AssemblyBoard
May 23, 2024, 07:27:49 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Perception, Perspective and Pronouncements...  (Read 3855 times)
Tony

Email
« on: February 21, 2004, 01:18:25 am »

Perceptions, Perspectives and Pronouncements

First off, I want to say that the “Parable of the Iceberg” is an excellent one..thanks Al.

Now, who can tell me why I made the above statement?

I’ll tell you who can…not a single one of you.   Sure, you can take stabs at it, you can probably come up with any one of the following:

*  I have gone through spiritual warfare…
*  I am simple minded and just like the emotional stuff…
*  I don’t care much for Brent or Verne and am glad that Al “put it to ‘em”…
*   I’m just trying to encourage Al because he deels with depression…
*  I simply thought it was a good analogy…
*   It encouraged me personally, not having to do with the discussion on the BB at all…
*   I recognized the type represented by the iceberg, of carnal man...with his glistening neat appearrance showing while jagged and dark plans for destruction are beneath the surface.

You'll just have to buy my book to know what I really meant...(j/k)  
  Kim, Dave and Al, your messages in response to the hub bub are pretty much saying the same thing that I’m trying to say here…It is one’s perspective that should be taken into account before we get offended.  Of course it could be our own perception or perspective which makes another person’s pronouncement offensive.   Or, like Dave had said, we could have been angry about something else and a message/comment triggered that emotion.   We can’t all be above reproach as those *overcomers” who soar so far above us.   Who look into a mirror and forget immediately what it is they have seen, so as to pronounce judgement on another who’s mote has been spotted.

Having said the above, what impresses me about the regular folks on this BB is that they quickly seek  to reconcile the differences or misunderstandings which occur from time to time.

It is the Good Samaritans on here who take the time to recognize the wound of one who is injured.   To at least try not to add salt to the wound by pronouncing a higher understanding of another’s situation from their own lofty perch.   Remember that Jesus said that salt has no value if it has lost it's flavor.    

Or there may be someone, like me, who has a son with severe disabilities and multiple medical conditions.   Who has explored many alternative treatments for years…who has become sick and tired of outlandish claims of products with little or no regulatory control or scientifically proven results.   She certainly doest protest too much!

Blessings, Tony

Philippians 1:7  Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.
8  For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.
9  And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
10  That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;
11   Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

P.S.  Please don't read into my message a tone or underlying intentions...if they are there or appear to be there...give me a break.   I had to do an emergency replacement of my son's G-tube button last evening...this really shook me up.
Joe Sperling

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 02:00:46 am »

Tony---

Where is this "Parable of the Iceberg"? I can't find it
on the threads. Is it for real or are you just kidding?

--Joe
Tony

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 02:14:35 am »

Tony---

Where is this "Parable of the Iceberg"? I can't find it
on the threads. Is it for real or are you just kidding?

--JoeJoe,

Al Hartman used the analogy on the thread of the curse...I think it was that one???   Parable of the Iceberg are my own words.

By4now, Tony
Kimberley Tobin
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 02:17:46 am »

It is under the "Bible" topic, under the thread, "I want to talk about the curse".  Hope that helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: