AssemblyBoard
April 26, 2024, 11:18:39 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The fitness of the leadership  (Read 22353 times)
David Mauldin
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2003, 07:11:42 pm »

I tried to find out about G.G and his supposed high faluten education.  He did attend Biola yet it took him quite a long time just to get his B.A. (He may have decided to join the marines and came back after getting injured in an accident-at least this is what he told people at BIOLA) As for the Phd?  Brent knows something about this! He may have taken a few classes at U.S.C. but never amounted to anything. Do you think George would have any accademic weakness?  I don't yet I can see him having major social skill problems that would probably keep him from acheiving a Phd. I am under the impression that Brent is going to put out a Bio on George that will expose his dealings throughout his Biola/baptist/Plymouth Brethren years.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2003, 07:21:31 pm by David Mauldin » Logged
David Mauldin
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2003, 07:16:04 pm »

Friends I have run into Tim G (on one occassion) and Dan N  this week (Starbucks)on another both yimes I have been under the impression that they wanted to talk but I hesitate because I am unsure where they stand?  Does anyone know?  Are they still "assembly" people or have they completely left?
David Mauldin
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2003, 07:36:59 pm »

Brad Just read your post My take on George is that George is functionally  Scizo.  Part of Geogre is  a sincere man (In the will of God if you want to see it that way) Thus the good things that took place in his ministry may have been genuine. Yet George  has no real discernment between his own Superego and God. George gets excited about "The Vision" This work that God is doing has George himself at the center. For example I remember George quoting the apostle Paul in the first person "Let a man consider (me) as steward of the mysteries of God"  as if God had given the Apostles charges to George himself. Also I noticed a  part of George as being terribly insecure/paranoid. The George that new who he really was a manipulator etc... (The human George if you want to see it that way)   (I know this sounds strange but looking at David Koresh and Jim Jones  These guys were at the same time frauds and yet totally sincere! (They darnk the coolaid too!)I think in the back of his mind he feard this day would come. Yet Brad what I think you are getting at is the same thing I have struggled with for so long.  How can God have been so evidently working in our lives yet we see we were taken? Can people like Jim Heyman stand up and give their testimony? "Let me tell you how God has so evidently honored nmy sincere devotion to Him His word His people etc..."  This has caused me to question if God can truely be known?  can anyone eplain the fact that we confessed "God spoke to me!"  yet had we walked away from the assembly as so many dicerning people did,  we would have made a better choice. Now today what do we do?  read the Bible and hear Gods voice again?  ie all the influences and interpretations we are subjected to as seekers of Gods will.  Can any of us say in confidence "Now I know for sure that I am not decieved?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2003, 07:50:15 pm by David Mauldin » Logged
Kay

Email
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2003, 07:53:32 pm »

David,
All I know is that God is greater than all the GG's. Even in our situations (that we entered by faith) God used it for good.
There were parts of the Lodge system that met a need I had when I first started. My childhood family was very difficult. As I grew up, I no longer needed the lodge as I did when I was younger. I stayed in the Lodge a lot longer even  after I realized how weird, strange and controlling it was.
A good thing about the BB is we're seeking these answers together.
brad

Email
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2003, 12:26:17 am »

David, interesting thoughts for sure. Bottom line for me...GOD confirms his will via a combination of factors...including but certainly not limited to:the convergence of respected Chrisitian counsel, accountability to our peers, a thorough search of established evangelical scriptural theology taken "in context" and finally through a practical expression of real life evidence of our fruit...JOY, PEACE and LOVE etc. I find this is best reflected in our marriages. I cherish my wifes opinion and support as a MAJOR sign from GOD that I am not off on a tangent. Godly spouses I am convinced are a significant part of this process and often the basic buillding block formed in unity of opinion in the home is ignored at our peril. ( i apologize for the terrible syntax used...in a hurry today, please be kind and look at the general thought here)

I am encouraged that the very awareness that we should be concerned of the potential for deciet  is a sign of GOD's spirit flowing freely. This is a natural and powerful byproduct out of a real christian lifestyle both corporate and private. It's when we stop our vigilence and assume our view is "exclusive" that we come to the proverbial "fall".

I am further convinced we will never "arrive" at a point of complete spiritual wisdom or awareness... in fact the opposite is true in my life and in the life of every Godly person I know. We become more and more aware of our complete weakness, dependence on Grace and utter depravity of our souls compared to the beauty of our GOD and his Holy presence. Our religious confidence fades as our awareness of the mystifying exisitence of GRACE overrides every facet of our theology...(*my personal experience)

This is not to paralyze us from ever fellowshipping again or trusting...rather we can go forward  confidently in Faith...for our salvation, for our life path and for divine wisdom to lead our families.  

Just my personal take on these rather weighty matters of leadership. Practically, it will take a major effort to communicate between the "factions" within the Assembly. Both sides will need to have "outside" monitoring and accountability as a process is set up to make decisions for the future. I have my own opinions as to what would be appropriate, but frankly I have no right to voice them openly...as I am not a member of the previous Assembly church in Fullerton.

My comments are meant to encourage and reinforce the "truth" of GOD's faithfullness and ability to work out these matters to his GLORY.

Peace....
« Last Edit: January 30, 2003, 12:29:50 am by Brad Mathias » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: