AssemblyBoard
April 27, 2024, 07:04:31 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: What ARE the 28 characteristics of a worker?  (Read 28649 times)
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2003, 11:11:26 pm »

#39  Share confidential information with all the workers.
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2003, 11:13:00 pm »

Pat, why don't you post some of the REAL ones, so the dumb sheep who haven't a clue can see what the workers have bought into.
freebird

Email
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2003, 11:17:05 pm »

No, Arthur I am still the Minister of anger and vitriole.

Pat,  what are they?....please...we want to know.

Eric..howdy! and KimberlEy too!
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2003, 11:19:09 pm »

I am Queen Kimberley today, Garth.
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: January 25, 2003, 11:19:49 pm by Kimberley Tobin » Logged
freebird

Email
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2003, 11:21:20 pm »

Queen KimberlEy!  Queen KimberlEy!
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2003, 11:22:08 pm »

Queen...Oh, Give me a break!
psalm51

Email
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2003, 11:23:50 pm »

I will post the one that I believe has given many of the former workers much pause to say the least. You have to understand though that not all of the characteristics in themselves are wrong, unscriptural, etc.  Some, in fact are what all believers should be or aspire to by the grace of God. This one is, however, quite revelatory in light of recent events.
 "#13 LOYAL
The worker is loyal. To be loyal means the worker is loyal to the Lord with his brethren, through his brethren.  The worker is loyal because the character of the work is consistent with the divinely revealed methods and standards. 1Cor.4:17; Acts 15:35-41. The worker believes in the work.  He believes the work is the work of God.  Criticism of a fellow worker is disunity. When a decision is made, loyalty means the worker agrees with the decision even though it doesn't please him. I Cor.15:58. The worker does not listen to criticism about his brother."
Aslan213

Email
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2003, 11:24:25 pm »

May I add one more characteristic?

#40  Falsely accuse an ex-assembly member of stealing.  Follow with character assassination and self-justification.
lemonlime

Email
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2003, 08:42:01 am »

42. loudly proclaim "PRAISE THE LORD" when he defines agape love even though you'll never read enough greek to understand what agape means.
Jim Haan

Email
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2003, 10:39:43 am »

# 1,405,256

All of the commandments of the (workers) law can be fulfilled in this one saying,
"Thou shalt not think for thyself"
Bob Sturnfield

Email
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2003, 03:15:30 am »

11. Clean
12. Reverent.

I see that the Boy Scouts agree with John Wesley's sermon (1791)  "Cleanliness is indeed next to Godliness."  Smiley
EricFoy

Email
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2003, 12:54:00 pm »

Shocked  #11 !!!!!

What an eye-opener, eh?  Is that a sick perversion of the language, or what!?!  Just for fun, let's back it up (a good validity test for any assertion):  

"Unity can be attained by the collective suppression of the conscience.  After everyone has reached the place where they are able to publicly proclaim something they don't really believe, they have proven their humility, thus demonstrating their loyalty by their attitude."

Didn't Karl Marx write that?
d3z

Email
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2003, 01:22:28 pm »

#7)  KEEPS CONFIDENCES

The worker keeps confidences.  Nothing is discussed outside of the worker's meeting.  Decicions made in the work are not discussed elsewhere.  Evaluations and judgments are made in the gates.  Burdens are shared that others cannot and would not be able to understand.  They lack the maturity to bear these things.  This does not mean that the worker talks about the faults of others; love covers a mutitude of sins.

#12)  OPEN

Openness is sincerity, candor.  Workers should be able to freely and openly discuss issues in the work.  Workers are ruthlessly open with one another.  Nothing is covered up.  Everything is brought into the light.  The enemy cannot work in the light, only in the darkness.  The worker does nothing on his own.  He talks it over with other workers.  Workers co-labour, join ranks, pull together.  God's plan is for everything in the work to be done coorporately.  The worker is obgliged to give account and to evaluate his work through reports; worker's contributions, and letter-writing.  His evaluation is always, "To God be the glory!"

Seems to me that #7 contradicts #12 and #11 keeps anyone from saying so.  ANY THOUGHTS?

#12 says to talk about everything, and #7 says to only do it in the workers meeting.  I guess #7 means to only do it when it goes along with the "work".

I'm not sure, though.  We never got around to going over these in the training home I was in.

Dave
CathyG

Email
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2003, 05:37:06 am »

#7)  KEEPS CONFIDENCES

The worker keeps confidences.  Nothing is discussed outside of the worker's meeting.  Decicions made in the work are not discussed elsewhere.  Evaluations and judgments are made in the gates.  Burdens are shared that others cannot and would not be able to understand.  They lack the maturity to bear these things.  This does not mean that the worker talks about the faults of others; love covers a mutitude of sins.

#12)  OPEN

Openness is sincerity, candor.  Workers should be able to freely and openly discuss issues in the work.  Workers are ruthlessly open with one another.  Nothing is covered up.  Everything is brought into the light.  The enemy cannot work in the light, only in the darkness.  The worker does nothing on his own.  He talks it over with other workers.  Workers co-labour, join ranks, pull together.  God's plan is for everything in the work to be done coorporately.  The worker is obgliged to give account and to evaluate his work through reports; worker's contributions, and letter-writing.  His evaluation is always, "To God be the glory!"

Seems to me that #7 contradicts #12 and #11 keeps anyone from saying so.  ANY THOUGHTS?

Are you really surprised by the double-speak?  It sure made it hard not to go along with what you are told.  Makes it easier to accuse/persuade the common folk of all kinds of sin in their life.  By the way, I've since discovered the 'training homes' ideology is very, very similar to the AA 12 step program.    If they weren't  borrowing ideas they were writing laws to confuse even the elite (who lose the nerve to question in order to avoid belittling).  Just a thought.

Cathy Goyette
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: