AssemblyBoard
May 16, 2024, 01:10:56 am *
The board has been closed to new content. It is available as a searchable archive only. This information will remain available indefinitely.

I can be reached at brian@tucker.name

For a repository of informational articles and current information on The Assembly, see http://www.geftakysassembly.com

Home   Search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45
  Print  
Author Topic: WOUNDED PILGRIMS  (Read 379031 times)
moonflower2

Email
« Reply #510 on: May 02, 2006, 07:05:27 pm »

Mark,

I just got to reading your biography of Ted. How incredibly insightful and true these descriptions are. I especially enjoyed the March 25 post which describes the game of one-up-manship in their "conversation".  (The person who would "react" in some way, was the one who was exhibiting their immaturity and unspirituality, and would only reinforce the threated "opponent's" feelings of superiority, who would then walk away, thinking, "uh,huh! just as I thought!") I believe this is also an eastern religion concept?

Moonflower

Mark C.

Email
« Reply #511 on: May 03, 2006, 05:08:57 am »

Hi Moonflower!

Thanks for your encouraging comments.

And, I'm glad you mentioned something about Ted's mind game with his former Assembly cohort.  It was amazing how Assembly members (or fellow members of the same cult) know how all the rules for these games work.

Here's one I'm sure you're familiar with:

Leading Bro.---- "We missed you brother." (translation= you're in trouble.)

Submissive Follower: "Ah, yes, and thank you for asking." (translation= I'm busted!)

L. Bro.--- "It would be great if you could call if you can't make it.  You know we worry when we don't hear from you."  ( translation= we're really worried that our control over your life might be lost.)

Sub. Foll.--- Yes, and I'm sorry, but I was very sick and was too weak to make a phone call. ( Translation= I was just burnt out, dead tired, and couldn't go through the routine on the phone with you where you heaped guilt on me till I decided to just come out to the meeting!)

L. Bro.---  "Remember brother that the leadership has a responsibility before God and we must give an account to Him re. those God has put into our care." (translation= GG has trained us how to use God's name in order to control those we desire to manipulate)

Sub. Foll.--- "I know brother and I apologize for not making the call."  (translation= "but it was sure nice to finally get some sleep."

L. Bro.--- "You know bro., one of the requirements of being a good steward and earning a full reward from God is attendance at all of the Lord's appointments.  If you make the effort to make it out God will reward you with his strength;  if you can't run with the horseman what will you do in the swellings of Jordon?!"
 (translation= Your illness was phony and God hates you because you are such a weakling; and you ain't going anywhere in this group unless you get with the program!!!)

Sub. Foll. " Pray for me that I remain strong in the faith."  (Translation= God must hate me for wanting to rest and I feel totally guilty and hopeless!")

I think that all phony religion, whether Eastern or not, that bases their relationships in some kind of self righteousness end up developing these games.  This is due to the fact that we have a phony outer expression that is designed to mask the true person that we are.

When in the Valley Assembly the members called the Leaders bluff by demanding honest responses the whole group just fell to pieces and ceased to exist.  When the leaders lost their ability to intimidate members via "God talk" the game was over and these leaders knew it and just left!

Some of these same games are still being played in groups still meeting, and those exposing them are still being called "negative, bitter, etc."

Many of the wounds some of us "submissive followers" still bear have to do with feeling guilty/non- Christ like when we get tired of getting pushed around by those that would try to control us.   I am one of the "many" and there is some of "Ted" in me.

God Bless,  Mark C.

moonflower2

Email
« Reply #512 on: May 03, 2006, 09:41:26 am »

Hi Moonflower!

And, I'm glad you mentioned something about Ted's mind game with his former Assembly cohort.  It was amazing how Assembly members (or fellow members of the same cult) know how all the rules for these games work.

Submissive Follower: "Ah, yes, and thank you for asking." (translation= I'm busted!)

L. Bro.--- "It would be great if you could call if you can't make it.  You know we worry when we don't hear from you."  ( translation= we're really worried that our control over your life might be lost.)

Sub. Foll.--- Yes, and I'm sorry, but I was very sick and was too weak to make a phone call. ( Translation= I was just burnt out, dead tired, and couldn't go through the routine on the phone with you where you heaped guilt on me till I decided to just come out to the meeting!)

L. Bro.---  "Remember brother that the leadership has a responsibility before God and we must give an account to Him re. those God has put into our care." (translation= GG has trained us how to use God's name in order to control those we desire to manipulate)

Sub. Foll.--- "I know brother and I apologize for not making the call."  (translation= "but it was sure nice to finally get some sleep."

L. Bro.--- "You know bro., one of the requirements of being a good steward and earning a full reward from God is attendance at all of the Lord's appointments.  If you make the effort to make it out God will reward you with his strength;  if you can't run with the horseman what will you do in the swellings of Jordon?!"
 (translation= Your illness was phony and God hates you because you are such a weakling; and you ain't going anywhere in this group unless you get with the program!!!)

Sub. Foll. " Pray for me that I remain strong in the faith."  (Translation= God must hate me for wanting to rest and I feel totally guilty and hopeless!")

I think that all phony religion, whether Eastern or not, that bases their relationships in some kind of self righteousness end up developing these games.  This is due to the fact that we have a phony outer expression that is designed to mask the true person that we are.

When in the Valley Assembly the members called the Leaders bluff by demanding honest responses the whole group just fell to pieces and ceased to exist.  When the leaders lost their ability to intimidate members via "God talk" the game was over and these leaders knew it and just left!

Some of these same games are still being played in groups still meeting, and those exposing them are still being called "negative, bitter, etc."

Many of the wounds some of us "submissive followers" still bear have to do with feeling guilty/non- Christ like when we get tired of getting pushed around by those that would try to control us.   I am one of the "many" and there is some of "Ted" in me.

God Bless,  Mark C.

Yep, the old "let me lay on the guilt because you couldn't possibly be making it" phone call to be avoided.  Grin

M2
« Reply #513 on: May 03, 2006, 11:26:32 pm »

Hi Mark C.,

Hi Rachel,
( I have narrowed my choice to Rachel in my addressing you as you have not answered my request as to which name you prefer me to use.)

This is a rather interesting and sublime bit of reflection on your part (along with a couple of others) that bears a sharp contrast to your expression in other posts.

Are you interested in having a conversation re. your comments on the BB?  I ask this for several reasons:

1.) A Bulletin Board is designed as a means of conversation and does not exist as a private blog.  It is impolite in such an environment to be non-responsive.

2.) This BB is designed to discuss issues re. the Assembly of GG, though it may wander at times, and because of this questions re. how your posts relate to that subject should be answered, at least occasionally.

I imagine you have posted as a means to tell the readers something and without the abiity for us to ask you about what you mean, and how that might relate to our interests here, you may be just filling the BB with mysteries in a foreign tongue.

Thanks so much and God Bless,  Mark C.

I am not planning to participate in any ensuing discussion re. my comment.

This is how it looks to me as an outside observer. You are focussed on the prodigal while he was away from the Father such that you cannot recognize his return back home, and therefore, the need to rejoice and celebrate.

Marcia M

PS. the thread, with your original response, is locked, hence I responded here.
MM
Mark C.

Email
« Reply #514 on: May 04, 2006, 05:50:54 am »

Hi Marcia!

If you do not comment I will be left with only confusion as to what is going on here.  I don't understand where Rachel (Sunshine-Praise, etc.) is at in regard to her relationship with the Lord.  I do know that her expressed thoughts on the BB have been rather obtuse at times.

If she is a "prodigal" who has returned to the Lord that's great, but if you've been following her posts they are rather bewildering----(and I am not alone in this assessment).

Only God knows where one's heart is at, and it is not my place to judge her sincerity.  The only thing I want to do is to try and understand what she is writing and attempt through conversation to have some sort of reasonable discussion.

If that is my problem due to an incorrect "focus" then please help me see better so I do not continue in such a state of blindness.

I did not block the topic, and can't see why anyone would, but maybe there were some posts that I have not seen.  Stay tuned and maybe the mystery will be solved.

Good to hear from you Marcia, and God Bless,  Mark C.
M2
« Reply #515 on: May 04, 2006, 09:01:48 am »

Hi Marcia!

If you do not comment I will be left with only confusion as to what is going on here.  I don't understand where Rachel (Sunshine-Praise, etc.) is at in regard to her relationship with the Lord.  I do know that her expressed thoughts on the BB have been rather obtuse at times.

If she is a "prodigal" who has returned to the Lord that's great, but if you've been following her posts they are rather bewildering----(and I am not alone in this assessment).

Only God knows where one's heart is at, and it is not my place to judge her sincerity.  The only thing I want to do is to try and understand what she is writing and attempt through conversation to have some sort of reasonable discussion.

If that is my problem due to an incorrect "focus" then please help me see better so I do not continue in such a state of blindness.

I did not block the topic, and can't see why anyone would, but maybe there were some posts that I have not seen.  Stay tuned and maybe the mystery will be solved.

Good to hear from you Marcia, and God Bless,  Mark C.

Hi Mark,

I will be deleting my account after this post.

Rachel's posts can speak for themselves, so I will refrain from commenting further.

The thread is still locked or me.  You have moderator status, hence the reason you can access it.

Regards,
Marcia
Sunshine_Praise
« Reply #516 on: May 04, 2006, 09:23:57 am »

Lips sealed   IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY HOW ABOUT YOU KEEP THAT MOUTH OF YOURS CLOSED.

Lips sealed   AND PERSONALY I DONT CARE HOW YOU VIEW OR THINK ABOUT MY INFORMATION.

Lips sealed   IF  YOU DONT LIKE MY INFORMATION THEN DONT READ IT " what are you a sucker for pain ?                             

Lips sealed    Don't you have a real job beside making your tongue work over time!

Lips sealed    WHO NEEDS YOUR IMPUT

Lips sealed    I DONT RECAL ASKING FOR IT

Lips sealed   GO DO SOMETHING WORTH WHILE  beside being Critical about everything and anything "Is this the high light of your day? 

Lips sealed   Look dude I dont know you from a hole in the earth and neither do you , so cut the crap with your put me down attitute.

Lips sealed  Grow up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wink
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 09:27:06 am by Sunshine_Praise » Logged
Eulaha L. Long

Email
« Reply #517 on: May 04, 2006, 10:07:56 am »

Sunshine_Praise,

Pardon me for saying so, but I think you're the one who needs to grow up!

-Eulaha (my REAL name)
outdeep

Email
« Reply #518 on: May 04, 2006, 05:58:27 pm »

The only thing I want to do is to try and understand what she is writing and attempt through conversation to have some sort of reasonable discussion.

Sunshine Praise:

I think this is a reasonable motive and question that Mark has.  I'm sorry you interprete it in such a negative light as if Mark is attempting to force unsolicited, negative criticism down your throat.

What I understand him saying is that it isn't clear to him the purpose of your posts and he wants to know if you are posting them for the purpose of discussion or just a "one-way" thing.  By your response, it looks like you want to simply post whatever you like and that no one comment. 

Some folks do that, of course, but a bulletin board is generally at its best when someone introduces a topic and folks discuss it online.

-Dave
Explorer

Email
« Reply #519 on: May 04, 2006, 08:43:27 pm »

"The only thing I want to do is to try and understand what she is writing and attempt through conversation to have some sort of reasonable discussion."

"Brother, I just want to know why you weren't at the meeting because I want to know the best way that I can help you."

Hmmmmm..................

Oscar

Email
« Reply #520 on: May 04, 2006, 11:03:24 pm »

Hi Mark,

I will be deleting my account after this post.

Rachel's posts can speak for themselves, so I will refrain from commenting further.

The thread is still locked or me.  You have moderator status, hence the reason you can access it.

Regards,
Marcia

As far as I can tell, it is not blocked at this time.  I must confess my level of computer savvy limits me to that.

Thomas Maddux
Oscar

Email
« Reply #521 on: May 04, 2006, 11:05:32 pm »

Lips sealed   IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY HOW ABOUT YOU KEEP THAT MOUTH OF YOURS CLOSED.

Lips sealed   AND PERSONALY I DONT CARE HOW YOU VIEW OR THINK ABOUT MY INFORMATION.

Lips sealed   IF  YOU DONT LIKE MY INFORMATION THEN DONT READ IT " what are you a sucker for pain ?                             

Lips sealed    Don't you have a real job beside making your tongue work over time!

Lips sealed    WHO NEEDS YOUR IMPUT

Lips sealed    I DONT RECAL ASKING FOR IT

Lips sealed   GO DO SOMETHING WORTH WHILE  beside being Critical about everything and anything "Is this the high light of your day? 

Lips sealed   Look dude I dont know you from a hole in the earth and neither do you , so cut the crap with your put me down attitute.

Have any of you other "Dudes" noticed that "Sunshine Praise" spells like Dave Mauldin?   Wink

Thomas Maddux
outdeep

Email
« Reply #522 on: May 05, 2006, 01:07:49 am »

Have any of you other "Dudes" noticed that "Sunshine Praise" spells like Dave Mauldin?   Wink

Thomas Maddux
Thank you Tom for your imput (sic). As I recal (sic), Daves (sic) posts dont (sic) spell so good either.  But we must not be Critical (sic).  After all, "is this the high light (sic) of your day? (sic)

marden
« Reply #523 on: May 05, 2006, 05:37:47 am »

It is my belief that my previous up-bringing in the Assembly does have something to do with why I react so strongly against those that are trying to take advantage of me (and/or others) and that understanding where that reaction comes from will ultimately help me to be strong in face of the temptation to provocation.

God Bless,  Mark C.

I to this day still get this" hey wait minute or who are talking to like that" response whenever I think someone is trying to take advantage of me or someone I know. I have had individuals say things to me that have reminded me alot of my assembly experience. I really get "unhappy" with others who shun you or act like they are 1st class.  So maybe there is some vailidity to your belief and thank you for your biographies on Ted and the others.

God Bless
Jay

marden
« Reply #524 on: May 05, 2006, 06:06:01 am »

Hi Moonflower!

God Bless,  Mark C.

I always did like having caller ID but then again I'd hear these at the next meeting.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: