AssemblyBoard
May 15, 2024, 11:50:43 pm *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: PROMISES TO ENCOURAGE!!  (Read 14622 times)
Luke Robinson

Email
« on: January 31, 2003, 12:02:10 pm »

I would like this to be a place where people can write in and just put down a verse that really has encouraged them or IS ENCOURAGING THEM AT THIS VERY MOMENT!!  God is still speaking to His people, and we have his precious word for life.  As 2 Peter 1:4 says, God has given us EXCEEDING GREAT AND PRECIOUS PROMISES!!  LET'S BE HAPPY!! God Bless.

Psalm 8:4  I will both lay me me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.  
Bob Sturnfield

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 12:25:02 pm »

Psalm 126:1 When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
2  Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.
3  The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.
4 Turn again our captivity, O LORD, as the streams in the south.
5  They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
6  He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
H

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 03:38:08 pm »

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day."         John 6:37-39
Margaret

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2003, 09:46:44 pm »

"My sheep hear My voice".  This is encouraging me, because I tend to worry about you guys who are still in the assemblies.

And also, for all of us,

"Come to Me,
all of you who are weary and overburdened,
and I will give you rest.

Put on My yoke
and learn from Me.

For I am gentle
and humble in heart,
and you will find
rest for your souls.

For My yoke is easy
and my burden is light."
dyoung

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2003, 03:05:06 am »

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God; and if it first begin at us what shall the end of them that obey not the gospel of God?...Wherefore, let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of ther souls to Him in well-doing, as unto a faithful Creator."
"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; WHO COMFORTETH US IN ALL our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in ANY trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourelves are comforted of God."
1Peter4:17,19
2Cor1:3-4
H

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2003, 05:20:24 pm »

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

Romans 8:28-30
VinnieGalati

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2003, 09:37:04 am »

Heb 8:13  " In that He saith, A new covenant, He hath made the first old.  Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."  

God's pattern is always to lead His people from bondage and darkness to light and life.  May it be so in hearts of many still ensnared by the assembly system (the old way) that they may lay hold of the glorious liberty of the children of God (the new covenant).  
Arthur
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2003, 02:35:54 am »

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"
Arthur
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2003, 02:39:36 am »

The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.  Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.  Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.  The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.  Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.  For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.  I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
Arthur
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2003, 02:40:37 am »

Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance.
Arthur
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2003, 02:45:31 am »

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
    When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
    Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
    One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
    For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
    And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
    Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
    When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
    Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
    When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
    Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
    Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
    I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
    Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Arthur
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2003, 02:48:47 am »

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
     My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
     He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
     Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
     The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
     The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
     The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
     The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Arthur
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2003, 02:50:57 am »

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
     Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
     I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.
Arthur
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2003, 05:07:02 am »

If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed.  And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.
moonflower

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2003, 05:11:18 am »

"In the shadow of His hand He hid me; He made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver."

Isaiah 49:2.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: