a former assembly member ("He's in sin!"), but often I struggled with questions and input from outside christians (and sometimes unbelievers).

Lord bless you,
Eric
Sebastian Andrew

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2002, 07:29:54 am »

Greetings Karen Sanford:
What tipped you off as you mingled with assembly members that something was amiss? I understand that this will be a long article since you are "not at a loss for words"-great.
Yours,
Sebastian Andrew
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: