AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 12:26:42 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: End this website?  (Read 26570 times)
bubba-gum

Email
« on: February 02, 2003, 11:02:52 am »

The man has taken the rod and the stick has been swung, the damage is done. Is it time for this site to come down?  What has been set in motion by this website will continue in motion with or without this website.  There seems to be confusion and distortion and more people being hurt, yet others say there is still more left to be said (more damage to be done).

All in favor of doing more damage say Aye, against say Nay.

I am glad things were exposed but isn't enough, enough?  It is time to go forward and edify the Body of Christ (assembly or other).  I know Brent's desire is for edification, especially after his talk with the SLO leadership.  

What is your desire?

Maybe this site's focus can change from being a disgrunteled site to a prayer list. There has been good info on this site, but also many false or harsh sarcastic posts.  Let's make this site so that it's sole purpose it to edify Christ's body (by prayer list, or constructive talk about issues).  How can this be accomplished? Maybe this Bulletin Board needs to be stopped or only Brent and a few others post what is good?  Other ideas?  

Personally, I think this site has run its race and finished its course and is high time to be offered up.  I know the BB addicts can't get enough and it's making them into an emotional mess.  

The BB addicts are looking forward to your response.
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 11:12:31 am »

This is just like a line out of the assembly handbook 101.  Let's try and control the information that is given to the Lord's people.  

FORGET IT!!!!!!!!  Haven't we had enough of this?  If you think that simply bringing George to light is all that needs to be done you haven't realized the damage George has inflicted upon the hundreds (or is it thousands) of people associated with his ministry.  He hand picked these leaders.  He trained them in heretical doctrine.  Read Math 7.  Jesus warns against the wolves that will come in sheeps clothing.  He then goes on to say that an evil tree cannot bring for good fruit it can only bring forth bad fruit.  This ministry has bad fruit throughout.  It isn't just GG that needs to be brought into the light.  It is numerous men and women that GG put in power.  Not to mention the teaching that needs to be thrown in the trash can.  

Whose kidding whom?  This is just the beginning!
Rudy

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 11:17:36 am »

This business is not over. Period.  Angry

There is allot of wasted "space" on this site.
No argument there. Darkness loves the dark.
Bash and bust people till they bleed, then they'll
"no fuss". Not with me. Mess with them, lie to
them, make them see "we're not so bad". I am
not alone in saying and in standing against the
"evil empire", the geftakys system. Light and
right will prevail.  Smiley
Oscar

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 11:34:33 am »

Bubba Gum said:

"Maybe this site's focus can change from being a disgrunteled site to a prayer list. There has been good info on this site, but also many false or harsh sarcastic posts."

Bubba, you don't know the half of it.  These assemblies are in a far more serious condition than the people realize.  

By the way, there is a place on the site for you to post your complaints about "false" posts.  I, and others, would be very interested in your information showing that some posts are false.  I don't think anyone here really wants to spread lies.  That accusation is a common defense by people who can't stand open, honest discussion, but it is possible you know something we don't, so have at it.

As to sarcasm, that frequently is in the eye of the beholder.

Thomas Maddux

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 08:30:53 pm »

DON'T END THIS WEBSITE! There's been 10 new members in February alone. We need to know what is going on Shocked Roll Eyes
yeah for Brent and Brian.
editor
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2003, 08:47:31 pm »

Hello Everyone

The website is not ending.  It will change of course.
Much of the posting right now will change, and we will all once again return to a more sane frame of mind.  The sad thing is that very many excellent posts get buried in flames.  It'll all work out.

In the mean time, what think you of this?

Dear Friends:

I would like to ask all of you to take 10 steps back from this whole thing, in your mind's eye.  Remove yourself from it, and pretend that a broken confused Christian, who is experiencing all of the events at the Assembly, but at another church, has come to you for counsel.  You can see that this person is sincere, but also confused and hurt.  As a strong, mature believer, who has advanced insight into the truth of God's word, you want this person to break free from any sort of bondage, and have joy and liberty in Christ.

This broken, confused brother has told you:

• The leader of his group is an adulterer and an immoral man
  • All of the money is kept secret and is handled only by the immoral leader
  • The leader's son is a wife beater and has his own, very dysfunctional life
  • The leadership was all handpicked by the immoral, money loving leader
  • Hundreds of former members of the group have identical stories about abuse and control
  • 2 best-selling books and numerous articles by a Christian author called the group "Abusive"
  • Every other Evangelical church in town counsels people to stay away from the group
  • A national cult expert, and several leading Christian Cult awareness groups have called the group a cult, and former members have actually been de-programmed.
  • There is a website about this dear confused brother's group, that has thousands of pages of testimonies that all point to the fact that something is seriously wrong

How would you counsel this person?

If this person turned out to be you, would you take your own counsel?

Take Six Weeks Off!

Brent
« Last Edit: February 02, 2003, 08:48:47 pm by B. Trockman » Logged
editor
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2003, 10:03:42 pm »

I find this really interesting:

If someone posts, "so and so is an umcompassionate jerk!" we get hundreds of replies.  If someone posts, "This website is biased!" same thing.

However, if someone (me in this case) posts something serious and I believe very searching, everyone stays away from it.  Angry  Then, many of you send me email saying, "The tone on the board is bad, do something!"

Here you go, I'm doing something,  where is the dialogue?

Well, what of it?  How would YOU counsel this hypothetical brother?  How can you avoid this post?  Is everyone still in denial?

Here is one thing I would NOT tell this broken confused Christian:

"Well, just go to another one of your church's seminars and listen to the leader who is next in line speak for two days.  That seems like a good thing to do."

Again, we aren;t talking about the Assembly here, just a hypothetical situation.

Anyone brave enough to answer?

Brent
Rudy

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2003, 10:43:31 pm »

Brent,

You have posted the main body of this message more than once.
I took it to be a scolding - to take care how we communicate. Of
course after your clarification it is clear that you want some input
on how to talk to a wounded, present member of the geftakys system.

As far as a word for word presentation, I can't offer that. But here is
what I can offer - and no it's not a complete presentation. I would
share how I came to Christ followed by how I became involved in
the assembly. Then progress to how things change after becoming
committed to the assembly. The next part I will give in more detail :
There is a spiritual battle raging for the souls of men - that's you
and me. You are troubled by what is happening or what you percieve
to be as problems w/ the fellowship you are in. In my experience the
Lord at least twice very clearly spoke to me about leaving. My response
was one of fear - that I couldn't leave the one and only testimony in
the town of Hastings. When I responded in fear like I did, it was as if
a dark veil closed over my mind. The Lord spoke, I disobeyed out of
fear and the light He was shining was removed. The Lord may be
enlightening you regarding the assembly - just like He enlightened you
before you accepted Him as your Lord and Savior. Don't take His
kindness and mercy towards you lightly. Have you noticed a change in
your peace and joy in it's simplicity - that which you experienced when
you were fresh born ? Think about it. I had to take a bold and definitive
first step in order to break free from that which was killing me - taking
away my love for my First Love that I had at the beginning. It's only
been fairly recently that I've begun to enjoy the simplicity of my
salvation as I enjoyed it in the begining.

The rest from here on would depend on the persons response definitely
followed by coming before our Heavenly Father in the Chief Shepherds
name. Refering the person to a book again will depend on their response.
Throwing a book at someone and telling them to read it never set right
with me. Well, at least that's how I'd make an initial approach.
brad

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2003, 11:10:08 pm »

To Bubba-gum;

24 hours ago I would have agreed with your statements ( to some degree)...but after several private chat's with Mr. Brent Tr0ckman...I have a much diffrent perspective..I would challenge you to put yourself in his shoes and re-consider.

I have many concerns, but the vision here and the reality out there continues to FAR outweigh the alternative.

Watch a bit longer and read a bit more it will enlighten you...( said in true humility) God has his hand in much if not all of this.

Peace...
editor
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2003, 11:19:00 pm »

Ah, Brad?

That's Doctor....or Brent
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2003, 11:23:59 pm »

Brent and Other's:
   Bubba expresses a very unwise and unhealthy view.  When one views this website as simply "The Rod of God" and a means of seeking revenge by former members they are not getting it!
   It is compassionate to answer the questions of Brent's hypothetical brother, who was in the group he described, and to help him find his way out and into a healthy relationship with Christ.
   It is not time to go "Pollyanna" and ignore the truth here lest we leave the patient to die on the operating table by not completing the surgery.
   Valley Bros. are using every trick they have to continue business as usual, and thus to keep the old system going.  They must be more subtle now, but they aren't even considering their need for repentance.  Many see through their devious ways now.  I imagine there are other Assemblies that are doing the same.
    Are we going to far in pointing out these errors?  If this is the case then we need to open the dialogue that Brent describes and really ask some tough questions.   Ignorance and inaction, in the long run, will be far more negative than open and honest discussion.  Close down this site?  That can be done, but you can not close down truth or make the Holy Spirit stop his appeal to our conscience's.
                                            God Bless,  Mark
Susan McCarthy

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2003, 12:59:33 am »

Please don't end the website at this post in time.  I know of at least 10 guests who have checked it out in the past week. I have talked to at least 15 people in and out of the SB assembly this past week that are watching the events closely.  As more events unfold and curiosity is heightened (since this won't be shown on tv- haha), others will check it out.  The lambs are in varying stages of hurting, anger, recovery and rejoicing.  Let's not fall into the same judgment patterns that we ourselves have been subjected to!  The point of the website (as I understand it) is bringing the patient to the table for divine surgery.  We don't want to kill the patient ourselves- let God decide if it is an amputation or a heart transplant!

As more substantial topics are added, "i.e., Brian Steele's deprogramming experience and knowledge on cult behavior," my prayer is that many eyes will be opened and give the Holy Spirit room to work.

I do wish as tangents occur on the threads, the individuals launching a new discussion would start a new thread.

Thank you for providing this forum.  It doesn't have to be just a rod, it can be a staff of healing.  God bless.
freebird

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2003, 01:29:27 am »

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
psalm51

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2003, 01:33:58 am »

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Garth,
Are you rewriting history? Is this a typo? tongue-in-cheek? The Germans may have wanted to bomb Pearl Harbor, but the Japanese beat them to it.
And it wasn't over when they bombed Pearl Habor either! Wink
freebird

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2003, 01:38:54 am »

That's what they told you!  I have been given revelation on this subject!   Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: