AssemblyBoard
May 18, 2024, 06:58:05 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some news on David Geftakys  (Read 10546 times)
M2
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2005, 01:22:00 am »

Me Again.
I was going to try and stay away as some suggested but my curiosity to see if anyone had read what I had to say was to great. Brent and Eulaha, what you said was very comforting. Brent, I think about you and Suzie and your kids a lot. Verne and Dave, thank you for trying to understand where I’m coming from and agreeing to trying to respect my wishes. I understand how much my family did to all of you and if me saying sorry could give all of you the years and hard work you all did back I would say it a million times. But instead all I can say is thank you to the people that made up my family growing up. So many of you I saw as aunts and uncles.  I am seeing a therapist for quite a few reasons. Tom Maddux, I remember you believe it or not. You where an adult when you chose to join the “Assembly” where you not? I am so sorry for the way Gorge and Betty treated you and your family. I never forgot the money and tears and time and love these people put into my world when I was a child. I never can forget the times I saw my Dad beat my mom. I will never forget that there were other adult in these situations who should have got the authorities involved and didn’t. Other adults that put there children thru the same things I went thru.
   All families have problems but my families problems were supported and protected by others. Now I’m not saying that these others were any of you. The “Leading Brothers” knew what was going on and covered it up. Had they not been there my mom and dad may have got help. My mom may have been able to leave. I may have had a family now. Many of you have deep pain and you have to work hard to heel. My mom and my siblings are still suffering the consequence of Gorge and Betty and the “Leading Brothers” decisions in the past every day of our lives.  With the help of many, my childhood and my life, became a train wreck. And once this train wreck was exposed everyone stepped back to criticize it. You may not have been driving the train but you were definitely riding it.

Dear CAGirl,

Thanks for sharing this with us.  I am sorry for all that you have gone through, and am happy that you are taking the steps needed to heal from your experience.

God bless you,
Marcia

This is quite telling:
  All families have problems but my families problems were supported and protected by others. Now I’m not saying that these others were any of you. The “Leading Brothers” knew what was going on and covered it up. Had they not been there my mom and dad may have got help. My mom may have been able to leave. I may have had a family now. Many of you have deep pain and you have to work hard to heel. My mom and my siblings are still suffering the consequence of Gorge and Betty and the “Leading Brothers” decisions in the past every day of our lives.  With the help of many, my childhood and my life, became a train wreck. And once this train wreck was exposed everyone stepped back to criticize it. You may not have been driving the train but you were definitely riding it.

Normally, a dysfuntional family would have the option of seeking help, but George and Betty aptly trained their servants to cover up their sons' abuse.  This was done for the sake of 'image' and keeping their own lifestyle going.  How very sad that they were willing to sacrifice their children and grandchildren and many others for the sake of their cause.

Marcia
sfortescue

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2005, 03:46:00 am »

Hello Rebecca,

My apology is for suggesting that your father should find a job crab fishing in the Bering Sea.  I remember catching the tail end of a Discovery Channel show about the most dangerous jobs in the world, and what they listed as the number one most dangerous job is what I chose to suggest.  The truth is that I would feel terrible if he were to actually do it and end up getting seriously hurt or killed because of my suggestion.  It is not my place to say what hardships are appropriate for him.  God has his perfect plan for each of us.

Your father's idea of finding a more reasonable job at sea sounds like a good one.  His enrollment in the California Maritime Academy in Vallejo is a step in the right direction, toward being more responsible in life.

Comments in this thread from 4 months ago are far more respectful and civil than in the older thread from a year earlier.  This improvement in attitude came from his choice to be more responsible.  His step toward responsibility may well be because of the ridicule in the earlier thread.  Men are naturally competitive and sometimes need a sharp goading to get them going in the right direction.  We are all waiting in anticipation for what Brent talked about, that he will remember all those he hurt, be honest about it and do what he can to make amends with them, at least in terms of attitude.  Having the courage to do what is right will improve his reputation tremendously.

Psalm 107:23-30,43
They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; these see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep.  For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.  They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.  They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit's end.  Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.  He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.  Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven. ...  Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the LORD.

Another apology that I owe to you and your family is that more than 20 years ago I was a coward and did nothing, when I could see from your mother's unhappiness that she was being mistreated, although I didn't know how badly.

Click the blue quote header to read about some things from more than 20 years ago:

Sincerely, Stephen
Margaret

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 04:46:24 am »

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for your courage to come on this board and give a needed reminder.   And your courage to be in therapy and deal with the "train wreck".  You've obviously recovered quite a bit.

I didn't know what was going on in your family, but I was responsible for promoting Betty's ideas on child training (i.e. child squashing), which was another aspect of what you suffered.  I am so sorry, I was so wrong.  

Margaret Irons
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: