AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 01:18:02 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: San Fernando Valley Fiasco  (Read 2999 times)
Mark C.

Email
« on: February 27, 2003, 11:17:55 pm »

Hi Everyone,
  I deleted the previous topic under this same title as I made some errors re. certain details of the meeting last Sat. where Tim "left fellowship".  In deleting I had to delete the entire thread as I was unable to delete only one post (sorry)
   One who was there felt it would be better if he prepared a first hand account and had it posted on the Main Site at Geftakys Assembly.com.
   The errors were small and I believe the general post was mostly accurate, but there are those who are looking to discredit any objective discussion re. what is going on.
   Some did object to my sarcasm and for that I apologize.  I have great grief re. what happened.  It is sad that the knocking of the Lord at the door of the Valley Assembly for all these years was ignored.  God loves his people there and only wishes to invite them in to have sweet fellowship with Him.  
   I am angry with leaders who still maintain "we have no sin".  Humility is the course urged upon all those who claim the position of leader of God's people.  To blame those who have brought issues to the leader's attention as "dividers" is a continuation of the Geftakys system of abuse.
   Yes, these leaders are victims as well, but it's time to take the Lord up on His offer of eye salve and to get the message that it is the Lord who is speaking in the details of recent events.  Speaking the truth is never "the work of the enemy" and being entreatable is not a sign of weakness.
   I continue to pray for these leaders and the scattered sheep who need much help at this time in understanding what is going on and to continue with their lives in the Lord.
                                    God Bless,  Mark

Arthur
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 09:22:32 pm »

So what's the status there now?
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 11:07:22 pm »

From what we can glean, not much is going on.  There have been no meetings (that we are aware of).  There is a brother who is desiring to have meeting(s) in his home (don't really know what that means........)  If there is anyone who is aware, we are not speculating, please inform the public as to what that means.  I do believe that everyone is stunned, shocked, paralyzed or some mix of these emotions.  They don't really know how to proceed.  

It is many of our prayers who have left, that these dear ones would begin to visit other churches to see what is out there (I'm sure they will find as we have found, that there are wonderful, godly men and women out there who love the Lord and want to serve him.)

It is a great concern, to those of us who have begun to study the Word at grounded, biblically based churches, that these dear ones aren't even aware of the magnitude of error in their belief system.  They want to hold onto the "system of things" as taught to them in the assembly, but don't see that by holding onto that "system of things", they are simply continuing what George, an immoral, corrupt man, has taught them.  How will they know what to throw out and what to keep, it they don't get outside involvement?

Please pray for these ones.  I do believe they (most) are operating out of sincerity.  But we all know that we can be sincerely wrong.  Sincerity does not guarantee that you are operating according to truth.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: