AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 12:40:25 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: O.J. Geftakys  (Read 12658 times)
Bluejay

Email
« on: March 04, 2003, 12:20:47 am »

I think Tim Geftakys should drop the Tim from his name and take the name O.J. as a "reward" for being the biggest liar to come out of the southern California area since O.J. Simpson.  O.J. played the race card to gain his freedom, and now it appears Tim is playing the "repentance" card to gain peoples approval back.  

How can this guy possibly be preaching again??? Every time I log onto the website and see that he is giving ministry, it blows me away!!! It's not like during his two week period of "repentance" otherwise known as a cooling off period that he gained a new vision.  This ministry that he was a part of and imposed on others was so unbelievably warped.  
He has no business preaching....If anyone needs direction, its him!!!

Tim preaching and being in a position of leadership again would be the equivalent to the board of directors at Enron telling Kenneth Lay (former Enron CEO) and his executives the following:

"Kenneth, we know that you and all of your higher ups committed fraud, in turn ruining the pensions and destroying the lives of many people.  Furthermore, you did this strictly for your own financial gain. However after much thought and consideration since you repented the last two weeks, we have decided to let and your staff continue on and right this ship.  Stay out of trouble and don't let it happen again."

People - please do not listen to this man.  O.J. Geftakys is an evil man!!!

Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 12:22:43 am »

Bluejay, I am sitting at my computer laughing my head off!  O.J. Geftakys??  Grin Grin Grin Grin
moonflower
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 12:39:45 am »

Grin
Arthur
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 02:26:17 am »

How do you know that he is still preaching?  It wouldn't surprise me, but I'm not down in Fullerton, so I wouldn't know unless I heard it from someone down there.

As far as the plausibility of such a thing, well, the CEO and CFO of Nvidia recently ripped off over $10 million each from shareholders via insider trading and then just a few months later, the CEO was heading up a shareholders meeting saying how things were looking up in Nvidia (the CFO had "coincidentally" taken a leave of absence), even though the stock was down 400%.  Hmm, kinda like some people in the assembly saying that God is moving in the ministry now and doing great things.  There are several class action lawsuits now filed against the men.  I thought I'd bring it up to illustrate the nature of man and that there is nothing new under the sun.
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 02:28:09 am »

See the website...He's preached at least once...One to many.
editor
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2003, 02:43:39 am »

Tim has preached 3 times:

At one of the "post repentance clarification meetings."  Witnessed by Tom Maddux and Tony Garisek, as well as Keith Walker.  It wasn't a real 3 point message, more of a word of encouragement, but it was delivered in Tim's usual authoritative manner.

He preached on a Sunday in the "old-wineskin" meeting in Fullerton.

He preached the chapter summary Bible study with the spanish speaking "saints."  He will NOT be allowed to do this in the future.

I am going to prophesy:

Tim will be responsible for his own, spectacular fall, in which both his father and his brother will perish.  He is attempting to "take the ark into battle."

Read about the wicked son's of Eli here, http://geftakysassembly.com/Eli.html

Brent
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2003, 03:01:23 am »

Tim Geftakys spoke to the Spanish speaking saints??? Well, if he spoke English, he probably made about as much sense to them as he does to English speaking people.

It is safe to say that Tim Geftakys has the gift of "stupidity".

Mark Kisla
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2003, 03:06:07 am »

Bluejay you bust me up, I got this mental picture of OJ with his golf clubs and Tim with his surf board.
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2003, 03:07:23 am »

Mark - you havent seen anything yet!!!
wolverine

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2003, 06:43:22 am »

Is this anything like Barnum and Bluejay???
vbeers

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2003, 07:09:09 pm »

What?  What did that mean???  
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2003, 12:18:03 am »

No - definitely not Barnum and Bluejay...More like lets go BlueJays!!!
4Him

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2003, 05:52:19 am »

No - definitely not Barnum and Bluejay...More like lets go BlueJays!!!
Sounds like a PC name for some Jesuit University  somewhere that used to go by Indians or something Tongue (I could be wrong).  Personally, I kind of prefer GO ILLINI! or GO SALUKIS! Wink Cool Shocked Grin Grin Grin
Bluejay

Email
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2003, 11:12:08 pm »

Clarification: Pretty sure you got CU and UNO mixed up....CU grads would be "very" insulted.

SIU can have the valley regular season championship...CU has their sites on much higher goals and will prove so when they win the Valley tournnament this weekend and head to the NCAA's for a 5th straight year!

SIU = NIT!!!

And yes I do realize that your Illini ended our season last year...Just wanted to save you the trouble of having to post that!
Luke Robinson

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2003, 10:03:29 am »

Dear vbeers,

Paul is implying that this thread is a circus.  I agree.  But continue, Bluejay.  You're doing well making everyone laugh histerically.   Cool
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: