AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 04:30:49 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DOGS HAVE BAD BREATH. LOVE A CAT.  (Read 3052 times)
moonflower2

Email
« on: June 21, 2005, 09:08:00 am »

This thread is for dog-haters only.

Please refrain from intimidation, criticism, self-righteousness, smoking, swearing, face-pulling, eye-rolling, smurking, lurking, finger-snapping, drooling, nail-biting, hair-twirling, mouse-catching, and barking, especially under a tree in which a cat is lounging.

We want to encourage everyone here to contribute, so if you don't follow these procedures of common decency, you will get the Denver boot and be fed to the neighborhood racoons.

David Mauldin
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 08:04:07 pm »

Other than the fact that they eat their own $$#% I don't see why we just can't all get along!
tenderhearted

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 07:06:06 am »

June 24:

What thread can I have when I have both cat and dog?

They get along so well, that my Dog thinks this cat is her son..

I love cats , and have had cats for the last 30 years. The cat I have now is my 6th cat since I started living on my own, after leaving home to go into the city to register for nursing school.

I had one cat name Patches, which I got in 1976, a beautiful long hair calico type of cat, she even had pink mix in her fur.

I had her ten years.

There was Fluffy, a long hair tabby, I only had her a short time.

Then there was Daniel, a short haired orange tabby. He end up with urinatory blockage, He was my oldest daughters cat. He had to be put down at 14 months old.

Shortly after that we got Penny.  A male long haired grey and white cat. This cat was a wonderful kids cat. Christie was 5 years old. He would chase her around the apartment like a dog, then hide and grabbed at her ankle.
Even when I  had Sara, as a baby, if I put Sara on the couch, Penny would sit between her and the edge of the couch.
Penny lasted until he was 14 years old.
We also had Snuggles, a pure white short hair, she was a beautiful cat. She lasted until 12 years old.
Now I have Percy, a 4 year old grey tabby cat.
Sara brought him, she came home from babysitting one day, and told me to close my eyes, thinking I was getting a chocolate bar she had purchased, I held out my hand.
She put this 5 week old kitten in my hands. I nearly dropped him.
When I pick him up, he snuggled right under neath my neck, took a piece of skin, started sucking on it. He will even do this still, if he gets up set.

So I am both a dog and cat lover because they are both my family members. Missy the 10 year old border collie shep mix, is wonderful with the cat, except when Missy is chewing on a bone.
That cat will clean out Missy's ears, curl up to Missy, as if Missy is his mother.

Cats and Dogs do get along.

Lenore
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: