AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 12:51:06 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: the still small voice, again  (Read 14819 times)
soul dreamer

Email
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2005, 05:16:41 am »

“To the one who has, more shall be given.”   I wonder if we might paraphrase this scripture to support the thought:  “To the one who obeyed the Lord the last times the Lord spoke, the Lord will speak more often.”  Certainly John 14:21 speaks of the Lord manifesting himself [appearing/speaking] to those who love the Lord and keep his words.  For several years now I have been reading about the ministry of some missionaries to Mozambique by the names of Rolland and Heidi Baker.  The Lord speaks often to them, and they have been obedient to an impressive degree.  Some have called Heidi the “Mother Teresa of the Protestant world.”  Compassion pours out of this woman.  I think this is one of the reasons that many miracles have occurred through her hands.  Some of the young men that she and her husband Rolland have discipled have been used of the Lord to raise people from the dead (over 53 since about 1997).  Below I have pasted a piece of Roland’s report from September 8, 2005.

“Some who hear us in conferences may come away with the impression that we lead a charmed, tribulation-free life of endless miracles! We do prefer to give Jesus and His glorious power most of the attention in our ministry, but it many encourage you to know that, like Paul, we are jars of clay who glory also in our weakness. When we are weak, then we are strong (2 Cor. 12:10). We do encounter fierce, demonic opposition, and its intensity is almost incomprehensible. This Mozambican province where we live has been a pagan, occultic stronghold for centuries, and the evil we encounter shocks us over and over. Our time, energy, funds, and resources are viciously attacked and drained as the devil aims to turn our hearts away from this great revival in which God has graciously placed us.
     “Together with Paul, we understand that these things happen that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead (2 Cor. 1:9). We resist the devil by overcoming evil with good, and by resting in Him with all the more faith and childlike joy. We cannot lose while secure in His heart. We have no need to shield ourselves, but we entrust our souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right (1 Peter 4:19). The God who has raised at least 53 people from the dead among our churches in Africa will also renew and refresh us with His incomparable power. He will not fail us; we are His workmanship!”

I encourage you to read more regarding the ministry of this precious couple at their web site:

http://www.irismin.org/news/31.php
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 09:44:12 pm by Rick Samuel » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: