AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 12:22:46 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Life sometimes can seem very hard to children  (Read 2751 times)
soul dreamer

Email
« on: May 09, 2006, 02:48:09 am »

I would appreciate prayer for the oldest three of my four kids – they are somewhat mad at the Lord at the moment.

Today they let one of our pet butterflies out of its cage so that it could live free, reveling in the beauty of nature in our neighborhood.  With much rejoicing they released the winged creature.  One minute after they let it out, much to my kids’ horror, a bird promptly came and ate the insect.  My wife tells me that an hour later the three oldest kids are still sniffling and moping around the house with broken hearts and anger at the Lord for not protecting the butterfly.

Johnny said, “Is it not true that death came into the world through Adam?  Well, if Adam is in heaven I want to punch him in the nose for ruining everything.”  Perhaps the Lord will give Johnny the humility to acknowledge that if he were in paradise before the fall that by-and-by he probably would have ruined the place himself through his own sin. 
outdeep

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 08:38:55 pm »

I just noticed this post.  It seems like your kids are grappeling with the same questions we do.  No easy answers, but a choice:  as a result, do we turn and conclude there is no purpose in life or do we acknowledge that in the economy of God there are things we don't fully understand?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: